Aberdeen V East Fife

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make this one cause of work. Pissed off at them about this as I'm always one of the few people who work evenings while others never do any evening work. I signed up to the auto-cup scheme this season as I hadn't missed a midweek home cup game in 6 years or so. Typical.

The upside I guess is that by not going I've actually increased the attendance tomorrow night. I gave my ticket to one of my sisters and she'll be taking her boyfriend with her.

Anyone remember this one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7872148.stm

Enjoyed it more than the 6-0 because it was the first time I'd seen us put more than 4 past anyone competitively.

aye, really enjoyed both our recent games against east fife. i seem to remember the 5-0 as being ruined as a game as the keeper was sent off after only a few minutes?

would say that i enjoyed the 6-0 more, simply due to the passion in magennis' celebration! looking forward to it!

If I read this tomorrow will the game be on Wednesday?

Yes, its on Wednesday - head down at 7 and you get a comfy seat in the Main stand next to the other scenile punters.

After listening to the Gaffer sounds like he's going to give some players a rest before MWell. Fair doos but i'd like to see Fallon and Chalali remain up front - can see Josh playing wide as Fyvie is off playing for Scotland. And if he's going down the route of playing others then Pawlett should and start - and get his shit together;

RUN.BYLINE.CROSS

RUN.BYLINE.CROSS

AND REPEAT

need to get things in perspective here, last time they had not played for three months cos of the weather.

they knocked out dunfermline this year and a coupe of years ago did, i think st mirren and only beaten by 4-0 to the huns in next round.

so a win yes, but i dont see 4-5-6 nil myself

Think I'll go for 3-0.

If we score early enough and settle the nerves, get the crowd on our side we could rattle 5 by them. At least we seem to have a bit of fight in us now, unfortunately that's offset by lack of creativity and CB changing the team every week.

With a small squad I'm sure CB is more focused on the M'Well game. I'd expect Fallon, Clark, Folly & Chalali to get some much needed game time, even if only for 10-45mins.

Main thing for me is going out and getting a good morale boosting result without injuries, setting us up in a positive frame of mind for M'Well. Someone else mentioned we can't afford to lose against M'Well and keep being told we'll come good, I agree. We have to start winning very soon. That allows players to relax a bit more and play with more confidence, then we can really see what this side are capable of. Until that happens we're a regular bottom 4 side.

Interesting comments from Mawene pre-match.

Aberdeen defender Youl Mawene: "It is a game that we 100% have to win.

"We don't seem to quite have that winning mentality yet. The Old Firm teams are capable of always picking up maximum points whether or not they play well.

"We have to pick ourselves up and start working harder in training.

"We have got the talent and on paper we have a decent team. But, if the mentality is not quite right, you are not going to win many games."

Think he is spot on. We really need a couple of wins on the trot to gain some confidence. If the only results we can get are draws then it has the potential to be just as unsuccessful a season as last.