Sh*te Players

I've been thinking about it long and hard. After conducting several assessments I have reached the conclusion as to why we are sitting 11th in the league - we have sh*te players. I know, I know... it's crazy but it's true.

Seriously though. Have we ever had so many players who are incapable of passing a ball 5 yards when under the slightest bit of pressure? I only play football for 1 hour a week and I think I would be better. I suppose it's not their fault - it's the managers who have signed them up and they are happy to make a living out of it. But I just really hope the following players know how lucky they are - because if I was as bad at my job as they are at theirs I would get sacked

Darren Mackie

Rory Mcardle

Josh Magennis

Chris Clark

We can maybe get away with 1 of these guys on the pitch, but we really are hopeless when 2 of them are on. Surely giving some youth players a go would be a better shout?

Have we ever had this many dire first team players? I can't believe how bad they are.

I also agree that the obvious problem lies with the lack of quality on the park, I'm not the biggest fan of Craig Brown but his hands are tied with the restricted budget he has at his disposal. I like most on these boards only want success for AFC but for far too long the club have fallen further down the pecking order in Scottish football where now a top 6 finish would be hailed as a success by some.

I think there are more than the 4 duds above we should jettison from the club. but, if we don't have the cash to replace them with a better quality player what's the point?

I will wait and see if the manager has the sense to finally end the pittodrie careers of at least one of the above players and please please Craig stop spouting the same shite after every interview.

How many fucking times!

THE FORTH (4TH) BIGGEST BUDGET IN SCOTLAND and we DON'T have overly high expectations.

:deadhorse::spanner::suicide:

I don't have overly high expectations and I'm far from being FUCKING happy. but fire grampa and keeping the same duds Isn't the answer. Hearts have the third largest budget and look at the shit there in.

I don't have overly high expectations and I'm far from being FUCKING happy. but fire grampa and keeping the same duds Isn't the answer. Hearts have the third largest budget and look at the shit there in.

Pointless post, Hearts are nae AFC and also nae in a relegation fight.

We have realistic expectations (pushing for Europe and nae getting done by shite in the cups) and have the 4th biggest budget.

We are 2nd bottom (off the bottom on goal diff) and out by East Fife.

I know. I think any of those Motherwell players yesterday would walk straight into our starting 11... they must be on a fraction of the wages our duds are on

Shows how shite we were that i only noticed Jamie Murphy with about 5 minutes to go and Motherwell still beat us comfortably despite the close scoreline.

Pointless post

I would say 95% of the support would agree with that that is where we should be aiming for every season. My point was about sacking the manager each time but keeping the same players does not work.

I've only posted twice and you are already getting on ma tits. your note on the clubs board by any chance as you have the credentials?

I totally agree. Our best 11 is ok but if someone gets injured or banned it leaves a massive gap cause the replacement just isn't anywhere near good enough. Also we don't have a proper left mid.

Agreed but i think Milsom is fitting in well out there. Chipping in with some good runs.

See what you mean though, having Jack back will be massive for us along with Arnason hopefully on Saturday

• Site Sponsor

I also agree that the obvious problem lies with the lack of quality on the park, I'm not the biggest fan of Craig Brown but his hands are tied with the restricted budget he has at his disposal. I like most on these boards only want success for AFC but for far too long the club have fallen further down the pecking order in Scottish football where now a top 6 finish would be hailed as a success by some.

I think there are more than the 4 duds above we should jettison from the club. but, if we don't have the cash to replace them with a better quality player what's the point?

I will wait and see if the manager has the sense to finally end the pittodrie careers of at least one of the above players and please please Craig stop spouting the same shite after every interview.

He has a bigger budget than Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. Where are they in the league?

Money is not the issue here, it is philosophy.

Aye, why did the same managers have greater success elsewhere with lower budgets.

There is something inherently wrong at the club that a further change of manager would not make a difference to.

I don't think there would be many other businesses in the world where the person running the show would not consider his own position and at least justify it going forward on the sacking of each manager. He can be majority shareholder without running the whole thing...

Its not just shite players. Its a shite club in general.

The likes of Gonzales, Considine, Mawene, Foster, Jack, Arnasson, Osbourne, Milsom and Vernon would get a regular game for most SPL clubs.

I'd wager that if our starting XI from Saturday were all playing for the same club in the SPL that wasn't Aberdeen (or the OF), against a non-old firm side, they would have got 3 points.

Why? I have no fuckin idea.

Agree with the sentiment here

Whilst leaving the ground on Saturday I overheard one supporter say "well he is just an average player from the lower Englisg leagues"

I did not pick up on who they were talking about but really could have been a few of them. I suppose that is just the reality of who we have playing for us. Mix that in with the likes of Clark & Mackie then it really is no wonder our current standing is what it is.

My only gripe and as others point out why oh why can Killie, Well and even St Johnstone this season put these boys to good use ?

Aye, why did the same managers have greater success elsewhere with lower budgets.

There is something inherently wrong at the club that a further change of manager would not make a difference to.

I don't think there would be many other businesses in the world where the person running the show would not consider his own position and at least justify it going forward on the sacking of each manager. He can be majority shareholder without running the whole thing...

Here's a slant that some may not have considered.

Milne is a budget builder, if he can skimp on Chipboard/Compressed Cardboard flooring instead of proper pine floorboards he will..... the same goes for all the materials he uses in constructing his kit houses.

He's got away with this for years and people keep buying from him....This is his business plan...build them cheap and flog them high.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that he is using this business plan for running the Club...why pay for quality when the gullible idiots of Aberdeen will put up with Mackie and McArdle.

As long as we "put up with shit...this cu*t aint going to suddenly start spending more than he needs to"....Why should he...He claims to be an AFC fan...don't kid yourselves this cu*t is out to get max out of AFC with min input from himself.....He is no more a Football man than he is a Quality Builder

Here's a slant that some may not have considered.

Milne is a budget builder, if he can skimp on Chipboard/Compressed Cardboard flooring instead of proper pine floorboards he will..... the same goes for all the materials he uses in constructing his kit houses.

He's got away with this for years and people keep buying from him....This is his business plan...build them cheap and flog them high.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that he is using this business plan for running the Club...why pay for quality when the gullible idiots of Aberdeen will put up with Mackie and McArdle.

As long as we "put up with shit...this cu*t aint going to suddenly start spending more than he needs to"....Why should he...He claims to be an AFC fan...don't kid yourselves this cu*t is out to get max out of AFC with min input from himself.....He is no more a Football man than he is a Quality Builder

But Milne is giving our managers more money than most of the league to "build" with. One thing that isn't his fault is that the playing budget is being pissed away.

But Milne is giving our managers more money than most of the league to "build" with. One thing that isn't his fault is that the playing budget is being pissed away.

What for Aberdeen?...what you guys are forgetting is you can buy a 4 bed house in Motherwell for the price of a tenement flat in Aberdeen....It's all relative...Milne is cheap in an afluent area of the country?....Dick Donald was canny but would put his hand in his pocket when required...I've seen fu(k all from Milne....I can't remember a Charlie Nick type signing since Milne took charge....can you??

He is responsible for the appointment of the last two managers...which has to be the most unimaginative in the history of Scottish Football....."Who spends little money and is doing nae bad...Aye Motherwell...lets nick their manager."..not once but twice.........It's running a Football Club by numbers at best