Question And Answer Session In Ellon

On the head. Fans come frm all over from Inverness to banchory and Edinburgh etc etc and its not like every fan has to come directly through the centre of town. Moaning is the Aberdeen way let embrace it than cry over something that is definetly going ahead.

I imagine most will have to go through the city centre as there is minimal parking out there...

Is there a Park and Ride up beside the Makro?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you also dont think that fans will not go because its so far outside of the city?

I would think twice about going haking up North Anderson Drive and through a shit load of traffic.

I'd also not be arsed catching two buses to get to the game and having to get two buses home again.

A bypass would obviously help matters but until that comes to fruition there will be less people from the North attending matches of that I am very sure.

valid questions but they should be restricted to just ST holders and shareholders.

using their database would make far more sense.

I was just going for the minimum personally think all fans should have been asked, season tickets are the lifeblood of the club, they should have been asked.

If you lose your season ticket holders then you are going to be struggeling.

• Site Sponsor

I think most would have been against moving I was/am but looks like we have to. There would be moans about leaving wherever the new grun was going to be.

I don't give a fuck where it is as long as we have a decent team playing there.

• Site Sponsor

Think there should have been a questionaire sent out to all season ticket holders / shareholders!

Where do you live.

How do you get to the current stadium........Lets be honest most either walk or take a bus, (that really applies for fans getting the train in too) I would say maybes 10% of fans attending would take their car.

What attracts you to games at pittodrie stadium, social aspect, for the drink or just to see the team

Would you attend games at the proposed stadium site?

How will you get to the new stadium?

First things i would have considered after this

How many fans are having to spend over an hour travelling to the new stadium, will they be happy enough to do this.

Percentage of fans who only go to game just for the drink, are they still going to attend when having to spend 30mins + walking or getting the bus.

Percentage of fans who walk or get the train to games, will they be willing to travel to cove

There obviously would be loads more things to consider, but i think the club are being terribly short sighted in their thinking here.

I for one cant see myself going to regular games if im having to take the car / bus from city centre, would much rather get the train somewhere like inverurie and have a few pints out their, and im sure i wouldnt be alone!

A survey was carried out when the Kingswells site was proposed. I think that something like 83% of the support lived North of the Dee.

We are where we are. Go or don't go. At the end of the day if there is a decent team on the pitch who will give a fuck where the stadium is?

There will be loads of parking on a Saturday or whenever and you surely don't have to drive via Todders anyway.

Parking is number one issue and even club acknowledge this.

Parking restrictions will be in place all round area and in cove. Nearest real parking will be over a km walk away in industrial estates. Club want everyone to use some of the thirty odd buses that will leaves from all over town on match days but as yet don't know where these buses will come from as first certainly don't have enough as it is.

Some think parking is nightmare around pittodrie but there really is nowhere up that way parking wise.

Fingers crossed that the infrastructure is in place to work. AFC will hopefully have done their homework on it and got First and the Cooncil on board with such plans already.

I agree with Stoney though, some kind of fan consultation on travel wouldn't go amiss, even now...

You think a board which didn't consult fans because they believed they knew the results has done any homework? This whole project is based on guess work

A survey was carried out when the Kingswells site was proposed. I think that something like 83% of the support lived North of the Dee.

We are where we are. Go or don't go. At the end of the day if there is a decent team on the pitch who will give a fuck where the stadium is?

Double edged sword, in order to get the team we deserve on the pitch we need to invest, we cant do that with an average attendance of 5000.

The side we are watching just now is more than likely going to be the one we are watching in cove.

Would you be willing to stay sober to watch this team?

I'll open this up to the forum maybes a new thread, this stadium is going to be ready in two years as things stand.

How are you getting to the game, bus, car or walking (or not bothering at all)

Double edged sword, in order to get the team we deserve on the pitch we need to invest, we cant do that with an average attendance of 5000.

The side we are watching just now is more than likely going to be the one we are watching in cove.

I'll open this up to the forum maybes a new thread, this stadium is going to be ready in two years as things stand.

I get the car and don't really drink at most home games anyway.

most people stay sober to watch the game. a couple of pints before hand maybe but thats it.

Really? Couple of pints?

I can assure you being in the bobbin, archies, three golf clubs, northern bowling club, pitt bar, scotia, archies, the kirkgate and the tilted wig for a lot of years and all these bars are packed from 11 onwards and most folk have more than a couple of pints!

I would say lest than a quarter of people going to pittodrie would be legally allowed to drive after the game.

Really? Couple of pints?

I can assure you being in the bobbin, archies, three golf clubs, northern bowling club, pitt bar, scotia, archies, the kirkgate and the tilted wig all these bars are packed from 11 onwards and most folk have more than a couple of pints!

I would say lest than a quarter of people going to pittodrie would be legally allowed to drive after the game.

Less than a quarter?

Only if you include the kids even then unlikely.

Really? Couple of pints?

I can assure you being in the bobbin, archies, three golf clubs, northern bowling club, pitt bar, scotia, archies, the kirkgate and the tilted wig for a lot of years and all these bars are packed from 11 onwards and most folk have more than a couple of pints!

I'm sure most people could handle not having too much to drink

I dont think so, most folk i know only go to pittodrie because they want to have a few drinks with their mates.

I think given the option of going to the pub for a few pints or hauling ass over to cove most will chose to stay in the city.

Think St Johnstone are quite a good blueprint.

Whats their average attendance like now? Their set up is almost identical as to what ours is going to be like.

I dont think so, most folk i know only go to pittodrie because they want to have a few drinks with their mates.

I think given the option of going to the pub for a few pints or hauling ass over to cove most will chose to stay in the city.

Whats their average attendance like now? Their set up is almost identical as to what ours is going to be like.

St Johnstone have never had a big support.

You think we are similar to St J?

You think our new grun will be "identical" to McD Park?

You think St J's crowds have fallen because of the new stadium?

:laughing:

if people were only going to have a few drinks then why bother with the football at all? seems to be a waste of time for them. Just stay in the pub anyway. I think you are over estimating the need for a pint on match days

[/b]

You think we are similar to St J?

You think our new grun will be "identical" to McD Park?

You think St J's crowds have fallen because of the new stadium?

:laughing:

I think we are now yes!

Nope it wont be anything like their stadium, but in terms of location, local bars, eateries, distance from train station, transport issues i think its near enough identical to what we are going to be like in cove

St Johnstones crowds have fallen since they moved out of the city centre.

We are now averaging what 8000? for home games 9000? at most - quite a large portion of those fans are probably only going because its either walking distance from where they live, or because there are loads of pubs around the ground.

Who else has moved outwith the city? Not been to st mirrens stadium so have no idea of its location? Cally Thistle (dont know where their old ground was) Falkirk?

St Johnstone have never had a big support.

Stoney is speaking shyte.

Their crowds went up fan they moved grun.

St J moved to McD Park in 89/90 and got circa 3/4k.

At Muirton Park in the years previous they struggled to get 1k.

Lowest attendance: 466 v. Albion Rovers (April 1986) according to wiki.

Mind you used to get a fair scrap wi nae segregation at Muirton.

if people were only going to have a few drinks then why bother with the football at all? seems to be a waste of time for them. Just stay in the pub anyway. I think you are over estimating the need for a pint on match days

I dont think i am at all!

I think most folk wouldnt go to the game if they didnt have a pint before hand.

I think we are now yes!

Nope it wont be anything like their stadium, but in terms of location, local bars, eateries, distance from train station, transport issues i think its near enough identical to what we are going to be like in cove

St Johnstones crowds have fallen since they moved out of the city centre.

We are now averaging what 8000? for home games 9000? at most - quite a large portion of those fans are probably only going because its either walking distance from where they live, or because there are loads of pubs around the ground.

Who else has moved outwith the city? Not been to st mirrens stadium so have no idea of its location? Cally Thistle (dont know where their old ground was) Falkirk?

Plenty teams in England have.

I think 99% of people that go to Pittodrie go to watch the game. Why else would you spend £23 when you could stay in the bar and watch Soccer Saturday. Defies logic.

Stoney is speaking shyte.

Their crowds went up fan they moved grun.

St J moved to McD Park in 89/90 and got circa 3/4k.

At Muirton Park in the years previous they struggled to get 1k.

Lowest attendance: 466 v. Albion Rovers (April 1986) according to wiki.

Mind you used to get a fair scrap wi nae segregation at Muirton.

Funny that having less than 500 for a division two game.

I was on a site earlier that said for the first couple of years attendances did rise but probably because they got promoted. Then they started to drop quite dramatically.

If you are saying they only got 4k tops than that is a massive drop from the figures i seen. Where they were getting over 8000 at some home games.