Question And Answer Session In Ellon

Anyone south of Cove, anyone from Cove, Altens, Nigg, Kincorth, Torry, Garthdee are all absolutely winners as far as travel time is concerned. Many more will know no difference, and a number will be much worse off. Tis the way of things.

Will have to come right past stadium into Altens to park though and have to sit it out coming back past stadium on way back aswell.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because i dont enjoy watching the games doesnt mean i still dont support the club.

Plenty of reds dont go to games now because the stardard of football is so bad, dont blame them at all.

Youd have to be not right in the head to go into pittodrie with a smile on your face these days.

But you only go because of the location

:sheepdance:

If you're searching desperately for doom and gloom about the stadium, I'd suggest the car situation is not one you want to go down, it will be immeasurably better.

There isn't really any need to go hunting for reasons to be gloomy about a new stadium.

Already 600k in the red over it, we've now got approximately - (minus) 15,000,000 quid with which to buy a stadium, there's no sign of funding coming in after years of talking about funding, there's no rush to buy the Pittodrie site, and with every year that passes we owe more money to our escalating debt.... and aside from that there's the rumour that we don't even have all the land needed to build the new stadium anyway :thumbs:

No cash to buy a stadium and no land upon which to build it = pure fantasy from the AFC board, as usual.

Are you suggesting the location of the stadium shouldn't be have been decided on whether current regulars can get a pint or not? :nono:

I do reckon this new place will probably finish a few folk off from going to games, likely the ones who are miserable about absolutely everything AFC related 24/7, but then we'll likely pick up some too based on a more convenient location for those also - probably a fairly common occurance in teams who move to a new place, I'll still go regardless.

Im sure plenty of saddos will still go "just for the football" more power too them.

Again you are all having a pop picking out little things that i have said but failing to see my point.

There is absolutley no benefit to the Aberdeen supporters moving out to altens / cove! We will all have to make sacrifices whatever floats your boat before games! For many its drink, some its taking the kids to the beach for food and ten pin bowling, some like walking from their house, some just like walking! Some people just get caught in the pitt bar / golf clubs from their mates and decide to take the 5 minute walk to get a ticket at the gate.

But hey, why take my view, we have already spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on folk to tell us the same thing

"Loirston is

I have no problem with the location, as long as the infrastructure and logistics are in order. Maybe my knowledge of Altens etc ain't that good, but I still don't see where all the parking is going to be?

No your right, thats what most are objecting to.

Its lost on the simpletons nit-picking but i'll re-iterate, this is the wrong site for a football stadium, its holds no benefit to anyone, and club having again a blatant disregard for its fans.

No your right, thats what most are objecting to.

Its lost on the simpletons nit-picking but i'll re-iterate, this is the wrong site for a football stadium, its holds no benefit to anyone, and club having again a blatant disregard for its fans.

There is a distinct difference between what is deemed to be the 'best' site for a football stadium and what is in reality, available for us to build it on.

Union Terrace Gardens would make a terrific site, as would have been where they've just buily Union Square. Heck, why not Duthie Park? Fine and central.

We have to deal with many tangibles, mostly cost, availability and planning. We are never going to get a brownfield site, other than where we're currently located. But to rebuild Pittodrie, for one reason or another, is not an option.

Aberdeen City Council had this land open for sale and due to their inability to take part in a 'Community Stadium' project, have given it to us for what must be, buttons.

Sure, it's not city centre. But it's not exactly miles out of the city either.

Sure, parking may be restricted. But then again, with buses laid on, a bypass in the making in less than 5 years, access should be managable.

Those complaining are merely complaining for the sake of it. If you stayed in Dyce and had a job at BP, but they made you move to WG PSN's offices in Tullos, you'd be bummed, but you'd deal with it. A bit more hassle yes, but one that's not exactly life threatening. What we're talking about here is not a daily commute, it's what will amount to circa 22 trips in one year... less than 1 trip every fortnight. If you can't come to terms with the fact that this is the ONLY option on the table, and that you only have to make a minor adjustment to your footballing logistics, then you need to get some focus on what is really important in life.

Stoney, as the main protagonist here, I suggest you buy a feckin scooter and park up at the stadium doors. Other than that, awa and bile yer heid min, as you're getting so boring on the matter, it's driving me close to pulling own eyeballs oot ma sockets!!