Marley Watkins

He looks like a physical type. Tall and apparently lightening fast. Could be our Simon Church 2.0.

He's available on a free at the end of the season so if he is any good he might be a permanent feature for us. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow and hope he can put in a good performance.

• Upvote 2

Bristol City fan here who also watches lots of the SPFL on the box. I think Marley will be a good signing. He is quick, can play anywhere across the forward line, decent in the air, physical and plays for the jersey. He has been unlucky at City that he has been competing with 5m + strikers like Nakhi Wells, Bobby Reid and Famara Diedhou over past 3 years. Given that most defences in the SPFL will be below Championship standard I think he can be a decent performer. Hope so as I've always had a soft spot for AFC.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5
15 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

According to Wikipedia his Grandfather was an accomplished poet who knocked about with Dylan Thomas.

His name does sound like a Rastafarian paedo though. 

Fucking hell - Vernon Watkins was his grandad?
In the context of that braindead interview, that is freakin bizarre news.
Mibbe he just affects verbal retardation out of modesty. lol.png

1 hour ago, SGlosReds said:

Bristol City fan here who also watches lots of the SPFL on the box. I think Marley will be a good signing. He is quick, can play anywhere across the forward line, decent in the air, physical and plays for the jersey. He has been unlucky at City that he has been competing with 5m + strikers like Nakhi Wells, Bobby Reid and Famara Diedhou over past 3 years. Given that most defences in the SPFL will be below Championship standard I think he can be a decent performer. Hope so as I've always had a soft spot for AFC.

Ive a  Bristol City supporter pal described Watkins as an enigma

15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Simon Church wasn't tall OR fast?

My post wasn't intending to imply Simon Church was Tall or fast.

Rather highlighting Simon Church was on loan during our last striker injury crisis. He's also welsh and comes from the English Championship. I'm hoping he can replicate Church's goalscoring form while on loan to Aberdeen.

18 minutes ago, Arabian Knight said:

anither journeymin tae add tae the list.. hows mcinesss scouts so shyte.. ez contacts must b shyte but e keeps buyin fae doon there n its blind luck if thir ony gade..pityfil

Kieran Freeman-Southampton u21

Troy brown-Exeter 

Rakish Bingham-Doncaster 

Ryan Edwards-Blackpool 

your most recent signings and there aw fae down there!,and journeyman.

must have the same scouts

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SGlosReds said:

And Wes Burns?

3 hours ago, SGlosReds said:

If you read comments from various Norwich fans on Twitter, to put it mildly, they’re not so diplomatic & complimentary. 
I suppose zero goals on 24 games would have that effect?

I do wish the lad well.

i just don’t think he’s what we need at all.

We need an out & out centre forward. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If you read comments from various Norwich fans on Twitter, to put it mildly, they’re not so diplomatic & complimentary. 
I suppose zero goals on 24 games would have that effect?

I do wish the lad well.

i just don’t think he’s what we need at all.

We need an out & out centre forward. 

Yes Norwich fans hated him, we heard all that when we signed him. However, Barnsley fans loved him. Sometimes players click at a certain club. I just have a feeling Marley will do really well for you, I hope so anyway. Winning goal at Ibrox anyone??

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

If you watch interviews with most rap artists they come across as total mong boys, but if you sit them in a room with a blunt, a pen and paper, and later on a microphone then magic happens....  the artistry flows..

Hopefully for you lot old "Bob" turns out to be more Slim Shady than Vanilla Ice. 

Bounce Bounce come on bounce. ??

Would this be the case with thick as shit Yogi "shree points" Hughes. 

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Was bizarre that interview... I can't work out if he isn't arsed about playing for Aberdeen, or just couldn't be arsed with the interview... or just very tired!  Did not seem happy!

Having spent time in Scotland and played and scored in a SFA Cup final I'm sure he knows all about the size and ambition of Aberdeen. I'm sure he is excited about joining the club.

• Upvote 1