Buskers And Beggars

The Boofon

Am I the only one to think that buskers are taking liberties turning up on the street with fancy amps and musical instruments?

Granted they at least perform for their money but I'd give fuck all to some cunt with a 500 quid amp and a fancy electric guitar.

Beggars dependent on their accent will get money from me but I'd not entertain donating to somebody with fancy musical instrument set up. 

The guitar wifie is the other extreme. Get fucked.

However somebody with a tambourine, non electric guitar or other reasonably priced instrument surely far more worthy of a donation than some chancer with a couple of grands worth of musical gear.

Would only give money to a busker if they entertained me sufficiently to make me stop and listen to them for a bit.  Wouldn't really care too much about the value of the equipment used, but given most of the time when you see them with all the expensive stuff, they play generic rubbish like Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber and so on, I'm normally continuing on.  

There was a busker in Columbus this year outside the ice hockey arena post game who had made his own drums out of old crap.  He was fantastic on them.  Will have made hundreds of dollars in 10 minutes. Probably the only busker I've given money to in a long time.  If I've done it any other time, it will have been a drunken error.

It's the junkies you see wandering town just after lunchtime make me laugh. They are either walking around asking for change for their bus, because they've "lost their ticket", aye right mate. Or they are having a domestic with their other half, where one of them is one side of Union Street, and the other is across the road. "I DIDN'T FUCKING TOUCH YOUR DOG LINDA".   The woman have very little teeth, a gaunt hooker look and dead eyes, and the men look like something you'd see at an Oasis concert in 2019. 

Anybody mind the boy that used to walk up and down union terrace in a full tracksuit asking for a quid in an aggressive manner? More often than not he had a black eye after being chinned by folk that didn’t appreciate his tone.

Have you seen the weel kint fowk thread?

Boof starting this is a follow on from a guy I filmed yesterday on Belmont street in full 60's attire playing a Hammond organ. An excellent unique sound, gave him a few quid because it's an excellent instrument and the guy obviously has a music knowledge.

I don't like that boy that stands on Union street with the guitar and Staffy, he was wide with me in the balaclava a while ago.

I always give money to the old grey long haired boy who is beside St Nich centre or JL. Always gives a nod and a fit like, he's fine

Am I the only one to think that buskers are taking liberties turning up on the street with fancy amps and musical instruments?

Granted they at least perform for their money but I'd give fuck all to some cunt with a 500 quid amp and a fancy electric guitar.

Beggars dependent on their accent will get money from me but I'd not entertain donating to somebody with fancy musical instrument set up.

The guitar wifie is the other extreme. Get fucked.

However somebody with a tambourine, non electric guitar or other reasonably priced instrument surely far more worthy of a donation than some chancer with a couple of grands worth of musical gear.

Buskers aren't beggars mate. They're self employed entertainers.

The Tunnel on Kings Stables Road in Edinburgh was the last time I gave a busker money.  

Sunday morning walk trying to sober up a bit and hears this Saxaphone music coming out the tunnel.

Not a tourist in sight just this black fella and his Sax.. Stood and listened for few minuted because the acoustics were

fantastic and then dropped a note in his hat for the entertainment. 

Don't know if it was an expensive Sax !

Buskers on Rose St in Edinburgh are hit or miss, there’s a couple of cunts who knew three songs and would just play them for hours until some drunk bams came along and ask for Wonderwall. Think there’s a two hour limit to staying in one spot in Edinburgh, don’t know about Aberdeen. I will never give money to beggars, if you’re not willing to do some kind of work, fuck off away from me, I’m not giving you my hard earned money

Most of the beggars in Glasgow sit for a few hours then bugger off back home. There was a programme on recently where a guy slept rough for so many days. He came to Glasgow, befriended a guy who was begging every day. He then met him as he was finishing in the city - the boy rocked up in clothes worth a few hundred quid. Makes a killing begging. The Romanians are mainly part of organised groups as well. I don't any beggars cash

Most of the beggars in Glasgow sit for a few hours then bugger off back home. There was a programme on recently where a guy slept rough for so many days. He came to Glasgow, befriended a guy who was begging every day. He then met him as he was finishing in the city - the boy rocked up in clothes worth a few hundred quid. Makes a killing begging. The Romanians are mainly part of organised groups as well. I don't any beggars cash

Thought they sat in full tim kits then raped doo-gooders?

Canna be fucked finding the link to the horrible cunts court case.