Buskers And Beggars

The Boofon

Only give the boy across from the Belmont cinema near Nando’s. wore a Dons hatdon’t know he’s still there? Beard black hair got chatting one night when pished. Boy who comes from India to go offshore through my work you use get bags of big bags of Bombay mix, leather jackets and leather wallets round Christmas Always passed the leather jacket onto Aberdeen’s homeless and beggars, fine bunch they looked

Happily walk by any of the number of Romanian tinks we have begging on Union Street. Professional beggers and horrible fuckers as well.

Will happily give some cash to anyone doing anything other than simply begging on the street primarily due to the fact that they are making an effort.

• Upvote 1

I got a boot in the stones from a beggar once. She was actually alright and I suggested she'd make a few notes down Leith docks sucking cocks. She went tonto giving it the old 'do you think I'm a hoor' routine. The polis were passing and stopped but I'm no grass. She ended up working in a wee box selling the Evening News and a bit smoke on the side at the west end of Princes Street.

I will never give a Romanian gypo cash. Fuck them.

I'd rather give a Scottish junkie a tenner knowing full well what he's going to do with it.

The prominent time I remember giving a beggar money was when he had a sign along the lines of 'please give me money, I'll not lie it's going on drink and drugs'

He got suitably provided with plenty money from us and also a crate of beer the police hadn't let us drink on a train to Aberdeen as it was a dry train. The beggar gentleman was ecstatic.

It's the junkies you see wandering town just after lunchtime make me laugh. They are either walking around asking for change for their bus, because they've "lost their ticket", aye right mate. Or they are having a domestic with their other half, where one of them is one side of Union Street, and the other is across the road. "I DIDN'T FUCKING TOUCH YOUR DOG LINDA". The woman have very little teeth, a gaunt hooker look and dead eyes, and the men look like something you'd see at an Oasis concert in 2019.

The 20p bus fare lads always puzzled me. I used to make a point of taking out a handful of change, carefully selecting a 20p as requested and handing it over. I’d then walk away leaving them looking at the coin and presumably thinking they may need to change their corporate model and marketing strategy.

• Upvote 1

It's the accordion players that do my head in. Fucking hate the noise they make. Some of the beggars make good money. In my taxi driving days I had a regular who would take a taxi ride to Clydebank to do his begging then call me for the return journey later. £15 each way fare, says he stops when he's made £100. Fucker was making a ton quicker than I could.

Some of the Big Issue sellers were making a fortune at one point. I remember the first two in Aberdeen, the first one was outside the St Nicholas Centre entrance made loads of dough. Him and the other one came into the Malt Mill when I was working there while signed off work with a broken leg and they took in a massive pile of money. Bought a few rounds of the most expensive drinks at the bar, then buggered off again, I didn’t grudge them that at all

The prominent time I remember giving a beggar money was when he had a sign along the lines of 'please give me money, I'll not lie it's going on drink and drugs'

He got suitably provided with plenty money from us and also a crate of beer the police hadn't let us drink on a train to Aberdeen as it was a dry train. The beggar gentleman was ecstatic.

Loved Prince.

• Upvote 1