What's the longest you've been aff the drink?

Poodler

When i was young and single, and working offshore id nearly always have 2 weeks off drink whilst away then be out 19 nights out of my 21 at home. Spent a small fortune but had a fuckin brilliant time.

Longest stint off it was when i started training with my PT (start of 2013) - didnt touch a drop from hogmanay until about June.

Nowadays i sometimes maybe go 3 or 4 weeks without a drink but am quite partial to a beer and a nip in the house at the weekend. And nights out i'm still a liability.

That's pretty much my story minus the PT.

When i moved into my first flat in King Street i was out Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday night and a Sunday afternoon with Monday and Tuesday off it. Like you i spent a fortune and wonder how i managed to live and pay a mortgage.

Like i mentioned above i can go days and weeks with out touching a drop, but can be a bit of a liability with the drink in, as evidenced in Puerto Banus a couple of weeks ago when i face planted and broke my glasses.

What is the definition of that? You could make it up the stairs?

Circa 7% body-fat. Running 10km in under 38 minutes and benching 1.5x my body weight.

I've fallen right away from that though. Was way too much effort. I'm happy with 15% body fat, 44 minute 10km's and benching around my bodyweight these days.

Went around 2 1/2 months in 2010 when preparing for the Loch Ness Marathon.  Wanted a good time, but instead got shin splints from training and went off the wagon big time the weekend before it.  

Did 6 weeks through April and early May pre birth of the daughter.  

Outside of that, rarely more than a week between drinks, and it would be a fortnight tops. 

Consumption has dwindled over recent years.  I get a lot worse hangovers than I used to.  Chicken and the egg scenario there, can't remember which came first...

Some well disciplined folk around here.

I keep lying to myself that I've got no responsibilities so it's acceptable to be drinking in Coopers at 8am.

I'll wise up if I have a kid, he says, having spent 8 ton on drugs this month already.

Need an intervention. Fars @@Dad

Probably drink more regularly these days than I have for a while. Used to get through a weekend with no alcohol no problem if I had nothing planned. These days I love buying some booze for sitting indoors.

On holiday the now and have actually just woken up after falling asleep on the balcony in full view of the evening diners after sinking a fair few today. Place was empty when I nodded off.

57-DC176-B-C437-4153-A3-CD-EFE78-E4-ECB8

Used to drink as excessively as possible all the time, would’ve put Bluto and his crew to shame on my own. Took a year off a few years ago because “Dry January” has to be the gayest idea ever. Only really got smashed a few times since, my stag weekend and a couple of visits to the UK and once here when I drank a bottle of tequila after not drinking for ages, messy. Didn’t drink once the missus got pregnant and she can’t drink still while breast feeding so I don’t bother now and don’t really miss it.

Some well disciplined folk around here.

I keep lying to myself that I've got no responsibilities so it's acceptable to be drinking in Coopers at 8am.

I'll wise up if I have a kid, he says, having spent 8 ton on drugs this month already.

Need an intervention. Fars @@Dad

Nothing to do with keeping fit or whatever for myself. Never been a fan of having one or two sitting in the house. Will usually only drink if I'm on a day sesh or night out. December is usually a drunken month.

Used to drink as excessively as possible all the time, would’ve put Bluto and his crew to shame on my own. Took a year off a few years ago because “Dry January” has to be the gayest idea ever. Only really got smashed a few times since, my stag weekend and a couple of visits to the UK and once here when I drank a bottle of tequila after not drinking for ages, messy. Didn’t drink once the missus got pregnant and she can’t drink still while breast feeding so I don’t bother now and don’t really miss it.

big drinker, huh?

• Upvote 1

big drinker, huh?

Nearly 22 months, me liver wasn't in the best of health(was told to stop months before but had to wait till end of season). 

On the wagon after this : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10804881/2006-remembered-The-food-poisoning-bug-that-cost-Tottenham-Hotspur-their-Champions-League-dream.html

Off the wagon before this : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7256729.stm