English Premier League

Watching some of this liverpool nonsense.

Thon scotch boy McBurnie is so bad I reckon McInnes could try sign him. 1 goal in 22, has missed two sitters this second half. 

Liverpool needing two massive deflections  to try and remain relevant. Thankfully they'll be back to obscurity this summer and souness can go back to supporting rangers

• Dildo 1

7 hours ago, Poodler said:

Watching some of this liverpool nonsense.

Thon scotch boy McBurnie is so bad I reckon McInnes could try sign him. 1 goal in 22, has missed two sitters this second half. 

Liverpool needing two massive deflections  to try and remain relevant. Thankfully they'll be back to obscurity this summer and souness can go back to supporting rangers

Think they bought him and the other boy Oliver Burke for about £25 million. 

Then some other Liverpool youngster for about £25 million. Two of them are getting kept out the team by a 33 year old journeyman. 

Makes you laugh when they say Scotland has Mickey Mouse league and they're proud of that carry on. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Or Atletico Madrid topping the Spanish La Liga ahead of the two huge Spanish clubs? 

Is this some sort of terrible analogy where you are somehow comparing Aberdeen with Leicester and Atletico Madrid? ?

Maybe Luis Suarez and James Maddison will sign for us next season ??‍♂️

Just now, Roberto said:

You have been a bit angry of late BHL.

Is something bothering you?

Just missing Del ?

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

Is this some sort of terrible analogy where you are somehow comparing Aberdeen with Leicester and Atletico Madrid? ?

Maybe Luis Suarez and James Maddison will sign for us next season ??‍♂️

Just missing Del ?

It's all relative lad.  Despite any spin you might put on it. 

You don't seem happy with West Ham having any ambition, same as you don't seem happy with Aberdeen fans having any ambition. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's all relative lad.  Despite any spin you might put on it. 

You don't seem happy with West Ham having any ambition, same as you don't seem happy with Aberdeen fans having any ambition. 

It’s not relative at all. To be relative we would have to sign some players that are deemed to be the best in the league, we can’t afford that and top players in their prime won’t come to Aberdeen. 

There’s a difference between ambition and delusion. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maddison wasn't one of the best players in the league whe Leicester signed him.  Vardy came from lower division football. 

Rice wasn't one of the best players in the league when he was in West Ham youth team. 

Maddison was recognised as a player with massive potential and cost Leicester £20million. He now earns an absolute fortune as does Vardy. Again Rice was identified as having potential and now earns a fortune at West Ham. Really don’t know what kind of point you are trying to make.

We had one of our best defenders in years (which isn’t saying much) come through the ranks and he left us to go to Nottingham Forest as they can pay huge sums in wages that we will never compete with. Our most prolific striker in years taken from us by fucking Birmingham.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Neale Cooper wasn't the best footballer in Aberdeen schools football. Him going professional was a surprise to those who knew him.

In 1983 he marked World Cup winner Paul Breitner out the game in the first leg Bayern away, his best game. He was 19.

The value of great management and getting the most out of employees is the key. I've recommended the book Overachievement by Doc Eliot before. In it he highlights the value of work ethic on top of the right mentality, qualities that McInnes and his equally poisonous sidekick never had and will never have. 

Oh look the 80’s ?

48 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Neale Cooper wasn't the best footballer in Aberdeen schools football. Him going professional was a surprise to those who knew him.

In 1983 he marked World Cup winner Paul Breitner out the game in the first leg Bayern away, his best game. He was 19.

The value of great management and getting the most out of employees is the key. I've recommended the book Overachievement by Doc Eliot before. In it he highlights the value of work ethic on top of the right mentality, qualities that McInnes and his equally poisonous sidekick never had and will never have. 

Exactly. 

46 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Maddison was recognised as a player with massive potential and cost Leicester £20million. He now earns an absolute fortune as does Vardy. Again Rice was identified as having potential and now earns a fortune at West Ham. Really don’t know what kind of point you are trying to make.

We had one of our best defenders in years (which isn’t saying much) come through the ranks and he left us to go to Nottingham Forest as they can pay huge sums in wages that we will never compete with. Our most prolific striker in years taken from us by fucking Birmingham.

Congratulations 

You're exactly the type of Aberdeen fan kris Boyd wants you to be 

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Don’t go in a strop because you are wrong ?

I honestly don’t care if you want to still think we are a big club like we were in the 80’s, just don’t get upset when called out on it. 

I wasn't wrong at all. 

Smaller clubs who get their coaching, recruitment and youth policies working properly can compete for short periods against the bigger clubs.  Get those things right consistently and you can have periods of success. And the money generated can help you hold on to one or two of your bigger players. 

For someone that bemoans Aberdeen's position in the pecking order I thought it was strange that you begrudged West Ham having any ambition.  Any time a smaller team competes with the big boys is a cause for celebration. 

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wasn't wrong at all. 

Smaller clubs who get their coaching, recruitment and youth policies working properly can compete for short periods against the bigger clubs.  Get those things right consistently and you can have periods of success. And the money generated can help you hold on to one or two of your bigger players. 

For someone that bemoans Aberdeen's position in the pecking order I thought it was strange that you begrudged West Ham having any ambition.  Any time a smaller team competes with the big boys is a cause for celebration. 

Excellent post. BHL is a strange fish. Constantly having a pop at anyone that thinks Aberdeen could be doing things better. 

To most of us it's clear that in the latter stages of McInnes' time here he was unambitious and believed 3rd and an odd Hampden appearance was our ceiling. A contrast from his time here up until the 2017 cup final. 

Whether him building a brilliant side, yet still being pipped by Celtic in every competition, then losing our best attacking player & our captain beat ambition and belief out of him, who knows? It certainly deserted him though and it very much has shown in our performances since. 

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wasn't wrong at all. 

Which is true of some leagues, not Scotland though. We can’t compete financially with teams in league one in England so I’d love to know what prize money we would get that would enable us to pay players 15 or 20 grand a week and stop them going to Derby County or Birmingham. This is not the 80’s anymore, money has totally fucked modern football.

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Excellent post. BHL is a strange fish. Constantly having a pop at anyone that thinks Aberdeen could be doing things better. 

To most of us it's clear that in the latter stages of McInnes' time here he was unambitious and believed 3rd and an odd Hampden appearance was our ceiling. A contrast from his time here up until the 2017 cup final. 

Whether him building a brilliant side, yet still being pipped by Celtic in every competition, then losing our best attacking player & our captain beat ambition and belief out of him, who knows? It certainly deserted him though and it very much has shown in our performances since. 

It shows the futility of it, most managers would be pretty downbeat if that happened. Celtic have players like Leigh Griffiths sitting on the bench while we are going through nine games with one goal or whatever it is. 

People seem to think I’m happy about it, I’m not. What can we do though? 

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Which is true of some leagues, not Scotland though. We can’t compete financially with teams in league one in England so I’d love to know what prize money we would get that would enable us to pay players 15 or 20 grand a week and stop them going to Derby County or Birmingham. This is not the 80’s anymore, money has totally fucked modern football.

It shows the futility of it, most managers would be pretty downbeat if that happened. Celtic have players like Leigh Griffiths sitting on the bench while we are going through nine games with one goal or whatever it is. 

People seem to think I’m happy about it, I’m not. What can we do though? 

I think you've given up.  And I get that, it's hard sometimes and no one is disputing that it's not a tough task. 

But every time we give you examples of how it could be approached you just shoot them down. 

You might have given up but most of the rest of us think that we could be doing things better to give us a better chance of competing. 

And it is all relative. Leicester have the 10th biggest wage bill in England. 

Atletico have to deal with two giants in Spain with wage bills three times what theirs is. 

But what these teams have in common is a good coaching set up, excellent scouting and productive youth systems. 

10 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I agree, to an extent, and I can accept that from fans. I'm sure we've all felt it at times. I can't accept it from those at the club though. They're in their position to do their very best and make AFC the very best we can be. If they don't believe in being the best, then step aside and let someone who'll have that mindset take over. 

Shoot for the stars. You might not get there but limiting your ambition will always limit your achievements  

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I think you've given up.  And I get that, it's hard sometimes and no one is disputing that it's not a tough task. 

But every time we give you examples of how it could be approached you just shoot them down. 

You might have given up but most of the rest of us think that we could be doing things better to give us a better chance of competing. 

And it is all relative. Leicester have the 10th biggest wage bill in England. 

Atletico have to deal with two giants in Spain with wage bills three times what theirs is. 

But what these teams have in common is a good coaching set up, excellent scouting and productive youth systems. 

Nobody gives any good examples though, just the “show ambition” pish and some vague notion about getting the right manager etc. It’s like all McInnes had to do was say we would win the league every week and it would happen just because “ambition”. 

Leicester have the 10th biggest wage bill in England but can still afford some of the best players in the league. The 10th biggest wage Bill in Scotland can’t do that. The English league is fucked with all the money. Athletico have to compete with two of the biggest clubs on the planet but can still sign world class matchwinners like Suarez. Scottish football is completely different, we all watched Scott Wright and Ryan Jack taken off us so easily by the huns, Hayes by Celtic. The old firm stranglehold has destroyed football in Scotland. I stand by my opinion that without serious cash injection we will be unlikely to compete for the league again. We are away to make Stephen Glass our manager ffs, that’s the market we are in.

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Nobody gives any good examples though, just the “show ambition” pish and some vague notion about getting the right manager etc. It’s like all McInnes had to do was say we would win the league every week and it would happen just because “ambition”. 

Leicester have the 10th biggest wage bill in England but can still afford some of the best players in the league. The 10th biggest wage Bill in Scotland can’t do that. The English league is fucked with all the money. Athletico have to compete with two of the biggest clubs on the planet but can still sign world class matchwinners like Suarez. Scottish football is completely different, we all watched Scott Wright and Ryan Jack taken off us so easily by the huns, Hayes by Celtic. The old firm stranglehold has destroyed football in Scotland. I stand by my opinion that without serious cash injection we will be unlikely to compete for the league again. We are away to make Stephen Glass our manager ffs, that’s the market we are in.

You're looking at it the wrong way. 

Leicester don't sign the best players in the league. They sign players who have the potential to be the best players in the league and develop them.  And they bring through excellent players like Barnes from their youth system.  And, most importantly, they improve the players they have through good coaching. 

They have to overcome exactly the same challenges in their league that we do in ours.  

And we're not just giving you the 'show ambition' line.  We're saying it's hard work and you have to get your coaching, scouting and youth development right. And all at the same time. 

Just now, Parklife said:

I agree, to an extent, and I can accept that from fans. I'm sure we've all felt it at times. I can't accept it from those at the club though. They're in their position to do their very best and make AFC the very best we can be. If they don't believe in being the best, then step aside and let someone who'll have that mindset take over. 

Shoot for the stars. You might not get there but limiting your ambition will always limit your achievements  

Or maybe those at the club that see everything inside out, finances etc see how bad it is? The true picture? None of us on this forum know what actually goes on at the club really.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're looking at it the wrong way. 

Leicester don't sign the best players in the league. They sign players who have the potential to be the best players in the league and develop them.  And they bring through excellent players like Barnes from their youth system.  And, most importantly, they improve the players they have through good coaching. 

They have to overcome exactly the same challenges in their league that we do in ours.  

And we're not just giving you the 'show ambition' line.  We're saying it's hard work and you have to get your coaching, scouting and youth development right. And all at the same time. 

They paid £20 million for Maddison, it wasn’t just “good scouting”. If we can afford coaches and scouts that can unearth great players then brilliant. We are about to make Stephen Glass our first team coach so that says to me we can’t really afford decent scouts/staff whatever. Any players we do improve end up at the old firm or some lower league team in England. It’s all about money.

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

They paid £20 million for Maddison, it wasn’t just “good scouting”. If we can afford coaches and scouts that can unearth great players then brilliant. We are about to make Stephen Glass our first team coach so that says to me we can’t really afford decent scouts/staff whatever. Any players we do improve end up at the old firm or some lower league team in England. It’s all about money.

It's all relative though. Manchester United and Manchester City are spending 60 million on full backs and centre backs, let alone attacking players.