Ush*ted Chairmans Intervention

What do y'all make of the USh*ted Chairman wading in with a public statement, following the pumping they got from Motherwell?

The fact that I am enjoying seeing USh*ted languishing at the foot of the table notwithstanding, I thought he essentially threw Mixu and the team under a bus and I wouldnt be pleased if I was a fan.

Perhaps chairmen should be able to say publicly if things (tactics / effort) need to be better, but I think this statement was totally counterproductive - it had nothing positive or encouraging, and only heaped pressure on the players by stating that they faced "losing their professional reputation" in addition to being relegated (so now they have two things to fret about).

Do you think he is trying to dissociate himself to ensure his own survival if they go down (which seems inevitable)?

More widely should chairmen make public comments at all, or "keep it in the family" as such?

I think that he is basically saying that he is taking his share of the blame (sales of the two players to Celtic, keeping McNamara over the summer) but also trying to keep fans backing Mixu. Think they made a horrific error there in giving Paatelainen a 3 year deal given their predicament as he has been an unmitigated disaster.

Ultimately, Mixu has brought in some "big name" expensive crocks who've not improved things, continually gets beaten and is taking them down. Fans are starting to get on his back. I think the statement is more aimed at getting off his back and getting on his or the players' back. Bizarre decision to do so, especially if Mixu hadn't supported it before.

They are a mess. It is quite funny.

At least he makes some kind of sense. When we had our bad spell under Milne (for a decade) most of his statements made no sense whatsoever.

Correct...Milne should never be allowed to make any club statements...was he not blabbing on about welcoming Sevco back earlier this season?...he's a country chiel with zero charisma who embarrasses the club anytime he speaks to the press.

Correct...Milne should never be allowed to make any club statements...was he not blabbing on about welcoming Sevco back earlier this season?...he's a country chiel with zero charisma who embarrasses the club anytime he speaks to the press.

It was difficult to know what his point was during that interview.

Not a comment you'll see on here often, but they should have signed Jimmy!

Re the chairmans statement you can see what he's trying to do but he's two months too late.

I personally enjoy the weegie press harking back to the Wanknamara cup winning glory days but completely ignoring the questionable transfer business in which Macnamara personally profited of their best players to Celtic just before a triple header with them.

They're fucked.

I don't particularly want to see United go down, much as I hate them from a footballing perspective.

Just as we're (hopefully) about to get one of the relevant teams back into the top flight in Hibs, plus (presumably) the appearance of the Tribute Act which is another fixture to look forward to, we're about to lose one of the other relevant teams, and with it one of the best away days of the season.

Assuming that they do indeed go down, as now seems a racing certainty, I hope they get back up as quickly as possible.

USh*ted is the joint worst patter in the world, shared with changing Goodwillie's name to BadCock or the likes.

A purveyor of the famous glesgy banter will not be lectured to, thank you.

FYI its Dungdee Ush*ted, to use the full term which I invented myself aged about 6.

And I thought Badcock was a reference to you?

Good point, I did consider that but - weighing it up against the possibility of the sight of tearful. relegated USh*ted fans (again) - I quickly got over the sense of loss :laughing::P

Most United fans I know have been resigned to their fate for quite some time. I doubt there'll be too many tears shed when the day finally comes.

I'm afraid my schadenfreude is completely overshadowed by the loss of one of Scotland's few decently-supported teams who aren't from Glasgow. Haste ye back, DABs.

A purveyor of the famous glesgy banter will not be lectured to, thank you.

FYI its Dungdee Ush*ted, to use the full term which I invented myself aged about 6.

And I thought Badcock was a reference to you?

Should be Dungpee Ush*ted.

Also fair enough for Thompson coming out and lambasting the players. £2.5 million for Armstrong and GMS is incredible business considering how shite they are. He should have canned Jackie before the season but having removed the rug from under him it's fair enough he was kept on

I quite enjoyed his interview immediately after the league cup win- see my signature for a reminder...

I quite enjoyed his interview immediately after the league cup win- see my signature for a reminder...

He also likes a black shirt......a weird thing to notice :/

I prefer Stewart Milne to Thompson by a country mile (punnery) Thompson always seems a sneaky cunt to me, his dad seemed decent. A theory by a mate, that the spoilt kids of a family that made their own money rather than having a long family tradition are usually idiots that fuck it up......might be true

He also likes a black shirt......a weird thing to notice :/

I prefer Stewart Milne to Thompson by a country mile (punnery) Thompson always seems a sneaky cunt to me, his dad seemed decent. A theory by a mate, that the spoilt kids of a family that made their own money rather than having a long family tradition are usually idiots that fuck it up......might be true

In fairness his sister is incredibly bright and has invested her money and education well. Stephen Thompson though is an absolute gobshite idiot who would have never gone anywhere in life if it wasn't for his fathers money and constant forgiveness.

• Upvote 1

In fairness his sister is incredibly bright and has invested her money and education well. Stephen Thompson though is an absolute gobshite idiot who would have never gone anywhere in life if it wasn't for his fathers money and constant forgiveness.

Yeah I saw an interview with his sister a wee while back, they were speaking about her husband being killed in a bike accident I think. She does come across well

Morning, Noon, and Shite.

Yes, punnery at its finest