Aberdeen V St Johnstone (4 - 0)

Are we coverting this one to match thread or starting another? Either way...,

Injured: Jack, Robertson

Suspended: Shaughnessey

I want to see the 4-2-3-1 that has served us well this season in the earlier stages of the season. Potential for any signings (non cup tied ones of course) to come straight into the starting XI - especially potential for Hector to sign and start. Would have had Jack at RB for this one but in his absence McInnes will go for Tate ahead of Clark and Murray:

Langfield

Tate Anderson Reynolds Considine

Flood Robson

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

subs: Weaver, Low, Vernon, Smith, Magennis

prediction: 1-0 cup-tie Considine with a header

Langfield

Tate Considine Reynolds Hayes

Flood Low

McGinn Pawlett Robson

Rooney

Subs - Weaver, Anderson, Smith, Vernon, Magennis

My reasoning behind Anderson being on the bench is two-fold.

1 - He's a booking away from a place in the final. Now, he's a great professional and leader but I don't want potentially missing the final hanging over his head. Hesitating for a tackle could be what distinguishes between victory and defeat.

2 - Playing four centre halves is brutal. If Reynolds plays left back we would have some sort of attacking threat from full-back. We'll get fuck all from Tate in that regard. Instead, play Hayes there and we can really go at them from the start, overlapping on their right-back MacKay. Hayes was decent there against County and United and coming from full-back there's more chance of getting in behind.

More nervous about this than I have been about anything else in my life for a long time. Looking back at previous years I always believed we would win the semis, a totally misplaced belief looking at this team and teams of the recent past.

I expect a tight game at a ground we are notoriously shite at and I don't like the 'favourite' tag one bit.

I don't feel nervous but to be fair I wasn't before QOS either. Theres no doubting St Johnstone for me are stronger than the teams we've lost to before, bar perhaps Dundee Utd. That Hibs one was harder to take than QOS for me. Every one of the 4 teams must be looking at this year as the year to win a cup, I don't think there's much between the sides.

Theres nothing between the four teams.

I'd prefer Cally in the final, hearts will take a big following as it will be there last cup final for some time, young players put in the extra yard if the fans are behind them.

I'd fear for us every winning anything again if we cant win this. Huge chance, perhaps the only cure for the last 10 years of pap.

I know some folk say it in jest but the difference may be folk like Clangers, he's going to be a nervous wreck come match day, he knows fans blame him for other cup calamities, hell, some of us even blame him for QOS and he wasn't even in goals.

Could work two ways, he turns in a goalkeeping masterclass talked about for years to come, or a Clangers GTF Part Two Thread on AFC chat.

I know some folk say it in jest but the difference may be folk like Clangers, he's going to be a nervous wreck come match day, he knows fans blame him for other cup calamities, hell, some of us even blame him for QOS and he wasn't even in goals.

Could work two ways, he turns in a goalkeeping masterclass talked about for years to come, or a Clangers GTF Part Two Thread on AFC chat.

Would be worse in that I imagine, protest sort of stuff I think.

• Site Sponsor

It won't be a masterclass. Reynolds may keep him out of jail.