Goodbye Zander

Langfield

Mulgrew Mair Diamond Foster

Aluko Severin Kerr Smith

Mackie Maguire

Nae exactly the worst starting XI we've ever had either.

Mulgrew at right back, Aluko right mid and Smith left mid? No wonder we lost min. :)

Loved Jamie Smith. A real shame he had such a torrid time with injuries. Probably the only reason we managed to get him anyway.

Mulgrew and Severin as centre halves.

Aluko would probably edge McLean.

I'd thought about posting to see opinion on Mulgrew, would we have him back as a centre half. Couldn't find my tin hat though.

Can certainly pass the ball from the back, something I think we sorely lack in the heart of the defence. I thought that was his best position when he was here.

The man is a cunt though.

Can certainly pass the ball from the back, something I think we sorely lack in the heart of the defence. I thought that was his best position when he was here.

Agreed. Also offered us his set piece speciality .

But yes, definitely a cunt.

Aluko the same, cunt of a beast but would still get in our XI

Agreed. Also offered us his set piece speciality .

But yes, definitely a cunt.

Aluko the same, cunt of a beast but would still get in our XI

Dunno if I can agree with Aluko. I think he looked better in an average team.We're much better now and although McGinn is also inconsistent, I'd rather have him than Aluko. Aluko is a player to give the crowd a lift when he can be arsed though.

I didn't even consider Mulgrew's set piece ability. Another positive for him.

One thing I will say. He didn't try a lick for us at the end of his time here, so much so that almost every Dons fan on here was happy to see him go. Plays out of his skin week in and week out for the Tims and my memory may be failing me here but I am sure he ended up players player of the season.

Mulgrew's set piece speciality is another Aberdeen FC myth. Probably about 1 attempt in 20 hit the target and 1 in 50 he scored from. Couple that with his distinct lack of giveafuckedness whilst here, and his girfuy when he scored at the beach end, I can't believe anyone would seriously welcome him back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mulgrew's set piece speciality is another Aberdeen FC myth. Probably about 1 attempt in 20 hit the target and 1 in 50 he scored from. Couple that with his distinct lack of giveafuckedness whilst here, and his girfuy when he scored at the beach end, I can't believe anyone would seriously welcome him back.

Spot on.

A vast improvement on our current 1/1000 free kicks that hit the target now though.

Wouldn't have Mulgrew back. Watching him for Scotland shows he's not the required standard and he's too much of a cunt. He caused so many problems off the pitch with his big time Charlie attitude.

Wouldn't welcome him back but he would still be an improvement on what we currently have and that was the question.

The man is a cunt but if he is better than what we have then I'd take him.

I remember the Dunfermline game well- probably the most negative crowd I've ever been in

I'm sure half the people there wanted us to lose just so they could get at Calderwood- i wanted him gone by then too but the attitude of lot of dons fans that night was disgusting

You also just knew we'd lose the penalty shootout

Diamond getting sent off at Tynecastle as we got pounded in the Scottish cup is my abiding memory of the cunt.

I was at that game. Definitely a foolish attempt by Plug, but the foul was a good bit out of the box yet Kenny Clark still awarded the pen. What a cunt

Mulgrew and Severin as centre halves.

Aluko would probably edge McLean.

Behave yourself Panda. McLean's off the ball movement is good. Also like his attitude. Aluko flattered to deceive on many occasions

Mulgrew at right back, Aluko right mid and Smith left mid? No wonder we lost min. :)

Loved Jamie Smith. A real shame he had such a torrid time with injuries. Probably the only reason we managed to get him anyway.

Yeah was a shame about Smith. Copenhagen game is a great memory to have of his time here.

I'd thought about posting to see opinion on Mulgrew, would we have him back as a centre half. Couldn't find my tin hat though.

Agreed, always said Mulgrew was never a LB. Oh and yes he is a cunt too

I got totally ripped for going mental at this reaction from him. Ok he maybe got stick (deservedly so imo), but players should take it on the chin and it was ill advised to do what he did

I was at that game. Definitely a foolish attempt by Plug, but the foul was a good bit out of the box yet Kenny Clark still awarded the pen. What a cunt

Behave yourself Panda. McLean's off the ball movement is good. Also like his attitude. Aluko flattered to deceive on many occasions

Yeah was a shame about Smith. Copenhagen game is a great memory to have of his time here.

Agreed, always said Mulgrew was never a LB. Oh and yes he is a cunt too

I got totally ripped for going mental at this reaction from him. Ok he maybe got stick (deservedly so imo), but players should take it on the chin and it was ill advised to do what he did

That's a bit hunnish Oddjob. If the boy is getting pelters for 90 minutes then we can hardly greet if he gives a bit back.

That's a bit hunnish Oddjob. If the boy is getting pelters for 90 minutes then we can hardly greet if he gives a bit back.

Thing is Bobo I don't think he got it that bad that day either. Definitely not compared to a lot of other players i.e Novo, Brown so was actually a surprising reaction from him. Believe me I'm not a mock outrager by any means, in fact the Kris Boyd one a few seasons or so back was funny as fuck. End of the day as you said he's a solid enough player if played in right position but I think his heart wasn't quite in it for us sadly as much as it is for that lot

Mulgrew must have went on to become one of the most successful players to ever leave the club and counting. Can't think of many more who has won more trophies since leaving the club.

Robbie Winters has won 8 and counting since leaving. Most recently the Evening Times Champions' Cup with the mighty Pollok.