Pubs To Avoid

Guest milne_afc

Last time i heard they were banning people left, right and centre.

This still the case?

Well I've been drinking there for 6/7 years but have now been banned for life. Long story short myself, my Dad and my neighbour tried to help the barman who was struggling to remove 6 youths with masks and hoods up who had came in at closing time looking for another guy. Fight broke out managed to get the guys out and the doors locked, go in the next day for a quiet pint and possibly a thanks for stopping me getting a hiding.....no no no banned for life.

Well bearing in mind your location says Hilton i assume you frequent one of the other pubs nearby then?

I live across the road from Murdos but very rarely go in there even though it is my local

I live on Long walk road. If I go out for a pint on a Sunday now it's to the Croft. Other than that I'll head into town for a beer. Girlfriend still goes there for her darts on a Tuesday but the bar is being run into the ground by the manager from Blackpool. He's a total bell end so many stories about things he's done to regular customers.

Well I've been drinking there for 6/7 years but have now been banned for life. Long story short myself, my Dad and my neighbour tried to help the barman who was struggling to remove 6 youths with masks and hoods up who had came in at closing time looking for another guy. Fight broke out managed to get the guys out and the doors locked, go in the next day for a quiet pint and possibly a thanks for stopping me getting a hiding.....no no no banned for life.

I live on Long walk road. If I go out for a pint on a Sunday now it's to the Croft. Other than that I'll head into town for a beer. Girlfriend still goes there for her darts on a Tuesday but the bar is being run into the ground by the manager from Blackpool. He's a total bell end so many stories about things he's done to regular customers.

I heard about that story from one of my school mates who used to work with me, his missus was punched by one of that scumbags too. You must know him then if you're a regular? In fact maybe i know you then, did you go to St Machar by any chance?

I heard about that story from one of my school mates who used to work with me, his missus was punched by one of that scumbags too. You must know him then if you're a regular? In fact maybe i know you then, did you go to St Machar by any chance?

Your school mate "MW" by any chance? My next door neighbour and one of my best mates. That's who I'm referring to as my mate who was with me and my Dad. His missus got smacked and was taken to hospital, was pretty mental.

I went to Grammar though.

Your school mate "MW" by any chance? My next door neighbour and one of my best mates. That's who I'm referring to as my mate who was with me and my Dad. His missus got smacked and was taken to hospital, was pretty mental.

I went to Grammar though.

Aye that's who i was on about. He told me about the carry on and i'll tell you something those "so called hard guys" clearly had no idea who they were dealing with by smacking his missus as he's nae exactly the slowest of guys when it comes to these situations like ;) But he's a good lad though :thumbup1:

Aye that's who i was on about. He told me about the carry on and i'll tell you something those "so called hard guys" clearly had no idea who they were dealing with by smacking his missus as he's nae exactly the slowest of guys when it comes to these situations like ;) But he's a good lad though :thumbup1:

Yeah he's a top guy like. He was wired right in and went nuts when his missus was hurt. He won't let it slip either not the sort of guy I would want after me. Moved in to my house next door to him almost 3 years ago and have been best of mates ever since. Used to enjoy a couple beer over there with him but the manager is treating the regulars like shit and the bar is quickly going downhill.

Unfortunatley had to go to most of them in my time playing darts in the toon.

My old pub the royals had to be the biggest dump ever, closely followed by the east neuk, lord byron was too bad but full of nutters.

Worst for both nutters and general minkyness the 524 on george street shambles of a pub.

Unfortunatley had to go to most of them in my time playing darts in the toon.

My old pub the royals had to be the biggest dump ever, closely followed by the east neuk, lord byron was too bad but full of nutters.

Worst for both nutters and general minkyness the 524 on george street shambles of a pub.

once ended up in there on a week night. came out completely pissed with a free fresh haddock

:laughing::laughing:

I remember being told this story by a mutual friend.

I'm pretty sure I saw you that night also, but I could be wrong.

aye me an DC went in there on the way to his old flat on George street and I think we did see you in the hogs head. Was it not the night we played Panathinikos away from home???

I'm sure hopeisimportant was there with you.

I've got a mates leaving night in the Parkway tomorrow evening. He's going to Oz.

They sell Newcastle Brown which will do for me.

I saw a bit in the paper about Murdo's the other day, testing for cocaine or something like that.

I never read it, just saw Murdo's popping up.

I've been in once, I didn't like it - I probably won't go back.

Aye they're testing folk at the door for drugs lol.

Used to be a great little pub full of locals and a good laugh, food was actually ok too. I heard a story the other week that the manager put on Star Trek movie and refused to change it to Spanaish football because he was "watching it". Pretty sure you should be working not watching Star Trek.

Also the manager is shagging the gay barman (no joke he actually is) :gay:

pubs i do not like 1 bit.

illicit still

the old nile

filling station

justice mill

Tremendous city centre pub.

Awful pub - the Prince of Wales. Was my Mrs' "local" when I first met her, even though she was from Mastrick, the idea of what constituted a "local" seemed out of her grasp. Well not seemed, absolutely and completely out of her grasp really. In fact the only thing she could grasp was the price of a bottle of wine, and the end of a fag. Anyway, I digress; she raved about the place, so we went there one night, a let down would be an understatement, what a stinky shite of a place, still the same today, full of pretentious wanks, and stinks tae fuck. Of course her actual local was the Grays Inn, least said about that rathole the better as well.

Awful pub - the Prince of Wales. Was my Mrs' "local" when I first met her, even though she was from Mastrick, the idea of what constituted a "local" seemed out of her grasp. Well not seemed, absolutely and completely out of her grasp really. In fact the only thing she could grasp was the price of a bottle of wine, and the end of a fag. Anyway, I digress; she raved about the place, so we went there one night, a let down would be an understatement, what a stinky shite of a place, still the same today, full of pretentious wanks, and stinks tae fuck. Of course her actual local was the Grays Inn, least said about that rathole the better as well.

You are not a bitter atall.

As for a local, the white cockade is mine but I'm not there alot, probably in other pubs more often, so i'd class them as my proper local.

Tremendous city centre pub

Agreed. Not sure why diamondsr4ever included that in his 'pubs to avoid' list.

It used to be a famous old bar going by the name of 'The Bond Bar' many years ago. It reopened about 17 years ago as the Bond Bar but soon became the Illicit Still.

The food used to be amazing in there (for a pub). It's not as good these days but still gets pass marks compared with most pubs.

The only reason I can think of why it was included in his hate list is because of the clientele. It's not my favourite pub by any means, not even a pub I frequent on a regular basis but it's definitely not a pub I would avoid for any particular reason.

Illicit Still is a crackin pub, bit pricey, nae bad food (I mind one World Cup, they had a promotion far if ye bought 4 bottles ye got some finger food like haggis wontons, chicken skewers and tattie wedges), but the very best bit about it has got to be the fact that if ye get caught short when your that side o the toon, ye can dive doon the stairs for the bogs WITHOUT having to cut through the bar, saving the walk of shame and/or a guilt-tripped pint. Like mini, I'd call the Cockade my local, it's a decent boozer, can be quiet at times, however it's superior to the Rat Cellar doon at the bottom o Menzies Road, even though it's recently been done up, it's still an absolute shitehole.

What happened when you were in Mastrick that has made you hold such a hatred for the place, were you inappropriately touched? :P It's not that bad...

As for the Grays Inn, where else can you find quality entertainment such at this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89ryu309eI

I passed Murdos today driving home from work, hadn't noticed it before. But to me it looks like those pubs you see in the news in Glasgow where there's been a gang land shooting. Grim is an understatement.

Fucking hell MDAL it's nae like something out of Taggart :laughing:

You obviously must drive home a different way from work normally then if that's the 1st time you've seen the place as you can hardly miss it tbh?