Aberdeen V Hamilton

Alternatively...came on when we were coasting it 3-0 with 25 minutes to score against a below par Hamilton fucking Academical...and still he couldn’t...he’s a fucking dud.

Not going to argue that he's failed to 'explode' as Craigie Broon might say, but he's really not a bad player. I'd be tempted to play him behind a front man, since his actual ability on the ball is pretty good. He'd make a decent attacking mid if the pressure to score was off him and on someone else. 

Aye not bad.

You are replying to a poster though that repeated the same stat 3 times last game and then again today. Every other post is on Stevie May ana. Bit obsessed.

Can understand a lot of people being fatigued at the time May has had, but there's mitigating reasons he's not scoring, and none of those reasons are that he's shite. 

He's a fuck sight better than the likes of Mackie... someone we persevered with for 10 years. 

Jesus... do you remember that? 

Anyway. I'm less confident he'll score 10 league goals now.

May, not Mackie. 

Anyway, I was surprised May came on for GMS... Made sense to replace GMS, but I figured Stockgrove would have got the nod way ahead of May.  Far better equipped to deal with the pushing, hacking cunts of Hamilton than May. 

Can understand a lot of people being fatigued at the time May has had, but there's mitigating reasons he's not scoring, and none of those reasons are that he's shite.

A lack of quality into the box has meant nobody in the striker position has really been scoring. Crossing tonight was not great to say the least but if we stick to 25 yarders, we will soon be back up the league.

Crap game in the cold, two bottom 6 clubs slogging it out, good 3 points but we're going nowhere.

To add to my misery someone told me Thains have a stall in the RDS, is that true?? I'm south dealing with coloured non english speaking folks at a hatch.

thains been in rds for donkeys now

tonight was first time ive seen a mackies stall - i didnt see any ice cream or dnipro strikers but crisps/chocs on the go

Great to be at the match today... was probably the most excited person in the stadium!  Had about 5 layers on, so wasn't too cold.

Was a poor match though... Hamilton were shocking.  Offered absolutely nothing. I thought they'd fancy it tonight, given that we were coming off a tough match, just a few days ago.  We played basically the same team as at the weekend and they didn't have to break sweat.  

A couple of good strikes for the goals and one howler from the goalkeeper.  Wilsons finish was superb and he had a few brilliant touches.  Hopefully he can stay fit as I think there is more to come..

We look very solid with Shinnie and Ferguson playing in front of McKenna and Devlin, but did we really need both of them playing so deep?  I think Scott Wright was the intended link man, but he was poor I thought - needed to do much more against a very poor opponent - and a result I thought Wilson was quite isolated again.

Can't really complain too much though - was basically a non-event.  The players didn't need to extend themselves and we played well within ourselves.  Was hoping we'd have more of a crack - but tonight was just about getting through the fixture with 3 points.

Other positives - McGinn looked a bit more lively, when he tucked in centrally.  Can we give him a shot at number 10?  Max Lowe is a player - hopefully gets extended beyond Christmas.

Just watched the game on delay on RedTV..not too bad, but far from where we need to be. Great goal from Wilson, but he really does not fit in  with the way McInnes sets up his teams..why did he even get him on loan?

Shinnies goal was miraculous because every other time he shoots its down the Merkland Road or hits the corner flag.

Devlins goal..bizarre..although looking at it a few tmes i think it took a deflection off the back of an Accies player..wrong footed the GK.

So hoping May could come onto a game..but its troubling when he came on he seemed to avoid the opponents box..all together?

Yeah, so bizarrely:

v bottom 4 - won 4

v top 3 - lost 3

v other 3 - drawn 3

Weird as fuck.

Or just shite?

I think it highlights that against the better sides, we lack the quality No10 to link the midfield and attack. Frustrating that we had Stewart under our noses, but whether it was player or management, we didn't see the player at his peak physically or in his performances. The No10 position, for me, is the position to fill in January but finding one that McInnes will use properly will be the challenge!

• Upvote 2

I think it highlights that against the better sides, we lack the quality No10 to link the midfield and attack. Frustrating that we had Stewart under our noses, but whether it was player or management, we didn't see the player at his peak physically or in his performances. The No10 position, for me, is the position to fill in January but finding one that McInnes will use properly will be the challenge!

Good shout.

Perhaps also McInnes mindset and approach to these games can be viewed as a factor to those curious stats.

A handful of minutes, a packed Hamilton defence, and he actually twice got into good positions, one fluffed shot after doing really well to bring the ball down in the first place,  and one decent effort squeezing between two defenders forcing the save. 

Thought he did fine. 

Thought May did ok too. Slowly improving, though that wouldn't take much I suppose.

Lowe has some engine on him. He did a power of work all over the pitch. Shame he'll be gone soon.

Don't think Scott Wright is the answer, he's trying really hard but just doesn't seem to have the game for it.

Thought May did ok too. Slowly improving, though that wouldn't take much I suppose.

Lowe has some engine on him. He did a power of work all over the pitch. Shame he'll be gone soon.

One thing worth noting on Lowe. He can only play for Derby or Aberdeen this season so I'd say there is more than a fair chance the loan will be extended - if we want it to be.

* Why the fuck would we not want it to be? Well Hoban and Reynolds should return by end of transfer window so maybe DM might prioritise other positions

Somebody made the comment about Ferguson and “Barry-like” sideways passes. If that’s the case that’s Gleeson surplus to requirements too.

Yeah, that was me on his thread, he played a lot deeper last night, I am assuming to try and get our fullbacks out wider and higher....but it did result in him having a lot of passes but not many of them were in a forward direction.

We were decent, Hamilton were horrific.

Easy 3 points.

2 points closer to huns, hearts, hibs n killi.

All in all............pleasing.

Steady improvement after a slow start

Killie are very beatable.

Hibs is a big game for us.

A win at home against Celtic will be critical / pivotal.

Hearts will drop points.

After the next 3 games I reckon there will be about 9 points between the top 6 and we'll be in that mix.

Just watched the game on delay on RedTV..not too bad, but far from where we need to be. Great goal from Wilson, but he really does not fit in with the way McInnes sets up his teams..why did he even get him on loan?

Shinnies goal was miraculous because every other time he shoots its down the Merkland Road or hits the corner flag.

Devlins goal..bizarre..although looking at it a few tmes i think it took a deflection off the back of an Accies player..wrong footed the GK.

So hoping May could come onto a game..but its troubling when he came on he seemed to avoid the opponents box..all together?

May looked like he was playing a lot deeper when he came on... I didn’t think he did too badly to be fair. Should have done better with the one chance he did get....