Ryan Edmondson

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Devlins injury was leaked on the various Aberdeen messageboards almost immediately... was at least a week or so before it was confirmed by McInnes.

A number of recent signings and transfer activity has been leaked too... last 12 months or so, a lot more information making its way into the public domain before being formally announced by club.  McInnes never used to let anything get out...

Folk seen him leaving the hospital and Aberdeen didn't announce the injury until a scan was done and a conclusive diagnosis on the extent of the injury. Devlin was injured in a friendly match and McInnes mentioned it in his post match interview so it wasn't leaked. Don't understand a lot of folk saying we need to look at our training etc, most our long term injuries have occurred in matches with the exception of Scott Wright and now Edmondson. Can happen to any club as you seen with Katic at the huns out for the season. Our injury record however is horrific for last couple of seasons but I genuinely think it is just bad luck, Hearts were the same as well. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

Folk seen him leaving the hospital and Aberdeen didn't announce the injury until a scan was done and a conclusive diagnosis on the extent of the injury. Devlin was injured in a friendly match and McInnes mentioned it in his post match interview so it wasn't leaked. Don't understand a lot of folk saying we need to look at our training etc, most our long term injuries have occurred in matches with the exception of Scott Wright and now Edmondson. Can happen to any club as you seen with Katic at the huns out for the season. Our injury record however is horrific for last couple of seasons but I genuinely think it is just bad luck, Hearts were the same as well. 

Seems like a lot of common sense being shown in this post, away with you .

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah but the 10 days presumably assumes that they are clear of the virus. 

They might still have it. 

Its not 10 days from a negative test, its 10 days from a positive test. They test positive they go into isolation for 10 days. THeir close contacts who have tested negative go into isolation for 14 days. It's been pretty standard guidance since the start of this, 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

And we all know how that ended up....

13 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Its not 10 days from a negative test, its 10 days from a positive test. They test positive they go into isolation for 10 days. THeir close contacts who have tested negative go into isolation for 14 days. It's been pretty standard guidance since the start of this, 

What I meant was that there is a possibility that they get tested again and still have the virus. 

12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

What I meant was that there is a possibility that they get tested again and still have the virus. 

Well yeah if they take another test and tested positive again then the 10 day cycle starts again. But from evidence thus far, generally the virus is gone within that time period hence the isolation period being shorter. 

34 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Well yeah if they take another test and tested positive again then the 10 day cycle starts again. But from evidence thus far, generally the virus is gone within that time period hence the isolation period being shorter. 

I think the First Positive can return to training Sunday pending a negative test but I am sure the 2nd positive only came to light a couple of days later so he would be Tuesday and the self isolators will be Wednesday. All should be available for Thursday if we are allowed to play by then

57 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Bruce Anderson must be kicking himself. 

Main injured

Cosgrove injured

The guy brought into replace cosgrove injured. 

Massive opportunity for him to get a run of games, but instead he's sitting at home because he and his team mates had to go out on the lash. 

If rumours are true Bruce won't be considered for a long time.

15 hours ago, daytripping said:

Did we have another over paid English player...sure North England waster on the bench when we played Arbroath in the cup at their place? It's not really a question as it did happen, me and my mates squared up to a few being held back scarfers over it, was behind the goal on the terrace. Not the cup game years before that when there was trouble. Think it might have been the day police took peoples phone batteries, fucking freezing and snowing anyway, was in a bar before game end. Maybe not Hignett, can't recall, overpaid prick though, I informed him.

You’re hard m8

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Bruce Anderson must be kicking himself. 

Main injured

Cosgrove injured

The guy brought into replace cosgrove injured. 

Massive opportunity for him to get a run of games, but instead he's sitting at home because he and his team mates had to go out on the lash. 

Kicking himself? The thick cunt still probably doesn’t understand what he’s done wrong. 

6 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Fleetwood turned down well over a million from Middlesborough for Wes Burns last season so seems to have done not bad for someone with pace and little else.

Just shows how overhyped and pish English fitba is. 

Wes Burns - LOL

Guest milne_afc

Big lumbering oaves always struggle on the artificial surfaces. Can't see a McInnes team flourishing at Cormack Park(lol). 

Place is a donkey sanctuary. 

44 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Niall McGinn is the man who can solve the striker crisis at Aberdeen, says former Pittodrie centre forward Frank McDougall.

He may be correct.

I remember Frank scoring 4 goals against Celtic.

It's despicable that we were able to clone a sheep about 30 years ago and we havent been able to clone Willie Miller and Frank McDougall yet

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Niall McGinn is the man who can solve the striker crisis at Aberdeen, says former Pittodrie centre forward Frank McDougall.

He may be correct.

I remember Frank scoring 4 goals against Celtic.

If anything it sounds like Frank is the man to solve the striker crisis

Loved a 7am pint in the Crit before an away day train poured by Frank back in the day. That man certainly hates the huns

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If anything it sounds like Frank is the man to solve the striker crisis

Loved a 7am pint in the Crit before an away day train poured by Frank back in the day. That man certainly hates the huns

Aye. Absolute tragedy for th Crit to be replaced by a shitey fucking Tesco or whatever the fuck it is.

Another piece of genuine Aberdeen heritage pished doon the drain.

McDougall the best striker ever to play for the Dons.
Well, best I've seen anyway.

A goal scoring machine.

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye. Absolute tragedy for th Crit to be replaced by a shitey fucking Tesco or whatever the fuck it is.

A goal scoring machine.

Aye a few pints in the Crit before getting the train to a game is a well missed ritual. Agree I didn't see too much of Harper just the tail end, but Macdougall was a superb striker.I read a story lately where Macdougall went on a tour of Manchester United training ground and Fergie recognised him and took a couple of Man.Utd strikers over with him and said to them come and meet a proper striker cant remember the 2 but it shows Fergie recognised the class. I also remember Fergie saying he was the Best Buy he ever made

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

A goal scoring machine.

Best out and out goalscorer I'd agree. But best striker....no can't buy that. Had McDougall been in the CWC Final in the position Magoo found himself in extra time....I'm not sure he would have skipped past the Real defender never mind Hewitt receiving the cross he did.

(I'm not saying Magoo is the best striker we have had either btw)

18 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye the Crit closing wis a sad day.

Frank was a brilliant striker,but I'm afraid only 2nd to King Joey,and Big Duncan nae far behind.

Christ we've had some good strikers at Pittodrie.

Stevie Archibald gets overlooked too easily, in my opinion. Terrific striker for AFC and beyond 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1