New Stadium Approved

I've clarified with my local boozer owner that away fans are not welcome.

2 minute walk to the boozer, 15 minute walk to the stadium.

Selfishly happy but I BELIEVE (gut feeling) the new stadium will die on its arse in terms of attracting fans.

No basis regarding a gut feeling but hey ho. I'll worry about that when it happens.

The Key West perhaps ? Shit boozer with a Tim owner . Broadstraik for me ,where i'll be persuading them to run courtesy buses back and forth

Selfishly happy but I BELIEVE (gut feeling) the new stadium will die on its arse in terms of attracting fans.

No basis regarding a gut feeling but hey ho. I'll worry about that when it happens.

They all for it, Aye?

Good money spinner for them....

I ken a few gadgies that drink in there that used to be regulars in the broady. Returned to the 4 mile when it reopened

It's walkable on fine days but when its inclement which lets face it , most of the time a wee courtesy bus to drop you off will be just dandy , more drinking time too.

Same can be said for the broady, think it might be a slightly shorter walk.

My mate owns the Red Star and he's rubbing his hands at the prospect , decent sized car park there too for busses etc

Saw it mentioned elsewhere - not sure if it was a suggestion or the Westhill hotel were actually considering it, but outwith wedding season that big function room, complete with its own bar, is sitting empty on Saturday afternoons.

Dunno how much it holds exactly but must be able to get at least 300 in there on a match day I would think. The Westhill for Kingsford meeting had 225 and that was all seats. Room for a band too. Noise shouldn't be an issue considering there's 18th/21st birthday parties and weddings most weekends, and they go on until midnight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Saw it mentioned elsewhere - not sure if it was a suggestion or the Westhill hotel were actually considering it, but outwith wedding season that big function room, complete with its own bar, is sitting empty on Saturday afternoons.

Dunno how much it holds exactly but must be able to get at least 300 in there on a match day I would think. The Westhill for Kingsford meeting had 225 and that was all seats. Room for a band too. Noise shouldn't be an issue considering there's 18th/21st birthday parties and weddings most weekends, and they go on until midnight.

Good shout that , its got its own entrance at the back as well

Yup, as I said I don't think it will be any of this 8k shit but I'm certain it will be a total flop for the money spent, entirely due to location and fucking park and ride nonsense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yup, as I said I don't think it will be any of this 8k shit but I'm certain it will be a total flop for the money spent, entirely due to location and fucking park and ride nonsense.

In what way will it be a flop then if crowds aren't going to fall?

Anything around 10k-12K is normal levels. The current average at Pittodrie is higher than normal due to record season ticket sales which will be very hard to repeat should we finish any lower than second this season or fail to reach the cup final - due to a wee bit of apathy towards McInnes and the fear the Old Firm are about to re-instate the status quo. If that is the average at Kingsford, then crowds are simply the same as they've always been.

The stadium will likely make more money than Pittodrie does, and the training facilities and youth set-up will likely still be seen as a success.

The only way I could see the stadium being seen as a flop is due to three things:-

1. Crowds dropping to 8,000 (which you've already said is unlikely)
  2. The club failing to sell the stadium out even for big games like they can at Pittodrie
  3. The club not making anywhere near what they expect from the stadium Monday to Friday

You could possibly add a fourth in that fans hate the new stadium (design, atmosphere, travel, pre-match, etc) but that would likely fall into the first two categories, because if they hate the stadium but go anyway then it's not a flop.

So which one is it you're predicting?

In what way will it be a flop then if crowds aren't going to fall?

Anything around 10k-12K is normal levels. The current average at Pittodrie is higher than normal due to record season ticket sales which will be very hard to repeat should we finish any lower than second this season or fail to reach the cup final - due to a wee bit of apathy towards McInnes and the fear the Old Firm are about to re-instate the status quo. If that is the average at Kingsford, then crowds are simply the same as they've always been.

The stadium will likely make more money than Pittodrie does, and the training facilities and youth set-up will likely still be seen as a success.

The only way I could see the stadium being seen as a flop is due to three things:-

• Crowds dropping to 8,000 (which you've already said is unlikely)
  • The club failing to sell the stadium out even for big games like they can at Pittodrie
  • The club not making anywhere near what they expect from the stadium Monday to Friday
You could possibly add a fourth in that fans hate the new stadium (design, atmosphere, travel, pre-match, etc) but that would likely fall into the first two categories, because if they hate the stadium but go anyway then it's not a flop.

So which one is it you're predicting?

The second een.

And would you not say, getting 12-13k at a new £40...m stadium would be a total flop?

How is profit going up anyway? Are people going to spend more at the ground directly into AFC's coffers? Do they want, and have the money, to (buy more overpriced disgusting stadium food)?

• Downvote 2

The second een.

Is Pittodrie a flop then since the crowd was 17,000 on Sunday?

And would you not say, getting 12-13k at a new £40...m stadium would be a total flop?

In the first season, yeh. But even the dissenters are predicting it'll be much more than that.

Five years after building the stadium, if crowds are 12,000-13,000 then all predictions that crowds would go down, fans will drift away, etc etc have been proved wrong.

How is profit going up anyway? Are people going to spend more at the ground directly into AFC's coffers? Do they want, and have the money, to (buy more overpriced disgusting stadium food)?

They'll make far more from corporate, and probably during the week too.

They'll have community facilities they'll be renting out.

They'll have a supoorters bar, red cafe and museum all generating money every day of the week.

They'll likely be hosting a few concerts, and rugby internationals.

And they won't be shelling out £700k on maintenance costs.

Five years after building the stadium, if crowds are 12,000-13,000 then all predictions that crowds would go down, fans will drift away, etc etc have been proved wrong.

I only don't think they'll go down because apparently there are thousands waiting to take over, according to the shire dwellers

They'll make far more from corporate, and probably during the week too.

They'll have community facilities they'll be renting out.

They'll have a supoorters bar, red cafe and museum all generating money every day of the week.

They'll likely be hosting a few concerts, and rugby internationals.

And they won't be shelling out £700k on maintenance costs.

Fa on earth is using the supporters bar or red cafe every day of the week or any non matchday?

How much is a one time use like a museum, 6 miles out the city, making?

How much does the maintenance cost for a 25 hectare stadium and training ground? Plus subsidies and costs for fans (and if not then lower crowds) and probably locals

Concerts at a place with no proper infrastructure instead of the new AECC :hysterical:

• Downvote 5

I only don't think they'll go down because apparently there are thousands waiting to take over, according to the shire dwellers

The notion of 8k crowds is "shit", but that's what you not-so-secretly believe anyway ?

Fa on earth is using the supporters bar or red cafe every day of the week or any non match day?

People use bars and cafes every day of the week. They don't have to be football fans to go either.

And considering the stadium and community facilities will be in use every day well into the evening, it's likely they'll be getting used. Especially if a parent is waiting an hour for their kid to finish football training.

How much is a one time use like a museum, 6 miles out the city, making?

I dunno, but as someone who makes a habit of visiting football stadiums and their museums on the majority of my trips, I don't think I've ever been in an empty one. And that includes Hearts, who have a very small, but popular, museum.

George Yule told me himself that they want visitors coming to the stadium, doing the tour, visiting the museum and getting a bite to eat. If you reply to this saying "aye but they won't get a bus six miles out" then you have clearly never been a tourist or stayed in a hotel and seen the hundreds of day trips offered.

How much does the maintenance cost for a 25 hectare stadium and training ground? Plus subsidies and costs for fans (and if not then lower crowds) and probably locals

Less than £700k a year.

Concerts at a place with no proper infrastructure instead of the new AECC :hysterical:

Glasgow has the Hydro and the SECC, yet Hampden still hosts concerts.

according to the shire dwellers

It's not middle earth you cunt.

This sums up a whole swathe of the entitled element in our support. 'the shire dwellers' as you put it, make more effort, spend more money to attend the games than the 'toonser' does. 6 Miles is fuck all compared to Fraserburgh, MacDuff, Mintlaw, even Inverurie and Ellon. Yet you see these fans as somehow less.

Prick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Fa on earth is using the supporters bar or red cafe every day of the week or any non matchday?

The cafe will be surrounded by two big residential areas and various business parks housing several offices. These people eat during the week also. Depending on how they market it they could probably be busy every lunch time.The wee church's cafe out the back of Elrick is mobbed for a few hours each day and you've got to drive to get to that.

• Upvote 2

A lot of people seem to be basing the success/failure of the stadium based on whether or not they can get a pint before the match. Newsflash, most people probably don't get pished before or after the match. I'm sure the folk who want to have a drink will still manage to sort something out. Its only kingswells ffs.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

The cafe will be surrounded by two big residential areas and various business parks housing several offices. These people eat during the week also. Depending on how they market it they could probably be busy every lunch time.The wee church's cafe out the back of Elrick is mobbed for a few hours each day and you've got to drive to get to that.

Could do well if they get an alcohol licence and 2 mins from my door :karl:

I think what we've established from the 37 pages of this thread so far, is that it's going to be a total fucking pain in the arse for ABZ RED to get to the stadium compared to his current arrangement, he's dead against it, and so on the basis he thinks the world revolves around him alone, the stadium will definitely fail.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
Guest RosemountRed

Shouldn't there have been a decision by the Scottish Government by now?

Wasn't it four weeks after the council decision was the guideline?

In all articles I've read they all say the club wish to move in for the beginning of the 2020/21 season.

As Brian Potter said.... "I want to moonwalk son, but life is a shithouse".

It's not middle earth you cunt.

This sums up a whole swathe of the entitled element in our support. 'the shire dwellers' as you put it, make more effort, spend more money to attend the games than the 'toonser' does. 6 Miles is fuck all compared to Fraserburgh, MacDuff, Mintlaw, even Inverurie and Ellon. Yet you see these fans as somehow less.

Prick

All got sides non?

Support them or be happy to be inferior.

Aberdeen FC.

:)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Guest RosemountRed

They have until 8th March to call it in

Ok thanks for clarifying, looking very unlikely that it'll get called in then.

A lot of people seem to be basing the success/failure of the stadium based on whether or not they can get a pint before the match. Newsflash, most people probably don't get pished before or after the match. I'm sure the folk who want to have a drink will still manage to sort something out. Its only kingswells ffs.

Wait ... What?

Isn't the location entirely to be based on walk up for pisshead and lazy fat bastards?

I thought that WAS the entire Dons demographic.

• Downvote 1