Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Kevin Bridges.

Law of diminishing returns in effect here IMO. Seen him three times, first was excellent, second less brilliant but still very good and this time first half was not bad but as it went on I started to tune out. Only done 70-75 minutes as well so a bit short on quantity for a top price show. 6.7/10

Warm Up.

Suzie McCabe. Only caught last five minutes. She got a few laughs from the hall but not exactly a unanimous endorsement. 

Karl Spain. Did 15 min set and got the place going. Really good set.

Aww and there was a punch up between three guys half a dozen seats away from myself which was amusing enough to watch during Bridges set. 

12 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Kevin Bridges.

Law of diminishing returns in effect here IMO. Seen him three times, first was excellent, second less brilliant but still very good and this time first half was not bad but as it went on I started to tune out. Only done 70-75 minutes as well so a bit short on quantity for a top price show. 6.7/10

Warm Up.

Suzie McCabe. Only caught last five minutes. She got a few laughs from the hall but not exactly a unanimous endorsement. 

Karl Spain. Did 15 min set and got the place going. Really good set.

Aww and there was a punch up between three guys half a dozen seats away from myself which was amusing enough to watch during Bridges set. 

Imagine what his crowd will be like tomorrow night after a Glasgow derby earlier in the day. Got to be a good chance of carnage at that. 

58 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Imagine what his crowd will be like tomorrow night after a Glasgow derby earlier in the day. Got to be a good chance of carnage at that. 

Some prick shouted out on that. Shouts "what about Saturday?" Bridges didn't bite, just gave it what about Saturday? Its fuckin Thursday mate. Cunts just can't leave it alone, think they're the centre of the universe.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Grays Babylon 1875

Chris Rock - Selective Outrage. 

Brother looks like he's never ever gonna get back to the quality of his early career -  Bigger & Blacker and Never Scared.   But he's still Chris fucking Rock. 

Fucking no idea how he has gone from being a freakishly ugly, young dude to a quite handsome man approaching pension age.   Be money and surgeries involved though.   Removing the daft beard probs helped. 

Pretty good show man.   Lets rip on Big Willy about the Oscars slap at the end.   Fucks up the skit a little, but can be forgiven as he was angrily purging the humiliation of a public emasculation.  

Worth a watch. 

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Went to see Rich Hall last night. Disappointing. Left in the interval to go back to the boozer.

Must have been you at fault as he was decent at the Tivoli.

Gonna imagine he always sings about the train to Garlogie and didn’t just adapt that for the big Dons support.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone go to the David Cross show at Oran Mor tonight?

Both the warm up acts were great.  Cross was a little more low key than I was expecting, but still great.  Last part of the show ruined by an VERY irritating scouser woman who was supposed to read out some lines on stage , but decided that was her turn for glory and started trying to do her own jokes and taking the piss out of Cross.  Utter twat.

34 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Anyone go to the David Cross show at Oran Mor tonight?

Both the warm up acts were great.  Cross was a little more low key than I was expecting, but still great.  Last part of the show ruined by an VERY irritating scouser woman who was supposed to read out some lines on stage , but decided that was her turn for glory and started trying to do her own jokes and taking the piss out of Cross.  Utter twat.

Sorry, but I can't stand him, he's mental. He used to be good, but he lost his mind, became hysterical (in the 19th century sense). Happened to a lot of comedians in the past few years, to be fair. Maybe he's calmed down a bit since I last watched him.

I had to look up  Oran Mor. Damn, that looks waaaay too swanky for a comedy gig! Can't imagine Stanhope playing there. 

What was Crosses' best bit/joke?

On 9/14/2023 at 9:59 PM, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Doug Stanhope, perhaps the greatest living comedian, has a new movie coming out, he basically plays a version of himself...

My fav comedian by a mile, Will watch this asap, Did you see a episode of Louis (Louis CK show) where Stanhope played a suicidal road comic its fucking class like

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, KidCreole said:

My fav comedian by a mile, Will watch this asap, Did you see a episode of Louis (Louis CK show) where Stanhope played a suicidal road comic its fucking class like

Yeah, Stanhope doesn't give a fuck, he never chased mega-fame, mega-millions, he's happy being a boozebag comedy genius with a medium-sized audience around the world, though he hates travelling, but I think the money offers became much better for him as he now does Australia. His last gig in Scotland was Glasgow when Scotland played...? Who was it again? I saw him when he came to the Lemon Tree here, 2013 was it, damn, feels like forever ago. I spoke to him after the show alone for a bit, he's just a normal guy who doesn't give a fuck and is funny as fuck. More people should just not give a fuck these days. Politics, all the shite that people get hung up on.

His bit on mentally disturbed versus mentally ill is great..

Boy, are we seeing this paradigm play out these days!

3 hours ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Yeah, Stanhope doesn't give a fuck, he never chased mega-fame, mega-millions, he's happy being a boozebag comedy genius with a medium-sized audience around the world, though he hates travelling, but I think the money offers became much better for him as he now does Australia. His last gig in Scotland was Glasgow when Scotland played...? Who was it again? I saw him when he came to the Lemon Tree here, 2013 was it, damn, feels like forever ago. I spoke to him after the show alone for a bit, he's just a normal guy who doesn't give a fuck and is funny as fuck. More people should just not give a fuck these days. Politics, all the shite that people get hung up on.

His bit on mentally disturbed versus mentally ill is great..

Boy, are we seeing this paradigm play out these days!

Quality, I saw him in Edin a couple times as well, Never disappoints

• Thanks 1