Whisky

teheeculls

Not sure if it was this thread but somebody recommended the Old Pultney (im sure tups familiar) any how, best whiskey i've tried. So cheers whoever it was!

Probably from this thread.

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=29882&hl=whisky&st=0

It is a cracking dram like.

If you like it you should try some of the ones I suggested also in that thread cos they are mostly all smooth/sweet & similar to that particular kind of preference (except the Island/peaty ones obviously)

Probably from this thread.

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=29882&hl=whisky&st=0

It is a cracking dram like.

If you like it you should try some of the ones I suggested also in that thread cos they are mostly all smooth/sweet & similar to that particular kind of preference (except the Island/peaty ones obviously)

Have a couple of those in the house, got them cheap at asda before xmas

A particular favorite was the singleton, lovely stuff

Had a really nice one in a Whisky shop in Denmark/Esbjerg a while back. Was too expensive to buy there & then & wrote the name of it in a text on my phone (expecting that I'd find it cheaper at home again) but somehow lost the text :clangers2: was a whisky I'd never heard of & was lovely but fucked if I can mind the name. Think it was a guys names but not sure.

:cry: obviously it was the best I'd had in a long time cos I can't fucking remember it now :angry2: typical

Laphroaig...no water...no ice

Be as well drinking TCP or Dettol min, horrible stuff.

Old Putney canna be beat in my opinion whether it's the 12 year old, 17 year old or 21 year old (still 5 bottles up the loft if anyone wants, last years whiskey of the year).

Also canna go wrong with Aberlour (A'Bunadh is one of my favorites), Glenlivet, Balvenie, Glenfiddich.

I canna get into that Glen Garioch stuff though. Would like to with it probably being the closest distillery to me. I went on the tour and when they tell you about the water they use and other stuff, no wonder the whiskey is pretty rank compared to others. Maybe their dearer stuff is better but the entry level stuff is rank.

Weatherspoons have a lot of decent whiskys in just now at a decent price, a good opportunity to try some whiskys you maybe wouldn't try normally.

Be as well drinking TCP or Dettol min, horrible stuff.

Old Putney canna be beat in my opinion whether it's the 12 year old, 17 year old or 21 year old (still 5 bottles up the loft if anyone wants, last years whiskey of the year).

Also canna go wrong with Aberlour (A'Bunadh is one of my favorites), Glenlivet, Balvenie, Glenfiddich.

I canna get into that Glen Garioch stuff though. Would like to with it probably being the closest distillery to me. I went on the tour and when they tell you about the water they use and other stuff, no wonder the whiskey is pretty rank compared to others. Maybe their dearer stuff is better but the entry level stuff is rank.

Weatherspoons have a lot of decent whiskys in just now at a decent price, a good opportunity to try some whiskys you maybe wouldn't try normally.