Your Highs And Lows Of 2017

Poodler

Guest milne_afc

Low ~ Couple of bereavements, fucking grim. Being there when someone actually dies is not nice and really makes you think about popping your own clogs and sorting your shit out for when it happens.

This is important. People need to sort their shit out. Currently trying to sort the affairs of the father in law while he lies in a hospital bed without capacity. Cunt thought he was Peter Pan and this stuff didn't apply to him. It's a fucking minefield - this is my low along with people I care about also losing folk.

High - not been a great vintage tbh, just be glad see the back of 2k17

Highs: Vicariously: Son winning first regional fitba tournament. Also him being sent an offer to test for the advanced education program in his school district. Oh, and getting a call from his school because he'd battered two kids from the year above him in school. The loon is a 'Safety' at his school, which means he has responsibility to help any kids with special needs... apparently these two lads took it upon themselves to rip the pish out of one of the autistic kids he's looking after, and that didn't go down well with him at all. He's a vicious little fucker if you mess with him or his shit :laughing:

Personally, managed to offload an impulse buy from a few years ago... 40 acres of birch forest. Fuck knows what I thought I was going to do with it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. The wife was never happy about it, but she stays out of my way when I'm in Project Mode. Now I can buy a Ghost Town and commence with Project Scooby Doo and the Rape Basment. Jinkies :thumbup1:

Lows: Can't think of anything really... Got in a couple of car smashes, meh... no-one died, not literally anyway... a few relatives voted Trump, so they're technically dead to me. Fuck those mongrels.

Decent year all round.

Yay.

• Downvote 1

High ~ My business making through the 12 months even though I was close to sacking it and taking a job I was offered at one point. Would've been fucked off at myself if I'd done it.

Low ~ Couple of bereavements, fucking grim. Being there when someone actually dies is not nice and really makes you think about popping your own clogs and sorting your shit out for when it happens.

Shite, isn't it? Experienced this myself for the first time in 2015.

Probably the best thing I've been able to say about '17 (and '16, for that matter) is that it wasn't '15. Absolute cunt of a year.

I hope you manage to have a good Christmas in spite of it all.

Highs

Becoming a father for the second time.

The second birthday of my first kid.

2 x wonderful family holidays.

Attending a Pontifical High Mass, offered by a Cardinal.

Us retaining the services of McInnes, with relative ease, despite the attentions of various deluded football clubs.

Getting SKY TV and (finally) a broadband service significantly better than dial-up (SKY Fibre).

The absolutely brilliant job I did of decorating a new bedroom for the first child, defying all expectation. It was all thanks to the excellent "Frogtape".

Lows

It would be churlish to complain, although I did greatly resent the two meek losses to the huns within one week.

Highs

Becoming a father for the second time.

Attending a Pontifical High Mass, offered by a Cardinal.

Congrats to you and Mrs Clydeside, Mr Clydeside. One part of your excellently positive post made me wince however.

Are you bringing up your children in the catholic tradition and if so, what gives you the right?

We didn’t christen any of our four simply because we didn’t think we had the right to, even though the two of us both had been.

Our children might have preferred to be catholic, or baptists or hindus or jews.

We considered the imposition of any one religion, or any one narrow division of Christianity, as a terrible abuse of parental responsibility.

Like brainwashing actually.

• Upvote 3

Congrats to you and Mrs Clydeside, Mr Clydeside. One part of your excellently positive post made me wince however.

Are you bringing up your children in the catholic tradition and if so, what gives you the right?

We didnt christen any of our four simply because we didnt think we had the right to, even though the two of us both had been.

Our children might have preferred to be catholic, or baptists or hindus or jews.

We considered the imposition of any one religion, or any one narrow division of Christianity, as a terrible abuse of parental responsibility.

Top posting.

My mum was brought up a catholic and her religion was a big deal to her. She never got my sister or I baptised due to her saying it had to be our decision if we wanted to do it.

Top parenting. None of this brain washing shite.

Religion is for the unintelligent and the weak.

Therefore I couldnt stand to be in the company of cunts like Clydeside.

Imagine a religious ceremony being quoted as a highlight?

How fucked up do you have to be to quote that?

People get killed for following the wrong religion. Even Nobel Peace prize winners turn a blind eye.

Dont get me started on catholics abusing kids and fucking them as infants. Blind eye sick fuck hypocrites.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We didn’t christen any of our four simply because we didn’t think we had the right to, even though the two of us both had been.

I can't follow this line of thinking at all actually.

As a parent it is your responsibility to show a child what you think is right - in his case [amongst other things] it is being a Catholic but, and this is important, when the child is a young adult they get to choose things more-or-less for themselves.

You are missing this latter part. I don't know if the poster would give his children this choice or not, I suspect even he doesn't know right now if his children are young.

Your brainwashing argument is also 'too tabloid' as any child would still be exposed to other influences at school and in the wider community. That's normal. If it is not to you then I wonder where/how you grew up.

I can't follow this line of thinking at all actually.

As a parent it is your responsibility to show a child what you think is right - in his case [amongst other things] it is being a Catholic but, and this is important, when the child is a young adult they get to choose things more-or-less for themselves.

You are missing this latter part. I don't know if the poster would give his children this choice or not, I suspect even he doesn't know right now if his children are young.

Your brainwashing argument is also 'too tabloid' as any child would still be exposed to other influences at school and in the wider community. That's normal. If it is not to you then I wonder where/how you grew up.

I agree that good parenting includes showing kids the difference between right and wrong. I dont agree that we should show them what I think is right. After all, what if my wife and I disagree on what we think is right?

There is truth. There are truths. Religion, of any denomination, cannot possibly be a truth. The simple truth that there are so many religions, and so many different interpretations of the same religion is proof that they cant all be right.

When parents do show a child what they think is right, the crime is showing them what is wrong, what is not true is right, even though the parent was brought up to believe that the wrong was right. Religion, as prescribed in the usual way - we could say in its orthodox manifestation - is wrong. It is to introduce a mental health handicap to prescribe it.

You want to know where/how I grew up. This seems a bizarre inquiry. What difference does my individual case example make to the wider argument? Im qualified to know my own mind because I invested in it and continue to do so, every single hour of every day. Perhaps your puzzlement stems from you yourself having a religious core and/or foundation? I did read the Bible, cover to cover, voluntarily, aged 15/16. I wanted to know what I was rejecting. I investigated other religions too.

Myanmars genocide right now is the Buddhists killing and displacing Muslims. The religion that condones the slaughter of innocent men, women and children is a very sick one. We dont need to look at the endless other examples throughout history.

Edit: you commented of my description of brainwashing.

My son lives in London. He supports AFC, he has no interest in any English team and he detests Rangers and Celtic. Coincidentally, so do I. And the majority of people support the same teams as their fathers. Or should I say the majority of football fans support the same team as their dads because Im led to believe that some men dont care about football, probably because theyre poofs.

Whilst football is not as material to the core of ones existence as religion is to the much bigger number of people on the planet, its still brainwashing in that the choice of option has been compromised in the child. Theres no difference between my son supporting AFC and Clydesides child being a catholic (if indeed he has passed on or intends to pass on his own personal preference).

• Upvote 3

I agree that good parenting includes showing kids the difference between right and wrong. I dont agree that we should show them what I think is right. After all, what if my wife and I disagree on what we think is right?

There is truth. There are truths. Religion, of any denomination, cannot possibly be a truth. The simple truth that there are so many religions, and so many different interpretations of the same religion is proof that they cant all be right.

When parents do show a child what they think is right, the crime is showing them what is wrong, what is not true is right, even though the parent was brought up to believe that the wrong was right. Religion, as prescribed in the usual way - we could say in its orthodox manifestation - is wrong. It is to introduce a mental health handicap to prescribe it.

You want to know where/how I grew up. This seems a bizarre inquiry. What difference does my individual case example make to the wider argument? Im qualified to know my own mind because I invested in it and continue to do so, every single hour of every day. Perhaps your puzzlement stems from you yourself having a religious core and/or foundation? I did read the Bible, cover to cover, voluntarily, aged 15/16. I wanted to know what I was rejecting. I investigated other religions too.

Myanmars genocide right now is the Buddhists killing and displacing Muslims. The religion that condones the slaughter of innocent men, women and children is a very sick one. We dont need to look at the endless other examples throughout history.

Edit: you commented of my description of brainwashing.

My son lives in London. He supports AFC, he has no interest in any English team and he detests Rangers and Celtic. Coincidentally, so do I. And the majority of people support the same teams as their fathers. Or should I say the majority of football fans support the same team as their dads because Im led to believe that some men dont care about football, probably because theyre poofs.

Whilst football is not as material to the core of ones existence as religion is to the much bigger number of people on the planet, its still brainwashing in that the choice of option has been compromised in the child. Theres no difference between my son supporting AFC and Clydesides child being a catholic (if indeed he has passed on or intends to pass on his own personal preference).

:laughing:

Stupendous. Have a +1

You only think I lie because what I proclaim, you can only DREAM of wee man

I go to Cuba

Not at all. I'd be very happy for you to be doing well. I don't dream of money or a fancy house. I dream of creating great relationships and friendships, sharing experiences with people i love and being the best person i possibly can be. I couldn't give a fuck what the number on my wage slip is, what's important to me is doing those things.

P.S. Every single person on here knows you're a liar. It'd be better to stop drawing attention to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In the process of moving just now and for a calm guy I'm really stressed out by the whole thing past few weeks . Almost anxiety style attacks/feelings.

Even though it's through choice it feels like a bereavement moving away from the old place .

Fuck sake Can't wait till it's all over

:gay::gay::gay:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You know lgir, for the first time ever I actually looked up this stuff online and that's exactly what it advised .

Says not too take in to much air but just hold each breath longer .

Happen I'll take it to the extreme and combine it with a strangle-wank.

it works when you're anxious. also got me through quitting smoking.

in through the nose. slow and until you've filled up right to the bottom of your lungs.

then slowly out through the mouth.

about three times. you'll feel better.

Dr. Mom :wave: