Dundee Utd V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

OUT

I'm at a funeral thing in the afternoon. The wife's uncle passed away at xmas time and in Georgia there's a tradition to have a dinner/service 40 days after the death. Grim pre-match buildup but been assured that I'll be alright to get away in time for kick off (7pm here). Just saw it's on red tv international, which is a fucking result. For UK-based Dandies that suggests there should be a stream going although if UK-based you should be at the fucking game anyway.

Prediction - 3-2 Dons (AET)

Last two defensive performances have loosened the bowels. Before that I was very confident, especially after the way we violated them at Tannadice in December. That was as complete a Dons display I've seen since tims away in Scottish Cup last season.

United concede chances, that much is abundantly clear. Their keeper is ropey and their defensive midfield struggles to handle any sort of pace/quality. I expect us to score at least one, hopefully we can revert to the defensive tightness of pre-Dundee.

I'd definitely start Daniels and would question the point of bringing him in if he doesn't.

Brown

Logan Daniels Reynolds Considine

Jack Hayes

McGinn Pawlett Rooney

Goodwillie

I think there is a chance that Flood gets a start with Goodwillie dropping to the bench, giving us something more substantial to bring on later in the game. Fuck knows though. Smith and Shankland have looked decent in their sub appearances of late as well.

Is Daniels definitely gonna start?

Seems a bit of a risk at center-back against a good attacking team.

Sounds like it from his RedTV interview. Quoted as saying something along the lines of 'Saturday is a big game for the club, for the city, and for me.'

I would say it's no more of a risk than going with the back four we had against St. Johnstone, probably considerably less so actually. Too many players didn't look comfortable with the arrangement we had on Friday, this gives us a back four where players know the positions they're playing quite well and frees up Jonny Hayes to play in midfield.

Much more optimistic now.

Fit boozers are open at 9am in Glesga?

I can do a breakfast for my first drink but after that I need a good run at drinking... anywhere recommended by you tarts?

I believe The Budgie on Blochairn Road opens at 8am Mon-Sat.

It is not very near Hampden, but is well placed for fans driving down the M8 (Blochairn Road).

However, I wouldnt recommend it!

49665_81a61ba9.jpg?w=2

49665_44f2935a.jpg?w=1

Heres an online review:

Officially “The Blochairn Bar”, but long known by its avian nickname, this is the kind of establishment which used to get Glasgow pubs, and the city itself, a bad name. You could be forgiven for thinking it was derelict from the outside and from the inside, you could also be forgiven for thinking it was derelict. Amazingly, given its down-market nature, it opens at 8.00 a.m. to serve breakfasts, and drinks, to night shift workers from the city Fruitmarket just across the road. I had a few early morning pints here many years ago, after a party, but my memory of that visit is rather hazy. I went back again recently, stone cold sober, on a Friday afternoon. The dozen or so customers looked suitably rough. One guy was fighting with his pit-bull terrier: the dog was playing, but I’m not sure about the customer. The gents toilet was out of order, so I was invited to use the ladies. On the positive side, it is, as you might expect, very cheap. If you’re looking for a “No Mean City” experience from Glasgow’s past, this is the kind of place to find it, but tread with care.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/49665/

Berto you could try tollbooth at the bottom of high street next to the big clock tower. Opens early. Sells booze has a sign saying u need to buy a bacon roll. They don't enforce the rule. Was in there prior to early kick off at last Hampden semi. Shithole boozer though in the interests of full disclosure.

Full disclosure would also highlight the strong sellick connections of that establishment! :laughing:

But its much better than my suggestion of the Budgie, for sure!

It is not very near Hampden, but is well placed for fans driving down the M8 (Blochairn Road).

49665_81a61ba9.jpg?w=2

49665_44f2935a.jpg?w=1

I was in there once after a night out in town then back to some random's flat for a party. Someone generously shared a big bag of sherbet and we went to the budgie at opening to continue the merriment. I seem to recall a load of neds coming in about 9am dressed in women's dresses. Not sure why.

I stayed awake til about midday then fell asleep in the corner. I made it home about 6pm to a very angry girlfriend who had spent the morning phoning a&e depts convinced I had been attacked. In retrospect not phoning her was a bad idea going to the budgie was a terrible one.

Moral of the tale don't any dons fans go the budgie. U won't have sex with your girlfriend for a long time afterwards.

Heres an online review:

Officially “The Blochairn Bar”, but long known by its avian nickname, this is the kind of establishment which used to get Glasgow pubs, and the city itself, a bad name. You could be forgiven for thinking it was derelict from the outside and from the inside, you could also be forgiven for thinking it was derelict. Amazingly, given its down-market nature, it opens at 8.00 a.m. to serve breakfasts, and drinks, to night shift workers from the city Fruitmarket just across the road. I had a few early morning pints here many years ago, after a party, but my memory of that visit is rather hazy. I went back again recently, stone cold sober, on a Friday afternoon. The dozen or so customers looked suitably rough. One guy was fighting with his pit-bull terrier: the dog was playing, but I’m not sure about the customer. The gents toilet was out of order, so I was invited to use the ladies. On the positive side, it is, as you might expect, very cheap. If you’re looking for a “No Mean City” experience from Glasgow’s past, this is the kind of place to find it, but tread with care.

49665_81a61ba9.jpg?w=2

49665_44f2935a.jpg?w=1

Heres an online review:

Sounds like the Grant Arms in Cullen or as its know locally as the Rats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30994818

"Highlights" from the Tynecastle 4-1 game.

When did the LC semis move to a weekend?

Where are they now?

Aberdeen: Langfield, McNamara (Bus 79), Diamond, Severin, Considine (Aluko 67), Young, Nicholson, Josh Walker, Mackie, Miller, Foster.

Langfield - the bench :dance:

McNamara - Dundee United manager

Diamond - Northampton Town

Severin - retired from football and now offshore

Considine - AFC

Young - Forfar Athletic

Nicholson - youth coach at Fleetwood

Walker - playing in India for Bengaluru FC

Mackie - Turriff United

Miller - Kilmarnock

Foster - The Rangers

Bus - last spotted at Dutch amateurs Longa 30.

Aluko - Hull City