Sevco Thread

BDO have been discussing the debate with HMRC on the two points of contention for over a year. It has been over five months since BDO revealed that HMRC had capitulated and couldn’t be bothered chasing these issues any longer. So why would the Ibrox PR machine suddenly fire up this story now?

It all looks like a well-planned, well-executed distortion of the truth. This far after the events it seems unlikely that the Sevco PR machine would waste such capital without a compelling reason. With going-concern warnings, cash requirements gaps for the coming year, a lawsuit lost over retail, and one more in the works for an Ibrox Disaster memorial plan abandoned, plus massive dilution of supporters’ share investments- there are a lot of issues that could be about to erupt for the seven year old club.

Whatever is going on, the “taxman killed my club by mistake” narrative has to be a distraction from something.  Time will tell us what it is exactly, but with so many loyal and true bluenoses working in the press, this could simply be an in-house hack trying to clear the name of his now departed club.

Thing is if it was an admin error by HMRC, why the fuck was it not picked up by the then accountants or the Liquidator of the dead club?

For the hundreds of thousands of fees they will have skimmed, you'd have thunk that someone would have looked closely at the detail as that's what they are paid to do.

Maybe someone in those firms are in fact Dandies...

Hats off to them if so, well played.

A lot of Huns on social media asking this very question - saying it's part of a bigger conspiracy against the club.

I love seeing all this stuff - but I worry that they're feeding off all of this and it's created something of a siege mentality.  The Huns are playing well above themselves this season and seem to be hell-bent on redemption.  This will only add fire to their belly.

Hope this is true cause it would be funny as fuck.

Can’t see it though. As has been said no way an error this big would only have just been noticed now after all this time, and the timing is very convenient just days after reporting they need £10m before the end of the season just to stay alive again.

Either way fuck them.

Guest the shepherd

So their club died due to an administrative error! :hysterical:

These boys here are surely accountable.....https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-rangers-administrators-pursue-9m-20756792.amp

Selling RFC for well under the true market value (at the time) and keeping a large cut of the proceeds of the sale to themselves. I wonder what the actual true value of the sale was and what they actually got, maybe that's were the "admin error" lies.

I better not say too much or I'll be getting sued for defamation

Guest the shepherd

Not sure why they would be angry about it, they were essentially done a massive favour. Huge debts written off, “unbroken history” retained, European football after a few seasons of transition.

Why bother trying to make ends meet when you see how easy it is to buy trophies then shed all the debt accrued getting there.

Excellent post

• Site Sponsor

FC328693-C802-41-AB-888-B-772-C42-F8-CA2

Aye, as if Hector gives a fuck LOL.

I've not read the full Times article but nowhere on the front page at least, is there a quote from HMRC confirming any "fuck up".

I'll get time later on to read the article in full but I'd be very surprised if HMRC agreed that the dead club had been over-assessed as HMRC won't want to set a precedent in case anyone else in a similar position uses their "quote" as a basis for arguing their case.

In any event for any Orcs looking in, Fuck The Huns

• Upvote 2

Sweep Sweep bullshit trying to divert the attention away from their current financial problems and make it look like they weren't to blame for destroying the old club. 

I hope it's not true, regardless of how funny it would be. We don't want them having any whiff of moral high ground.

Sevco and their sycophants in the media trying to whitewash the past. I wonder if this is a cover story a distraction away from problems at Ipox?

Cue the current club "accepting the debts" of old club. Then bring liquidated with an that debt burden.

Old club then"rises from ashes" with their history 'intact' to challenge the unwashed debt free.

Your club died. And you let it happen. Even celebrated those who ran it into the ground way before green and white.

Blatant smoke screen. The club had debts of 140m+ when it was liquidated. Even if it was minus 50m it still leaves them at around 100m of debt. Would the club have been easier to sell with only 100m of debt instead of 150m? Also they are not mentioning the fact that if it is only 20m they are still liable for over 50m when you take into consideration the fines and interest.. that is all if the original article has any truth in the first place!

Apparently all the info was made available in June and it’s just been highlighted now. That alone should tell you all you need to know. Taken attention away from the shambles of the current club.

• Upvote 3

Blatant smoke screen. The club had debts of 140m+ when it was liquidated. Even if it was minus 50m it still leaves them at around 100m of debt. Would the club have been easier to sell with only 100m of debt instead of 150m? Also they are not mentioning the fact that if it is only 20m they are still liable for over 50m when you take into consideration the fines and interest.. that is all if the original article has any truth in the first place!

Apparently all the info was made available in June and it’s just been highlighted now. That alone should tell you all you need to know. Taken attention away from the shambles of the current club.

Aye... it makes you wonder though why now? sure, the clubs results are just out, but their arses must be twitching if they need to publish this nonsense. I guess it means if they go bust, they will feel it's all because the HMRC destroyed the old club and it led them down a path of debt. I did kinda hope it was true about HMRC getting it wrong... that would make it all even funnier that it is already. 

Saw a comment in some of the online articles.

“It’s like arguing when the Titanic sank how deep the water was.”

I think in this instance it’s more akin to “the Titanic has shitloads of debt outstanding which the bank forgave because it sunk. Would they have forgiven said debt if it arrived in New York with a bit of a scrape along the side? Of course not.”

Saw a comment in some of the online articles.

It’s like arguing when the Titanic sank how deep the water was.”

I think in this instance it’s more akin to “the Titanic has shitloads of debt outstanding which the bank forgave because it sunk. Would they have forgiven said debt if it arrived in New York with a bit of a scrape along the side? Of course not.”

Easy enough to work out if you have the tidal times for the night it sank.

The story will no doubt be bollocks no way would the team of accountants working for the old club not have picked up such a huge error at the time. It clearly huns in the media trying to re-write history and provide a smokescreen to the current clubs financial issues.

Bottom line is they cheated big time and got caught. The huns adopted a scheme that was legal at the time and very deliberately operated it illegally. They and they alone put themselves into the position that led to their demise. Fuck them. Whatever the final figures were of what they truly owed HMRC (it's tens of millions regardless) doesn't change the fact they deliberately cheated the whole of Scottish football for years. They deserve fuck all sympathy.

The story will no doubt be bollocks no way would the team of accountants working for the old club not have picked up such a huge error at the time. It clearly huns in the media trying to re-write history and provide a smokescreen to the current clubs financial issues.

Bottom line is they cheated big time and got caught. The huns adopted a scheme that was legal at the time and very deliberately operated it illegally. They and they alone put themselves into the position that led to their demise. Fuck them. Whatever the final figures were of what they truly owed HMRC (it's tens of millions regardless) doesn't change the fact they deliberately cheated the whole of Scottish football for years. They deserve fuck all sympathy.

And in any case, if I remember correctly, wasnt it not paying PAYE which led to admin? (I.e. Not the aforementioned big tax case)