Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Danny Rodgers

he'd be as well chucking it with us he couldnt even get a game when we had no keepers we ended up playing that boy from Newcastle in front of him but maybe he just likes being associated with the club as he keeps signing contract extensions but i did think this was his last year so not sure why we didnt just free him  

he'd be as well chucking it with us he couldnt even get a game when we had no keepers we ended up playing that boy from Newcastle in front of him but maybe he just likes being associated with the club as he keeps signing contract extensions but i did think this was his last year so not sure why we didnt just free him  

Because he wouldn't have accepted. We pay a helluva lot more than Morton do. But I totally agree he should be freed next summer at the end of his contract.

He's not a bad keeper. He's just not good enough for us.

He'd get a decent enough gig in the Scottish Championship I think.

Its a bit like saying I'm nae a bad keeper but just nae good enough for Aberdeen. I'd probably still do a job for Broomhill right enough, although the jersey might be a bit tight and I'd look like a melted quality street.

Nae good enough for Aberdeen = shite.