Adam Johnson

Guest the shepherd

He's 27, using your logic she was approaching 18,

My logic isn't a set gap, it is about development of people and outlook on life. I'd say it changes a lot in development over your early adult years, so in the majority of circumstances, I don't think you can have particularly healthy relationships between a 30 year old and an 18 year old.

You get immature people who are way into their 20's and mature people in their teens.

Johnson has lived a pampered life, he's never had to grow up, he kicked a fitba for a living and is minted, I don't know the guy but imagine he's child like in his outlook on life.

Anyway, done and dusted now, would imagine he'll appeal the sentence as well as the conviction, he fucked up big style putting himself in that position and now has to do the time for his crime, 3 years in isolation with proper paedos and rapists, rather him than me.

A 16 y/o shagging a 15 y/o shouldn't be given the same tag as a 50 y/o shagging an 8 y/o. Both are classified as "paedophiles" and tarred with the same brush.

I also think that if you go home with a girl from a club, have sex with her and then find out she is only 15, should not be a criminal offence for the guy. Are you expected to ask for ID before having sex nowadays? some 15 year olds look 18+, so it's not always a forgone conclusion that you should just know by looking.

Point is....yes it's illegal and that's fair enough, however there should be some kind of common sense from the law with regards to the situations above with regards to the sentencing.

A 16 y/o shagging a 15 y/o shouldn't be given the same tag as a 50 y/o shagging an 8 y/o. Both are classified as "paedophiles" and tarred with the same brush.

I also think that if you go home with a girl from a club, have sex with her and then find out she is only 15, should not be a criminal offence for the guy. Are you expected to ask for ID before having sex nowadays? some 15 year olds look 18+, so it's not always a forgone conclusion that you should just know by looking.

Point is....yes it's illegal and that's fair enough, however there should be some kind of common sense from the law with regards to the situations above with regards to the sentencing.

If you're 16 and you shag a 15 year old I doubt you'd get in trouble.

Johnson got his time because he's a celebrity in his 20s and groomed an underage girl.

Not a paedophile.... a child molester maybe, but not necessarily a paedophile.

Not all paedophiles are necessarily child molesters

Not all child molesters are necessarily paedophiles, they might just like the power, or see teenagers as easy targets.

Law should reflect the degree to which someone has taken advantage of a vulnerable person, not be based on arbitrary age.

No, they'd be classed as sexual offenders, the 50yr old would probably be classed as paedophile due to her pre-pubescent age

There is a legal argument that if someone has sex with an underager (over 13 but under 16) but there was consent and the "offender" had no reason to believe the younger one was underage then they might not be punished. just read that on one of the Adam Johnson reports.

Do you think that 15year olds trying to look older is a new thing? Just asking seriously, not having a go. Anytime I'm in a nightclub, even when I was younger you can pretty much tell who is too young to be in there, plenty of guys happy enough to use the 'she was in a club/pub so must be old enough' excuse.

No, they'd be classed as sexual offenders, the 50yr old would probably be classed as paedophile due to her pre-pubescent age

There is a legal argument that if someone has sex with an underager (over 13 but under 16) but there was consent and the "offender" had no reason to believe the younger one was underage then they might not be punished. just read that on one of the Adam Johnson reports.

Do you think that 15year olds trying to look older is a new thing? Just asking seriously, not having a go. Anytime I'm in a nightclub, even when I was younger you can pretty much tell who is too young to be in there, plenty of guys happy enough to use the 'she was in a club/pub so must be old enough' excuse.

Its a valid excuse. Ive been blootered enough to speak to a lampost for 30 minutes so the ability to guess someones age is right out of the window.

And the law does need looked at. This one size fits all model we use is archaic and broken.

Not a paedophile.... a child molester maybe, but not necessarily a paedophile.

Not all paedophiles are necessarily child molesters

Not all child molesters are necessarily paedophiles, they might just like the power, or see teenagers as easy targets.

Law should reflect the degree to which someone has taken advantage of a vulnerable person, not be based on arbitrary age.

BEAST

I think girls do dress a lot older than they used to. You see groups of young lassies in town wearing fuck all, usually that's a good indication that they are underage though.

I've personally never been in that situation, but some 15y/o's do look 17-18 so i'm not surprised it happens. That's not an excuse but a fact and an 18 y/o bloke isn't going to see a girl in a club and think about ID'ing the girl. Especially if he's had a few.

Sober blokes actively seeking under-age girls though...that's a completely different issue.

• 1 year later...

Adam Johnson, the disgraced former England footballer, has been secretly filmed in prison laughing about his conviction for sexually assaulting a 15-year-old fan.

In a video published by the Sun, the ex-Sunderland midfielder dismissed his crimes as “fuck all” and said he would have been let off with a caution if he was “Joe Public”.
Responding to a fellow prisoner who said Johnson did not rape his victim, the former footballer said: “No, I wish I fucking did for six years.”
Johnson, 29, was jailed for six years in March after being convicted of grooming, kissing and sexual activity with the teenage girl following a trial at Bradford crown court.
Last month Johnson lost a second attempt to overturn his conviction and reduce his sentence at the court of appeal.
Johnson’s sister, Faye, who had been leading her brother’s appeal attempts, had not commented publicly on the Sun video on Friday morning.
The Ministry of Justice declined to comment on the footage but it is believed the leaked recording will spark an investigation by prison officials.
In the video the former Manchester City and Middlesbrough winger is heard admitting that his chances of playing again in England had been scuppered by “do-gooders” but that he may try revive his career abroad.
He tells fellow prisoners: “I’ve got more chance abroad. You can’t get a second chance in England man. All them do-gooders they’ll come out and say, ‘Nah he can’t play and all this, he’s done this.’”
Johnson is seen making a crude gesture about his victim as he describes how she would wait for a picture with him after Sunderland games at the Stadium of Light, going on to imply that she wore provocative clothing.
“Then after the game she was asking for pictures all the time. This went on for about six months and the next thing she says: ‘Can you get us a signed shirt?’ and uh … then she added me [on social media]. I accepted her, got talking to her, I didn’t, I didn’t know, I just thought she was 17, 18.”
Johnson’s claim to prisoners that he thought the girl was 17 or 18 is false. In his first police interview and later in evidence at his trial, Johnson admitted kissing the girl and knowing that she was 15.
In the video, another prisoner said: “Next thing you’re doing a six stretch.”
Johnson, laughing, replied that other prisoners had been convicted of offences with “12-year-olds and got 13 months and that. D’you know what I mean? They got like half the time!”

Fuck the Sun.

Play with fire you get burned.

He knew she was under age.

Should've respected both her and the law.

Quite right he's in the jug.

Aye, correct.

Clearly been set up here. Why would someone be filming him secretly unless the paper gave them a couple of quid up front...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...