Shay Logan

It would be great news if shay stayed and I think he will.

He might be able to get a higher wage in England, but no chance of silverware or european football for him there.

Its interesting that the article mentions "another year", as if there is an agreement he might give us another season and then seek to make some money in England during the last few of his years as a pro at a decent level.

He's clearly no Cafu, hence why he plays for Aberdeen. But I don't think we can underestimate just how important he is to us. I really hope he stays.

He is Cafu compared to our recent history in the RB dept.

I really think we would struggle to find better than him. We used up all our great deals in the FB dept when we signed the best LB in Scottish football.

Biggest thing we would miss regarding Logan is the decent amount of great balls he gets into the box. Defensively he's average to good (sometimes great) but going forward & linking up he really is a gem for us.

He won and saved the game for us against Killie, that slide he made was important but also very clever. Sped the ball up on the path it was on instead of blocking it and potentially putting it into a dangerous area, especially with a keeper we can't always trust in those situations.

Intelligent player and has a reason to hate Celtic... hope he stays.

Would be great to keep shay as admittedly I thought it was a cert he was off back south.

He has become a big player for us.

I expect shay to be a real driving force for us the next few weeks, with Shinnie, Hayes and Robson in support.

Having these 4 guys in our team gives us a good strength of character for the challenges ahead.

He's been free to speak to other clubs since January so it's possible his agent has been sending a highlights reel to Championship/League One clubs and no-one's shown an interest, so he's decided to stay where he's appreciated.

Probably a fair bit of truth in that...like it or not when the folks down south see the manager of the "Top" Scottish club make a complete arse out of trying to manage a Championship club down there...you can see why the standard is questioned...AFC is probably the best option for Mr Logan.

• 1 month later...

Why is he requiring another few days to make up his mind. I think he is a great player for us, but this delaying makes you wonder what he really is after. Family reasons does not make any sense to me. Ps...He better not sign for a Glasgow club and say it is nearer his kids.

Why is he requiring another few days to make up his mind. I think he is a great player for us, but this delaying makes you wonder what he really is after. Family reasons does not make any sense to me. Ps...He better not sign for a Glasgow club and say it is nearer his kids.

Who says he is requiring another few days?

It's all speculation.

If he does move to Glasgow it is nearer his kids.

I thought everybody would know that.

Logan will have a few decent offers on the table from down south. He has been (for the most part) one of our better players & decent attacking fullbacks have great appeal to most teams.

I very much doubt he will stay with us. A decent wage from a club closer to home for him & he will (unfortunately) be gone. Cannot blame him for that tbf. He's been a good servant. Just hope we find a replacement close to his level at least. Last thing we need is even more disruption/weakening in the defensive areas.

He said qualifying for the champions league would influence his decision, If my dad said I wanted to move nearer you guys but the team I played for got into the champions league so I stayed put I would be pretty pissed.

Also has anyone seen him and prince in the same room