Scottish Fitba Tv Rights

Even in those days an Aberdeen strip was worth more than a Scotland one!

Got my first pair of Doctor Marten's boots at Robert Rae's.  They used to have a second store as well, on George Street I think it was

Same. Also a dead smart (i thought so) Harrington jacket. 9 or 10 years old. Felt like a million dollars!

Fucked over by sky for the next 5 years. Woohoo.

Edit - so

£5.2 billion for the epl

£600 Million for the efl

£120 million for the spfl.

Paid for by the company that's sole aim is to promote English football.

Fairly certain that is not the sole aim of Sky but you work away with your outrage...

And yes its shit coverage and utterly focused on two clubs.

But comparing it to England and Wales is just silly and serves no real purpose.

• Downvote 1

Fairly certain that is not the sole aim of Sky but you work away with your outrage...

Fairly certain that the UK buisiness model of Sky tv is built around the English Premier League. Has been for a very long time and the promotion of it is paramount.

I'm not comparing it to countries. In fact, there isn't really a comparison to make. Sky UK is a UK company. All 3 league formats are in the UK and served by sky UK. 2 of those UK league formats are favoured and promoted beyond all reason while the 3rd is marginalised and demeaned in its coverage and payment and it's core fan base is used to help pay for the other 2 formats.

As an avid bbc hater, I have to admit that today they are the only ones to come out of today's deal with any credit.

• Upvote 1

They've spent so much on English football and Formula one that they've lost a lot of their other sports.

Everything else is just cheap filler.

Unfortunately Bt seem to be making the same mistakes. All their sports eggs in the epl and champions league baskets.

It is a shame as Mt says as the coverage was much better than sky. At least they were knowledgeable about more than 2 teams and tried to sell the league as a whole.

Premier Sports - to fuck with that.

Disappointed BT have lost everything. Will try to justify keeping it on but Scottish football was certainly main reason I subscribed.

Aye the Scottish football and the free Box Nation was my reason for going with bt.

Box nation is practically down the tubes. No Scottish football. I can live without the Champions League, practically the same groups every year now anyway.

Fairly certain that the UK buisiness business model of Sky tv is built around the English Premier League. Has been for a very long time and the promotion of it is paramount.

I'm not comparing it to countries. In fact, there isn't really a comparison to make. Sky UK is a UK company. All 3 league formats are in the UK and served by sky UK. 2 of those UK league formats are favoured and promoted beyond all reason while the 3rd is marginalised and demeaned in its coverage and payment and it's core fan base is used to help pay for the other 2 formats.

As an avid bbc hater, I have to admit that today they are the only ones to come out of today's deal with any credit.

So not the sole aim then...that would be to make a profit and to maximise said profit, which might be why they are so interested, actually invested in the EPL which is a league they literally helped build as a spectacle, it also is going to be the biggest driver of subscriptions and advertising revenue.

You have given an opinion in marketing and promotion, are you qualified to do so?

Here's something to bear in mind the EFL had companies actively engaging in competition to be the title sponsor, we go with a begging bowl to betting firms.

Is that because of demeaning coverage?

As others have noted previously you are just not that bright.

• Downvote 1

They've spent so much on English football and Formula one that they've lost a lot of their other sports.

Everything else is just cheap filler.

Unfortunately Bt seem to be making the same mistakes. All their sports eggs in the epl and champions league baskets.

It is a shame as Mt says as the coverage was much better than sky. At least they were knowledgeable about more than 2 teams and tried to sell the league as a whole.

Its a business, these are commercial decisions, they go tits up without English football and Formula One has a very loyal (strange and gay) fan base.

BT has it appears over extended itself on European football, both channels have lost continental football to Eleven sports whatever the fuck that is...

They also are competing with alternative broadcasters such as Amazon, google, Apple and Netflix who are cash rich and consume content voraciously, I notice none of them were interested in our rights. 

Wonder why?