Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Guest milne_afc

I got to about paragraph 30 of the Craig Murray affidavit. Sturgeon and Murrell are looking at jail time imho. The transphobia thing yesterday was a load of shite too.

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

I got to about paragraph 30 of the Craig Murray affidavit. Sturgeon and Murrell are looking at jail time imho. The transphobia thing yesterday was a load of shite too.

I read the whole post from Murray and it is grim reading, but baffling as to why Salmond chose to hold his tongue for so long. COVID or no COVID, I would be absolutely fucking livid if I was stitched up like this AND had to pay half a million in legal fees. I don't think I could hold my tongue while the Poundshop Ceaucescus strut about like statesmen.

As a side note, the fact the unionist media has given her a relatively easy ride, whilst not giving an ounce of reprieve to the idea of independence, tells us all we need to know. She's controlled opposition, whether wittingly (possible, but a long shot) or unwittingly (more likely, as she's less threat to the union than Salmond and even Cherry). Keeping her in power as a lame duck means independence will never transpire during her tenure.

13 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I know.  What pish she talks "this isn't scripted" - aye, right hen, you are a walking script.

The two of them should be looking at jail time, but given the crown office and police are all as deeply corrupt as the SNP regime, who is going to act?

Make no mistake that the crown office and police are at fault with the salmond case also.  And we know from the duff and phelps carry on that they do not hesitate to pursue prosecutions on purely malicious grounds (that describes the Salmond affair perfectly).

Kenny McCaskill just been interviewed and said there was a group of Sturgeons close SNP colleagues who called themselves the Vietnam group.

This group was set up to push for Salmonds conviction and apparently the messages on it were at the least I'll advised if not criminal.Pressure was put on at least one female who did'nt want to go to court.

Should be interesting who is involved and what they said.

2 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

This whole Salmond/Sturgo saga - transparent Tory stitch-up to undermine the SNP and the upcoming indy campaign. 

Thats what i heard.

Well, that strategy could backfire spectacularly. 

With Salmond and Sturgeon, two of the most personality-free, miserable drones in world politics, there was very little enthusiasm for the SNP outside of its traditional base. 

Getting rid of Sturgeon could pave the way for someone with a little charisma, who could make the idea of Independence seem appealing, rather than an exercise in morbid inbreeding. 

On 1/28/2021 at 10:59 PM, rocket_scientist said:

He said he would wait until the heat of the pandemic had cooled down. He said that immediately after the acquittals and the not proven, right outside the court. He is a man who knows politics and he knows the importance of sticking to his promise on this matter.

I agree that she is a lame duck, a leader with an ex-career to look forward to.

It is what we don't agree on that might be more worthwhile however. You haven't yet said what you disagreed with me on: -

As I said, the set-up is not in dispute but until we understand the motivations of Sturgeon to take the risk that she did - which has spectacularly gone pear-shaped - it's only a partial story.

It's (soon-to-be) over for her. Cherry is the only choice for me going forward. But Salmond must be completely extinguished from the future of Scotland. When he brings her down, she will finish him. That's not a fact, obviously, but a prediction. He's not the innocent noble elder statesman you paint him out to be. That might be the area of disagreement between us?

Apologies for lack of elaboration previously, the disagreement is a mi or one and thus not to be overplayed. I think he has been wronged her, but while he is far from an "innocent, noble elder statesman" he was the most scrutinised politician in Western Europe for many years, especially during 2011-14. In this time, the establishment had nothing major on him. Zilch. Nada. If they had, we can be sure it would have been deployed with glee. If the poison dwarf who has failed to succeed him (and driven the SNP into the ground in a few years) does bring him down with anything, it will either be something modest, or he's been under deeper cover than anyone I know.

16 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I know.  What pish she talks "this isn't scripted" - aye, right hen, you are a walking script.

The two of them should be looking at jail time, but given the crown office and police are all as deeply corrupt as the SNP regime, who is going to act?

Make no mistake that the crown office and police are at fault with the salmond case also.  And we know from the duff and phelps carry on that they do not hesitate to pursue prosecutions on purely malicious grounds (that describes the Salmond affair perfectly).

It's clear she's going for the scorched earth approach and "burning the house down" by pushing this poisonous Woko Haram nonsense (that "Leeze" character is revolting) but this has been bubbling under the surface for several years now, as witnessed by the shocking misogynist abuse of Cherry, McAlpine and others who just happen to oppose the idea that men who chop off their penises are "women". This abuse was clearly against party rules, but was occurring in plain sight, under Sturgeon and Murrell's leadership.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

Nothing so dramatic, but attempting to put an innocent man in jail for the rest of his natural life, on sex charges which were so ridiculous the FM and her administration were advised not to proceed on, is pretty corrupt, is it not? It's also a huge slap in the face to the many genuine victims of sex assault (both male and female) who struggle to be heard, far less see justice.

If the FM and her husband don't see the inside of a jail cell at the end of this, it will be a disgrace to Scottish justice.

All of that, absolutely.

On 1/26/2021 at 1:58 AM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The Robin McAlpine article suggests the idea of Sturgeon's cabal was only to smear Salmond's reputation, to prevent him returning to politics and usurping Sturgeon.

However, he then claims the thing took legs and ran on to the point of Salmond facing jail - and, terrifyingly, he claims Sturgeon & Co just decided to "go with it" instead of backing off.

Certainly seems possible, if not likely.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, Redforever86 said:

We(/she) had no chance, open borders into the UK plus millions of English, Welsh and Northern Irish visiting throughout the summer. All while they had a terrible track and trace system and heaps of people all over the UK broke rules. 

She should really have imposed some authority, and closed the guff border, and those at the airports bar citizens/residents returning home to Scotland.

I know it was said it was not up to her, but really, if you want to run our country as an actual country, and not a fucking region/colony of those mutants to the south, she should have put her foot down and closed up New Zealand style.

The results of that, allied with the perma-farce in England, would have had her fully vindicated with such an approach.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:30 AM, Jocky Balboa said:

Until they go, I won't be back on board with the SNP, or even independence, because if this is tolerated, what is the point, when we're no better than the corrupt system we wish to escape?

Come away min.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:50 AM, Henry said:

She made a right roaring cunt (or cock) of that too.

I'm out of excuses now for maintaining any backing for the SNP or that fucker.

On 1/28/2021 at 10:18 PM, milne_afc said:

Where can I see this?
He has a blog dis he nae?

On 1/25/2021 at 11:58 PM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The Robin McAlpine article suggests the idea of Sturgeon's cabal was only to smear Salmond's reputation, to prevent him returning to politics and usurping Sturgeon

Read that article yesterday and he certainly hints and alludes at this but in my opinion does not provide any new proof. In the opening paragraph he states:

"THIS TIME almost exactly two years ago I sat in a cafe close to Holyrood in a state of what I can only call shock. The enormity of what I’d just heard was sinking in; over the preceding nearly three hours I’d been introduced to all the gory detail of the plot against Alex Salmond. The last two years has at times been surreal for me as a result."

Yet he does not mention who told him the shocking news and how much of an authority they were on the story.

(https://sourcenews.scot/robin-mcalpine-nicola-sturgeon-this-is-a-matter-of-the-integrity-of-scotland-as-a-nation/)

40 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

It is also naive to expect him to disclose his sources. There have been multiple accounts from different people all saying the same thing. Ironically the Moorov doctrine can apply to the multiple accounts (at this stage) where the doctrine tried and failed to convict him in court. 

Not expecting to him to name his source at all, more to point to their authority on the matter i.e. a senior member of the govt or a member of the Kabala who is uneasy at what is going on etc.

The blog has the sniff of someone who is looking to hook people in and drop feed snippets but without actually providing hard evidence.

If sturgeon is behind but all she has made a fatal mistake in allowing evidence to lead directly back to her. While I think that she is involved in some capacity, she is by no means an idiot and who would let that actually happen.

45 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

A blog is not a vehicle to produce evidence

19 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

indeed it would be illegal for evidence to be in the public domain in advance of the court case so your expectations (that there might be) aren't realistic and make no sense.

But a blog, in order to be taken seriously, will want to be reporting as near to the truth as possible without breaching judicial codes and all I said was that particular blog was telling us nothing new but was written in such a way that it was saying it was. 

22 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

What is more revealing is why you (and ffs) in amongst all this speculation and despite the many commentators choose to take the line that denies the possibility of state wrongdoing.

Please point out where I denied the possibility of state wrongdoing.

Very much believe that this, or any, government, is capable of immense wrongdoing!

• Dildo 1

Craig Murray did post a blog a while back called "Yes, Minister" when he was in ill health (he has persistent respiratory illnesses, I believe). It is this blog that is referenced in his current court case. At the time, some restrictions weren't in place, so retrospectively you can work out a few of the false accusers (if you know who "Marmalade" is, the wider story takes shape).

As Rocket says, Murray does have great admiration for AS, so isn't completely unbiased, but when we consider the unionist media is the epitome of biased... no, as Rocket says, what is still to be more firmly established is motive. I posited a few theories a few pages back, but the one I come back to, besides the age-old "absolute power corrupts and power corrupts absolutely" truism, is a long-held grudge going back to 2004 when Swinney resigned. She was the frontrunner, until AS threw his hat in the ring late on and she had to take the booby prize and play second fiddle for a decade. 

(There is also talk of long-term hatred towards AS from the husband of convenience Murrell, though these are behind the scenes talks for which I've no firsthand information)