Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Darts

:laughing:

Bets come down to reasoning, here's an example for you, pro player playing in a big match, the night before his manager is telling people to back his opponent at a big price as his player doesn't want to win the match, is it a good or bad bet to back his opponent at 6/1 when there's a fairly big chance the game is going to be thrown?

Here's another, local football team is missing a lot of players and their manager is in a bookies asking for a price on their opponents, you follow the bet but they manage to hold on for a draw, is it a good or bad bet?

Bets come down to reasoning, here's an example for you, pro player playing in a big match, the night before his manager is telling people to back his opponent at a big price as his player doesn't want to win the match, is it a good or bad bet to back his opponent at 6/1 when there's a fairly big chance the game is going to be thrown?

Here's another, local football team is missing a lot of players and their manager is in a bookies asking for a price on their opponents, you follow the bet but they manage to hold on for a draw, is it a good or bad bet?

You're losing the plot. Go out and get a ride or something.

I've never in my life heard someone call a winning bet (no matter how long the odds were) a bad bet. Of course, I don't have a WhatsApp chat with professional gamblers so you'll know much more than me pal.

The first scenario you'd be pretty daft to gamble because unless the other player knows the fix is in (opening them both up to match-fixing allegations) then you're still betting on one human outperforming the other.

Second scenario is again daft because unless the players are actively trying to lose, why would you place it?

• Upvote 1

You're losing the plot. Go out and get a ride or something.

I've never in my life heard someone call a winning bet (no matter how long the odds were) a bad bet. Of course, I don't have a WhatsApp chat with professional gamblers so you'll know much more than me pal.

The first scenario you'd be pretty daft to gamble because unless the other player knows the fix is in (opening them both up to match-fixing allegations) then you're still betting on one human outperforming the other.

Second scenario is again daft because unless the players are actively trying to lose, why would you place it?

First one I should've said that the opponent is the good players practice partner and best mate.

Second one you're probably right but when the team only has 11 players and playing against one of the better teams in the league it's a good bet.

Hahaha and that's exactly why you'll never make money from betting, if you've not worked it out yet it was a palp, two bookies put the wrong price up and it was worth the bet as another bookies had him at 4/7 at the time.

doubt you would have got paid at 17/10 for Lewis to win his match as clearly a palp, and that prices were wrong way round on whatever site you used - there's something in small print in every bookies T+C if its clearly a palpable error then reserve right to amend prices

doubt you would have got paid at 17/10 for Lewis to win his match as clearly a palp, and that prices were wrong way round on whatever site you used - there's something in small print in every bookies T+C if its clearly a palpable error then reserve right to amend prices

Yeah I know but it was worth taking the chance, will never know if they'd have voided it or altered the price had he won, I'm taking that bet every time though.

Just watched the darts both matches were great

De Zwaan has been fantastic, putting up some serious numbers in his win and looks like a potential star, Anderson talking him up a lot too after the his match last night and is looking forward to the match, £45k for Ando getting the 9 is nice, he's been looking pretty good of late and historically the second half of the year if when he starts to turn the screw building up to the worlds.

I think Cullen played great but Anderson caused his own problems with his poor finishing. Cracking game overall and the 9 darter was just genius.

He's not entirely happy with his new set up, love the darts but said he needs to tweak with the flights as the dart was going too straight on the 20s and 19s.

Best I have ever seen.

£160k in the hipper is not too shabby either

He missed a lot of doubles but once he gets his set up fine tuned he'll be scary as fuck, feel sorry for Sully though outrageous performance, average and I believe he's hit a world record amount of 140s which is absurd.

Added Anderson for the worlds at a fair price, backed Cullen the other night too as his price was wrong.