Motherwell V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also read McCall's comments

"I have to give Aberdeen maximum credit for the way they defended with 10 men. They were outstanding. I genuinely can't criticise the players for their performance. I'll give credit to Aberdeen for their defending"

And before anyone says that he was bitching about the goal being chopped off..

" I don't think I've felt so low after a match so to go into the dressing room and see on the laptop that Suttons goal is onside topped the night off. A massive decision went against us but that's the way it has been going for us recently"

Note. No conspiracy, no we was robbed, no cream puffs and refusing to do interviews.

Fuck, I hate a likeable hun. It confuses me.

All this hun, mchun stuff is juvenile/retarded. It has destroyed too many threads on this forum.

Well done the manager, players and travelling support. Superb stuff all round.

totally agree.

Childish and a more than a little pathetic.

On a more positive note i think last night was the proudest I have felt of my team. The fans were excellent and once everybody filed in it looked as if we had just as many fans as them. What a performance !!

Caught up late with the result, been busy. I like to follow comments to find out result. Fantastic, down to 10 men I think oh dear, pessimism feeds comments and slowly, slowly I find out we win 2-0. I predicted 1-0 but happy to be proved wrong. I said winner of tie would win cup, no change. I stopped reading thread cos people were getting sucked in by redstar. i blocked him ages ago but if he is quoted you still see his comments. Boy has 0 credibility and either he's on the wind up and it's fn boring or he's just fn.....BORING. FUCK OFF REDSTAR, SEIZE THE DAY. Or don't and be completely miserable if we win the cup.

For me, a superb result but let's not ignore the fact that despite being given multiple warnings in the form of the disallowed goal and the red card, we didn't "wake up" until ... Well, Considine's goal more-or-less. We could hardly string a pass together, let alone play any kind of football that might build to something. Yes, we had a man less but we made Motherwell look far, far better than they were by conspiring to pass the ball straight to them - and I don't mean by punting balls over the top, or panic clearances - I mean straight to them from six yards.

Dons' Set pieces were with the exception of the corner for Considine's BULLDOZER, were abysmal.

Superb engine on Wilo Flood; he never stopped running. Vital block from Langfield to stop what seemed a certain goal for the Well, but by God his kicking is absolutely dreadful.

Still, this is the mark of a capable team; putting in a sub-standard performance, and snatching victory.

I'm sure I could hear the sonic boom from Hayes' shot as he rifled it into the net. He looked up, picked his spot and absolutely launched it.

Incredible support and what an atmosphere at the end.

For me, a superb result but let's not ignore the fact that despite being given multiple warnings in the form of the disallowed goal and the red card, we didn't "wake up" until ... Well, Considine's goal more-or-less. We could hardly string a pass together, let alone play any kind of football that might build to something. Yes, we had a man less but we made Motherwell look far, far better than they were by conspiring to pass the ball straight to them - and I don't mean by punting balls over the top, or panic clearances - I mean straight to them from six yards.

Dons' Set pieces were with the exception of the corner for Considine's BULLDOZER, were abysmal.

Superb engine on Wilo Flood; he never stopped running.

Still, this is the mark of a capable team; putting in a sub-standard performance, and snatching victory.

I'm sure I could hear the sonic boom from Hayes' shot as he rifled it into the net. He looked up, picked his spot and absolutely launched it.

We were down to 10 from the 13th minute give them a break.

Superb engine on Wilo Flood; he never stopped running. Vital block from Langfield to stop what seemed a certain goal for the Well, but by God his kicking is absolutely dreadful.

In the cold harsh light of day, you're pretty spot on with the assessment.

A Jack free kick in the 2nd half was shocking.

Couldn't even get it past the first man and surrendered possession again.

We were down to 10 from the 13th minute give them a break.

True, but does that excuse the facts that he stated above?

I'm delighted we're through, but when we did have possession, a lot of the time we squandered it and were wasteful.

There's plenty there for McInnes to work on and I highly doubt that he'll be satisfied by the performance.

'It was gutsy' were his words. Correct, Not possession, fast flowing football.

Like a speeding bobsleigh needs its brakeman, this runaway train of Dons optimism also need the occasional (very occasional) dose of "haud on, we're nae Barca. Yet." as provided here by Terrorfex.

Good to go mental, as I did last night when we scored. And great to wake up with that feeling of joy, and anticipation for the draw (and plotting how the fuck I'm going to sell a trip back to Scotland next spring (MAYBE) to a heavily pregnant missus) has been magnificent.

We are definitely going somewhere with DMc. Nae harm in a bit of objectivity about the performance though.

In the cold harsh light of day, you're pretty spot on with the assessment.

A Jack free kick in the 2nd half was shocking.

Couldn't even get it past the first man and surrendered possession again.

True, but does that excuse the facts that he stated above?

I'm delighted we're through, but when we did have possession, a lot of the time we squandered it and were wasteful.

There's plenty there for McInnes to work on and I highly doubt that he'll be satisfied by the performance.

'It was gutsy' were his words. Correct, Not possession, fast flowing football.

Ball retention was poor first half and actually thought we started terrible with 11!

Second half massive improvement and we got stronger as the game progressed.