Whilst we're on the subject, the following players have no clubs:

Julius Agahowa

Amr Zaki

Freddy Adu

Adriano

David Bentley

Cherno Samba

Any of them would be great banter!!

I agree that if Tate is fit and can get upto match fitness quickly then he could be a great signing, lots of experience and I remember seeing him play really well for Swansea a couple of seasons ago in the championship.

Decent loan signing.

Can play anywhere across the back.

Prodiminantly a right sided defender.

So we'll say bye to Hector and hi to Tate at Killie.

Going by redweb, it doesn't sound like we've totally given up on Hector coming back.

"I've made no secret of the fact that, even if Michael does come back, we are pretty short in terms of cover in that department, and I'm delighted to bring in someone with Alan's experience"

*groan*

"While Alan is predominantly a centre back, he can also play at full back if required, and he'll go straight into the squad for Sunday."

There you go. The centre back who CAN play at full back... yep. Oh well. Hope he's ok. Maybe with experience he'll be better cover at full back than Hector was.

On the upside, McInnes has obviously been doing his homework to get ahead of the game to be able to bring out this signing so early in the window.

He's doing what any proper manager should be doing. Something we've missed over the last good number of years. It's amazing how doing the little things, the things you are hired to do, can make such a big difference to a team.

Know absolutely nothing about this geezer but looks like he has a good background and has played at a decent level so should be able to handle the SPFL.

Unfortunately I'd say this means Hector aint expected back, if he was they would've taken this guy on a month with the option to extend at the end of it.

Hard to get excited when you know nothing about a player but hopefully he'll fit in quickly and stay fit. Looks decent on paper anyhoo.

Know absolutely nothing about this geezer but looks like he has a good background and has played at a decent level so should be able to handle the SPFL.

Unfortunately I'd say this means Hector aint expected back, if he was they would've taken this guy on a month with the option to extend at the end of it.

Hard to get excited when you know nothing about a player but hopefully he'll fit in quickly and stay fit. Looks decent on paper anyhoo.

From what I've heard Hector is desperate to stay.

If we keep Hector we will have 5 centre halfs capable of playing full back (Reynolds, Considine, Hector, Shaughnessey & Tate) but no actual full back thats made more than a handful of starts.

As I've already stated due to having superior tactical knowledge, the system we are playing allows for us to have a narrow back 4.

Still think we need a full back if we need to change our tactics throughout a game for whatever reason.

From what I've heard Hector is desperate to stay.

I've seen a few people say this... yet

“If I get a chance to play at Reading then that would be great for me,” he said.

“To play for them is obviously my goal so we’ll see what happens in January.

“Playing for the first team is the reason I’ve been going out on loan. That’s why I’ve been trying to get so much experience. It’s getting to the stage now where it’s really close. It’s just about getting that breakthrough.”