Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

I wasn't having a go at you SOTR. What I do think is a big deal is medical professionals talking so flippantly about the medical history of someone just because they're in the public eye.

FWIW I wish you well with the route you're going down, nightmare at your somewhat youthful presumed age

No worries, was aware you weren’t having a go....Cheers!

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Parklife said:

What a man. 

Great show of all his old grit, determination and will to win last night. It was just like old times watching him battle through a marathon match at a slam. 

A very tough match next up against Auger-Alliassaime though. 

Impressive win.

Even more impressive considering he announced his retirement early last year... or so everyone in the press assumed. ?

• 2 years later...

I had the Andy Murray match on in the background there. He's still got the hunger to win, he was 3 match points down on the other guy's serve and somehow managed to go on win.

They kept showing folk in the crowd with a dons supporters flag - anyone on here a member of the Doha Aberdeen supporters club?

Even with a defeat today he'll be back inside the top 50. A win and he'll be in the top 40. A great platform to build off going in to Indian Wells and Miami, where there's a ton of points on offer. 

Not sure if he'll play much clay court this year, so the points he gains over the next month will be absolutely critical if he's going to manage to get himself seeded for Wimbledon. If he does that and can avoid a seed until round 3, he'll really set himself up for one last bit run. 

What a guy he is. ❤️

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Even with a defeat today he'll be back inside the top 50. A win and he'll be in the top 40. A great platform to build off going in to Indian Wells and Miami, where there's a ton of points on offer. 

Not sure if he'll play much clay court this year, so the points he gains over the next month will be absolutely critical if he's going to manage to get himself seeded for Wimbledon. If he does that and can avoid a seed until round 3, he'll really set himself up for one last bit run. 

What a guy he is. ❤️

Surprised he beat Zverev!?  That's a big scalp?

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Surprised he beat Zverev!?  That's a big scalp?

Zverev just coming back from his ankle injury last year. Big name but not at 100%. A good win nonetheless though. Yesterdays win was a good one too, up against a talented up and coming player. 

Medvedev today a real test against one of the very, very best. 

Guest milne_afc

What happened on the final point of his match yesterday? The opponent looked like he wasn’t even trying but looked genuinely shook when Murray won it.

• 1 year later...