Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Calzaghe v Jones Jr. anyone going to watch it?

Think it is Calzaghe's toughest test yet, not sure if he will win, I am still undecided.

Anyone know what time it is due to start?

Calzaghe v Jones Jr. anyone going to watch it?

Think it is Calzaghe's toughest test yet, not sure if he will win, I am still undecided.

Anyone know what time it is due to start?

probably at stupid o'clock again

i'll miss it. the hotel i'm staying at wont have it so its sky+ and watch it when i get back.

Roy Jones Jnr along with Calzaghe are 2 of of my favourite fighters of all time. Both are class acts guy unlike that racist pr*ck Hopkins. Although i'm really looking forawad to the fight, although i may miss it due to being a drunken shambles. Its a good job they repeat it the next day on Setanta :dontknow:

Hoping Calzaghe wins, to go undefeated through a career as long as Calzaghe has been around is remarkable.

Calzaghe to take it on points.

6 out of his last 8 have been on points, and that's when he has been fighting opposition of the same class as Jones, not when he was starting against much poorer fighters, he is not a powerful puncher compared to some.

Guest LondonScottish
6 out of his last 8 have been on points, and that's when he has been fighting opposition of the same class as Jones, not when he was starting against much poorer fighters, he is not a powerful puncher compared to some.

He's had 45 fights, won 45 of which 32 wins were by knockout.

Guest LondonScottish
Quality fight.

Looked like it was gonna be a bit of a battle for Joe after the knockdown in the 1st, but after he composed himself, the showboating begun, and he absolutley destroyed him.

Looking forward to the re-match in Cardiff.

seriously hope that Super Joe retires now

was watching an interview before the RJJ fight and he was slurring his words and rubbing his face all the time classic signs of getting punchy

46 fights is a lot, and even though he dont do much sparring, and hardly got hit, the cumulative effect of 20 years of boxing must take its toll.

Hes got nothing else to prove, cleaned up the division. something tells me he is going to go on until he gets beat tho.

Should be a good one, never seen the guy barret before but I have seen Haye and he is good, not sure who ill win as it's Haye's first fight since moving up to heavy Weight.

Guest LondonScottish
Should be a good one, never seen the guy barret before but I have seen Haye and he is good, not sure who ill win as it's Haye's first fight since moving up to heavy Weight.

Haye will absolutely blow him away.