Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Watched the Calzaghe fight for the first time last night , So so one sided apart from the first round.

Be a shame if ne does now retire, Still has much to give the sport but who else is there for him to fight.

Kessler rematch would be good but maybe Calzaghe see's that as a risk he doesnt need.

David Haye fights tonight and if he wins his next match will be against Klitschko

Guest LondonScottish
hehe aye right

he's hard as a coffin nail

but he stinks at boxing, he wins by hedbutting and elbowing folk into submission

mayweather schooled him and made him headbut a turnbuckle

funniest thing ive seen in boxing

You sound like you watch little boxing, and just happened to see the Mayweather fight by accident, and are now an expert. :fishing:

Guest LondonScottish
Haye will absolutely blow him away.

Speed and power. Knock-out in 5. I thought this might have finished in 3 or 4 beforehand, but all credit to Haye. :blahblah1:

Speed and power. Knock-out in 5. I thought this might have finished in 3 or 4 beforehand, but all credit to Haye. :blahblah1:

Pretty impressive,

Just need Hatton to win next week ,

Just wonder if Haye could take a punch from a heavyweight, Saying that the heavyweight division in general is poor.

Guest LondonScottish
Pretty impressive,

Just wonder if Haye could take a punch from a heavyweight, Saying that the heavyweight division in general is poor.

I think with his speed (movement and punching) he could probably stay clear, but he is a very different heavyweight. Be interesting to see what happens when he comes up against someone really good.

I think with his speed (movement and punching) he could probably stay clear, but he is a very different heavyweight. Be interesting to see what happens when he comes up against someone really good.

Is there anyone at that weight who is really good,

Difficult to tell if Klitschko is good, or just the best of a bad bunch.

Guest LondonScottish
Is there anyone at that weight who is really good,

Difficult to tell if Klitschko is good, or just the best of a bad bunch.

Its definitely not got the same aura it had a few years ago.

You sound like you watch little boxing, and just happened to see the Mayweather fight by accident, and are now an expert. :lolrangers:

As usual LS your opening gambit is an insult

Im not going to do the usual, and tell you to get out more, get a bird/life, etc

I have no idea how much boxing you watched so im not going to make any ridiculous statements about your personal knowledge of boxing.

If you would like to discuss rather than insult then ok im happy to give my opinion of Hatton.

Brawler with mediocre talents with incredible engine and endurance. Trouble is that only gets you so far and once you step in with the best you will get found out.

I know your next attack will involve Kosta Tszu who he beat a few years ago. In my opinion Tszu was ahead on points easily before the headbutts and Tszu being an old man he ran out of steam. Hatton didnt knock him out, he stopped an old washed up champion with no punch left, and he still had to basically cheat to win, Ive never seen so many foul blows and headbutts in a fight and the ref did nothing. It was a total fix and Hatton should have been sent to the dressing room. so next he fights some more washed up hand picked bums and then gets utterly spanked by Mayweather. The guy woke up apologising. Talk about a beating. He is nowhere near world class and his unbeaten record was filled with domestic no-hopers. Mayweather has been in with all the best of his generation. Hatton was embarrasingly outclassed. It was almost a no contest, the ref should have called it off and the promoters charged with disrepute for setting that up. Hatton is the sort of boxer who leads with the head, he takes 10 punched to get one in. He is the sort who get punchdrunk and give boxing a bad name. Boxong is the art of pugilism within a predefined set of rules. Its not about getting you brains mashed in.

I agree Hatton can be good to watch, excites the public, and satisfies the skinheads and lager louts who follow him about. Its like a football crowd atmosphere. Nevertheless he is a very skint poor mans version of Barry McGuigan. Ill safely lay any bets that if hatton ever gets back in the ring with a Top Top fighter he will get his brains handed to him again.

So whats your opinion of Hattons talents. Maybe you rate him up there with british greats. Calzaghe? Lennox? Hamed? Watson? Eubank? Benn? McGuigan? sorry if you know anything about boxing you would never put him in this bracket.

Haye has promised a ko within the first half of the fight. AWESOME

He made the promise and then delivered, nice one, either of the brothr for him now, and like LS said his speed is enough to keep him out of much danger, he can easily take a hit but he is more athletic than most in that divison which makes him one of the best, it's good that heavy weight now has someone decent in it.

Haya is going to get hammered if he steps in with the Klitschkos.

Haye is technically very good, and has some beautiful combinations, and he looks in good shape. Trouble for me is that he is a pumped up cruiserweight. He dont have the power to trouble the 18 stone guys. He also has no stamina, if he dont knock them out in the first few rounds then he is in trouble.

I think its fair to say he wont knock either of the Klitschkos out unless he lands a hayemaker. conversely he is in grave danger of a KTFO if the fight goes any distance.

Anyone who doubts this can refer to his humiliating defeat to Carl thompson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhWh3tN5s4M

I feel sorry for the guy, its a British problem, as London Scottish pointed out so well, to elevate our sportsmen above their ability. We have seen it with Hatton, a good domestic boxer who got hammered when he went in with the best. Haye should hang about and work on his stamina, make a play for the HW's later in his career. Nothing wrong with being CW champ, good enough for legends like Holyfield, but the big bucks are in the HW and he is having his head turned. When Klitschko knocks him out then where does he go? Us brits should learn not to spoil our sportsmen, and be honest with them about their ability. When a true contender comes along like Lennox or Calzaghe then we should be happy, why is it that our top domestic boxers especially have to get pushed into fights they are never going to win to satisfy the publics passions?