Wrestling Thread

robbo

since the old one was quite popular, may aswell get a new one going.

ive enjoyed the whole nexus angle so far. most interesting thing to happen in years to be fair to them but it had fizzled out over the past 2 months or so.

delighted to see them split and go to different brands similar to the nWo. interesting to see what they do with it now as 2 entities.

felt strange watching RAW and seeing goliath from the recent sky1 version of the gladiators now aligning himself wi the new nexus.

UK wrestlers taking over just now.

Sheamus, Drew MacIntyre, Wade Barrett and now Mason Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

It does become a sport when you piss off the likes of Kurt Angle and William Regal and they decide to go into shoot mode on you! :poster_oops:

had to laugh at venis shooting on hardy last week from the driver seat. couldnt wait 10 minutes to get where he was going then do a coherent video. the rage must have been uncontrollable.

had to laugh at venis shooting on hardy last week from the driver seat. couldnt wait 10 minutes to get where he was going then do a coherent video. the rage must have been uncontrollable.

Haha, no I don't mean talking a shoot. I mean, William Regal type shoot wrestling. That man could really hurt you if he wanted with what he knows. Pretty sure he f**ked up Bill Goldberg once aswell.

christ almighty. i f**king loathe when people say its acting or its fake.

outcomes are pre-determined. they have a quick chat before matches to make sure they both get all their big moves in to please the crowd.

but the one thing its not is acting. look at the physiques on these guys. they are (mostly) huge, and we know its not steroids since thats a thing of the past. nobody uses roids anymore.

im not even going to touch on the mental stuff of falling off ladders or taking razor blades to their heads, the basic sh*t of bouncing off those ropes - taking multiple hits to the kidneys off those ropes; when you see the bruising and how much training they have to do, these guys are some of the fittest individuals in any sport.

all these guys do the tv shows twice a week then do live house shows 3-4 times a week. 300 days a year of throwing themselves around, taking hit after hit, fall after fall.

Yes, there is a degree of hamming it up to make both guys look good, but its not bloody acting.

Thought the rumble was ace, good couple of surprises that if you'd said to me a year ago they'd be there, I would have laughed.

Great first match, Ziggler is one for the future.

Good ending to the Rumble as well, they've obviously got their sights set high on that lad. I think he can be a brilliant bad guy.

Nae wanting to spoil it!

outcomes are pre-determined. they have a quick chat before matches to make sure they both get all their big moves in to please the crowd.

but the one thing its not is acting. look at the physiques on these guys. they are (mostly) huge, and we know its not steroids since thats a thing of the past. nobody uses roids anymore.

im not even going to touch on the mental stuff of falling off ladders or taking razor blades to their heads, the basic sh*t of bouncing off those ropes - taking multiple hits to the kidneys off those ropes; when you see the bruising and how much training they have to do, these guys are some of the fittest individuals in any sport.

all these guys do the tv shows twice a week then do live house shows 3-4 times a week. 300 days a year of throwing themselves around, taking hit after hit, fall after fall.

Yes, there is a degree of hamming it up to make both guys look good, but its not bloody acting.

:laughing:

easy easy easy easy easy

Guys acting in tights suplexing one another off tables, and cutting themselves with razor blades and lying on one another to get a 3 count excites you?

Pffffft, better acting in Tik I High Road, and we a' kain at's sh*te!

oh aye, whenever someone climbs to the top turnbuckle and stands there waiting, im often found nursing a semi :rolleyes:

Thought the rumble was ace, good couple of surprises that if you'd said to me a year ago they'd be there, I would have laughed.

Great first match, Ziggler is one for the future.

Good ending to the Rumble as well, they've obviously got their sights set high on that lad. I think he can be a brilliant bad guy.

Nae wanting to spoil it!

There was a bit of a lull in the middle but overall the Rumble match was brilliant. I was about out of my chair for number 32! :thumbs:

Absolutely spot on about the first match - if they get behind Ziggler and push him right he'll go far.

im not even going to touch on the mental stuff of falling off ladders or taking razor blades to their heads, the basic sh*t of bouncing off those ropes - taking multiple hits to the kidneys off those ropes; when you see the bruising and how much training they have to do, these guys are some of the fittest individuals in any entertainment.

Sorted it for you.

Wrestling is sh*te. I never liked it as a child and still don't like it now.

Big muscle bound fella prancing aboot in lycra and all oiled up. Nae for me.

:sleeping: