Wrestling Thread

robbo

ive always had a fondness for the also rans. your max moons, stevie richards', santino (pre-push), chris masters (initial run, pish now). the guys who arent all that great but are reliable.

really grown on chavo in recent months. is there anyone more under-used and under-appreciated in WWE than chavo. he works like a dog, can make sh*te like hornswoggle look like a machine, and whats the lofty height hes achieved? tag champion wi eddie, mainly because of eddies popularity. im not going to count the ecw title but its the guys like him that bulk up the undercard greatly and its an absolute travesty that hes left to rot on superstars.

never normally watch TNA but just noticed genesis was on challenge so thought id give it a go.

what an absolute mess. it was just all over the shop floor start to finish.

this product is meant to compete wi WWE? im not saying WWE is perfect, far from it, but the few times ive watched TNA, the only positives ive ever seen have been AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Abyss. Rest are all pretty poor and clearly mid carders.

never normally watch TNA but just noticed genesis was on challenge so thought id give it a go.

what an absolute mess. it was just all over the shop floor start to finish.

this product is meant to compete wi WWE? im not saying WWE is perfect, far from it, but the few times ive watched TNA, the only positives ive ever seen have been AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Abyss. Rest are all pretty poor and clearly mid carders.

TNA is an absolute shambles from top to bottom though.

People say WWE doesn't plan for the long term - TNA almost seem to work from week to week.

The only guys who you have the "star" aura about them are the ex-WWE guys. Even then only Angle would be able to walk back into WWE today and be a bona-fide main-eventer.

Jeff Hardy (who working for Vince is one of the biggest draws in wrestling) has lost almost everything that made him a star in WWE.

The main problem is how are you supposed to establish characters to a TV audience when your live crowd get into the shows for free? Apart from 20/30 diehards the rest of the crowd are just holidaymakers at Universal Studios who don't care.

TNA is an absolute shambles from top to bottom though.

People say WWE doesn't plan for the long term - TNA almost seem to work from week to week.

The only guys who you have the "star" aura about them are the ex-WWE guys. Even then only Angle would be able to walk back into WWE today and be a bona-fide main-eventer.

Jeff Hardy (who working for Vince is one of the biggest draws in wrestling) has lost almost everything that made him a star in WWE.

The main problem is how are you supposed to establish characters to a TV audience when your live crowd get into the shows for free? Apart from 20/30 diehards the rest of the crowd are just holidaymakers at Universal Studios who don't care.

That's probably going to be me and the bird in May.

If I get near the front I'm definitely going to Hulk up and rip my shirt if I see a camera pointing in my direction.

It also helps if the fan base isn't all marks for Movesz!!!!

I stopped watching TNA just a few weeks after I started. When the wrestlers are just doing move after move after move after move showing no effects of them actually doing anything, then you know something is wrong.

A lot of them need to stop being spot monkeys and actually learn how to work.

Ooh, got a bit into Triple H mode, but what he says is right alot of the time.

TNA is passsh.

I'd be delighted if it was Sting back for Takers final match at WM. Not going to happen though.

Can't see anyone but Cena v Taker at Wrestlemania :(

Definitely not Sting. Not with the new vignette on Raw that has I think part of a Johnny Cash song over the top singing "Aint no grave can keep my body down."

It's so Taker.

I like TNA for one reason, it's not PG rated. As soon as the WWE became PG rated it all went downhill and the focus was completely taken away from the 'wrestling'.

I went to see TNA live at Universal last year, took the gf, my brother and his gf were there also. Was a really good laugh and everyone thought so.

I like TNA for one reason, it's not PG rated. As soon as the WWE became PG rated it all went downhill and the focus was completely taken away from the 'wrestling'.

I went to see TNA live at Universal last year, took the gf, my brother and his gf were there also. Was a really good laugh and everyone thought so.

When I jokingly asked my bird if we could go it was because I had remembered you saying you went when you were in Orlando last year. She surprised me by saying yes so we'll go along and see what the craic is.

If you listen carefully at 2:40 you can hear Davey Boy say "He fell on his @rse, He fell flat on his f(_)cking @rse". :laughing:

One of the funniest moments ever in wrestling. I've seen a clip on youtube where Dusty Rhodes, who provided the voice of the shockmaster talks about it and they practiced it earlier, it went fine, but when they repaired the wall for the taping, they added an extra 2 x 4 across the bottom, Tugboat didn't know this, and did it the same way, thus the legendary 'Shockmaster' was born.

Also well done to Sid Viscous for being able not to laugh for the rest of the skit.

One of the funniest moments ever in wrestling. I've seen a clip on youtube where Dusty Rhodes, who provided the voice of the shockmaster talks about it and they practiced it earlier, it went fine, but when they repaired the wall for the taping, they added an extra 2 x 4 across the bottom, Tugboat didn't know this, and did it the same way, thus the legendary 'Shockmaster' was born.

Also well done to Sid Viscous for being able not to laugh for the rest of the skit.

It was Dusty who came up with the whole Shockmaster idea. It was actually Ole Anderson who voiced him originally I believe, then in the skit with DX, they got Arn Anderson to try and do the voice or something.

It was destined to fail. A wrestler in a glittered up Stormtrooper helmet was never gonna draw money!

the bloody trailers wwe keep showing for it is less trailer and more cliff notes

dont feel the need to watch that film even when it comes on sky because i feel ive already seen the whole damn thing

best wwe type film though is still suburban commando. f**king quality.

nostalgia critic had it right - the best part is easily this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8zz95rm8s

im going to take a stab in the dark with 2 comments:

1) anyone else bored to tears of vikki guererro? i bloody well am. this angle where she as acting GM makes life misery for the champion was annoying 3 years ago when she was stacking the deck against the undertaker banning the hells gate and putting him in seemingly un-winable circumstances...but for creative to think lets do it all again with the same woman makes me hate smackdown.

2) also bored of michael cole. hes far too over pushed. you cant watch any WWE programming without hearing his voice drone on and on. ive never been a fan of the colour commentator. i hated when bobby heenan and lawler were doing it back in the early 90s and i still hate it now.

im going to take a stab in the dark with 2 comments:

1) anyone else bored to tears of vikki guererro? i bloody well am. this angle where she as acting GM makes life misery for the champion was annoying 3 years ago when she was stacking the deck against the undertaker banning the hells gate and putting him in seemingly un-winable circumstances...but for creative to think lets do it all again with the same woman makes me hate smackdown.

2) also bored of michael cole. hes far too over pushed. you cant watch any WWE programming without hearing his voice drone on and on. ive never been a fan of the colour commentator. i hated when bobby heenan and lawler were doing it back in the early 90s and i still hate it now.

Blasphemy!

Anyways, you know what I HATE? People who post spoilers on facebook and the like the morning after the event! I mean come on, have some consideration. Even on a wrestling forum or thread I'd expect them to at least be in spoiler tags!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Blasphemy!

Anyways, you know what I HATE? People who post spoilers on facebook and the like the morning after the event! I mean come on, have some consideration. Even on a wrestling forum or thread I'd expect them to at least be in spoiler tags!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Why should people not talk about an event until it's ok'd by you? I personally think that's a load of pish Patty.

The morning after and it's no longer a spoiler IMO.