Darts

10 hours ago, Roberto said:

Superb. Darts goes up a level year upon year.

It's interesting, before the last 3 major tournaments of the year I felt the top players had stagnated and some were just out of form where as the overall standard had probably gone up.  Now as seen in the worlds it's as if every cunt has kicked on a gear, now not every match at the worlds was a classic, some really poor ones but after Christmas day they went bonkers, easily some of the best darts I've ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...

World Seniors Championships starts tomorrow night, and it's on BT Sport.

Should be a laugh.

World Seniors Championship 2022 Schedule of Play

Thursday February 3

First Round

7pm-11pm
Robert Thornton v Bob Anderson
Peter Manley v Deta Hedman
Tony O’Shea v Kevin Painter
Darryl Fitton v Richie Howson

Friday February 4

First Round

Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm)
Les Wallace v John Walton
Paul Lim v Dave Prins
Alan Warriner-Little v Larry Butler
Terry Jenkins v Roland Scholten

Second Round

Evening Session (7pm-11pm)
Wayne Warren v O’Shea/Painter
Martin Adams v Fitton/Howson
Phil Taylor v Manley/Hedman
Trina Gulliver v Thornton/Anderson

Saturday February 5

Second Round

John Part v Wallace/Walton
John Lowe v Lim/Prins
Keith Deller v Warriner-Little/Butler
Lisa Ashton v Jenkins/Scholten

Quarter-Finals

Part/Wallace/Walton v Ashton/Jenkins/Scholten
Lowe/Lim/Prins v Gulliver/Thornton/Anderson
Taylor/Manley/Hedman v Warren/O’Shea/Painter
Adams/Fitton/Howson v Deller/Warriner-Little/Butler

Sunday February 6

Semi-Finals

Final

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Was not there last night, but the Aberdeen crowd getting a lot of stick for being “rowdy”. 

Lighten up, it’s a darts party. The PDC have taken darts to a different level. If they want to promote the PL darts as a party, let them. 

Long live the darts, and parties, and beers and PDC dancers. 

I was there, proper party atmosphere before and during the Gary Anderson game. Soon as he got beat that was it... apart from  a few renditions of Super John McGinn and England get battered you could have practically heard a pin drop. Didn't help that the darts on display was pretty crap all round.

Not sure why the Aberdeen crowd in particular is getting stick, the darts has become a bit of a pantomime. Every venue will have their favourites and those they just don't like at all.

Would be more concerned with the idiots chucking beer about every time there was a 180. At £7.50 a pint there was no way my beer was going anywhere but my mouth.

12 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I was there, proper party atmosphere before and during the Gary Anderson game. Soon as he got beat that was it... apart from  a few renditions of Super John McGinn and England get battered you could have practically heard a pin drop. Didn't help that the darts on display was pretty crap all round.

Not sure why the Aberdeen crowd in particular is getting stick, the darts has become a bit of a pantomime. Every venue will have their favourites and those they just don't like at all.

Would be more concerned with the idiots chucking beer about every time there was a 180. At £7.50 a pint there was no way my beer was going anywhere but my mouth.

My son and his mates were there and said it was quieter than normal. But yes, fuck queuing 1/2 an hour for a £7.50 pint and then throwing it in the air. 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...