Paul Lawrie's Corner

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 9:54 PM, rocket_scientist said:

The best Scottish golfer in my lifetime?

No question. Paul Lawrie, and that's not me being biased. Yes we know Monty won 8 x OoM's including 7 in a row. Yes we know Lyle won two majors (and was undoubtedly the most gifted of ball-strikers) but like Hogan, Paul dug his swing and his success "out of the dirt".

He gets my vote because he deserved it. He had a work ethic, upon which he built a phenomenal attitude and results to go with it. 

Thank you rocket but in my time Sandy Lyle is the best Scottish player with Monty a close second, I did well considering where I was when I turned pro and my wife and I have done some good work off the course, I’ve had some amazing help from sponsors etc with our foundation and will now work even harder now bringing through the next generation. I enjoy that side of it more than playing now and is very rewarding but still feel I can win some seniors events       Thanks paul      

rs 

• Upvote 6
15 minutes ago, paullawrie said:

Thank you rocket but in my time Sandy Lyle is the best Scottish player with Monty a close second, I did well considering where I was when I turned pro and my wife and I have done some good work off the course, I’ve had some amazing help from sponsors etc with our foundation and will now work even harder now bringing through the next generation. I enjoy that side of it more than playing now and is very rewarding but still feel I can win some seniors events       Thanks paul      

rs 

Nice one loon. A proper NE legend and AFC fan. Hope your injury niggles go away. My loon is a member at your course and enjoys the more casual aspect of golf rather than some stuffier golf clubs. 

On 9/10/2020 at 12:58 PM, Reed or deed said:

Colin Montgomerie proved his abilities and qualities beyond any reasonable doubt during his career, in many various aspects of the game. He was in the cauldron at majors coming down the stretch but through no real fault of his own didn’t manage to win.

I seem to remember him  completely bottling one on the last few holes.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:01 AM, paullawrie said:

rs 

I hope the next stage is just as fruitful and you help to bring through a few future stars!

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Predictions for the Masters?  I've stuck a couple of quid on Cameron Champ to finish top 10 at 7/1.  Never heard of him tbh,  but the Racing Post tipped his as a decent outsider each way bet and his name bodes well. 

You could've just backed him e/w with skybet at 55/1 11 places.