Lesner looked in superb shape from what I've seen, such an achievement in a clean sport like UFC.

He's in amazing shape. Even WWE have pretty strict drugs policy these days, the top guy is serving a 30 day suspension.

The Sage Northcutt fight was decent. Fuck knows how he got out of this armbar...

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/other/sage-northcutt-performs-houdini-escape-impossible-armbar-lock-ufc-200

Aye, right enough I'd forgotten about that.

The main card was gash.

He's in amazing shape. Even WWE have pretty strict drugs policy these days, the top guy is serving a 30 day suspension.

Aye, right enough I'd forgotten about that.

The main card was gash.

Brock would have no need to take peds to keep in shape. It's not like he's wrestling 300 odd days a year and can't train properly due to the crazy schedule.

• 1 month later...

Another ropey card from the UFC. Hopefully thats the end of the CM Punk circus, he got well and truly owned. Both heavyweight fights were a bit of a letdown also. Strange defence from Overeem.

Went to a MMA event last night in Bangkok, the majority aren't the most technically gifted fighters in the world so you get some brutal all out scraps. Two big heavyweights completely gassed out and were just stroking each other by the 3rd round until one fell over and the ref stopped it. Another Cambodian boy got sparked out by a punch then soccer kick to the head as he was landing. In typical Thai fashion the ambulance that was meant for him took one of the heavyweights away instead so the boy was just left lying fucked backstage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

McGregor was so dominant the last fight was a bit of an anti climax.

Highlights of the night was as been said the 4th round of Wonderboy and Woodley, Yoel Romero knock out of Weidman and Khabib just smothering Johnson.

Those Polish girls were fucking hard as nails as well.

McGregor wont want to fight Khabib he will duck him and take time off as he has a kid.

McGregor was so dominant the last fight was a bit of an anti climax.

Highlights of the night was as been said the 4th round of Wonderboy and Woodley, Yoel Romero knock out of Weidman and Khabib just smothering Johnson.

Those Polish girls were fucking hard as nails as well.

McGregor wont want to fight Khabib he will duck him and take time off as he has a kid.

He already begun the dodging at the post fight press conference.

Claimed he'll only fight people he knows will turn up and that Khabib has only fought once in 8 years due to injury.

To be fair though McGregor has 2 belts, is the UFC draw and can pick who he wants and when he wants.

His team are touting another Diaz fight, probably the only fight that would have a huge money appeal unless they can finally goad Mayweather out of retirement. Saying that, I doubt that would be anything but a boxing match and McGregor wouldnt have the conditioning for 12 rounds so I doubt that will ever happen.

Claimed he'll only fight people he knows will turn up and that Khabib has only fought once in 8 years due to injury.

To be fair though McGregor has 2 belts, is the UFC draw and can pick who he wants and when he wants.

His team are touting another Diaz fight, probably the only fight that would have a huge money appeal unless they can finally goad Mayweather out of retirement. Saying that, I doubt that would be anything but a boxing match and McGregor wouldnt have the conditioning for 12 rounds so I doubt that will ever happen.

Khabib is very injury prone and has pulled out of several fights in the last couple of years. He should be fighting Tony Ferguson for the title shot.

I don't think Conor would duck Khabib. He fought Mendes at short notice, he fought Diaz at short notice at a higher weight. Two guys with the ground kills to destroy him, and only one did. Factor in that McGregor gassed badly in that fight when he was on top. That was a fight too far.

Khabib is very injury prone and has pulled out of several fights in the last couple of years. He should be fighting Tony Ferguson for the title shot.

I don't think Conor would duck Khabib. He fought Mendes at short notice, he fought Diaz at short notice at a higher weight. Two guys with the ground kills to destroy him, and only one did. Factor in that McGregor gassed badly in that fight when he was on top. That was a fight too far.

I dont think its about ducking him because he's running scared, I think its more about Khabib having no box office draw and fighting in a style that doesnt really suit McGregor. McGregor is about 2 things in UFC as far as i can see, creating a legacy and making millions each fight. The UFC legend legacy he's trying to create would be damaged if Khabib did manage to take him down and smother him and the money wouldnt be there fighting him.

Its just not the sort of fight I see him going for, winning gets him very little, losing damages his position.

A shot at the WW title against Woodley would be massive, probably a bigger fight than Alvarez, although it'll be hard to top the NYC/MSG occasion last weekend. A 3 weight champion would never be beaten though. That match would have been impossible 2 years ago with the ranking system and the fact Wonderboy obviously deserves a rematch but McGregors changed everything now. Back it up with Khabib v El Cucuy and Aldo v Holloway (for Aldo's interm belt although McGregor can drop it after his match) and you've got a card to rival 205.

I think it will be Diaz though, rumours for it to happen in Brooklyn. One more fight then i don't think you'll see him for a year after the birth of his kid.