Nba

Stoney

• 5 years later...

That would be good, each of them are freaks in their own right, Lebron physically is a phenom I'd say.

There's a crazy stat with Lebron where he's spent almost 0.03% of his life playing play off basketball

For me, MJ is the best I have seen. He was mostly surrounded by great players though. Kobe was amazing and was carrying the Lakers on his back towards the end of his career.

Lebron has been phenomenal wherever he has played though. Didn't look like he was ever going to get that first championship until Miami. Look at him now.

MJ was the greatest player in the greatest team of all time. Look at the talent he had surrounding him (Scotty Pippen etc).

Lebron is certainly the best player I've seen since that great Bulls team.

A player I love to watch highlight reels off and is arguably one of the greatest is Larry Bird - that white boi could ball.

You're right but he's carrying them to a level that is unheard of, matched MJs 40+point record the other night, if they go on to win this it's probably his greatest ever achievement.

Odds are against a title and that's one of the biggest knocks on him.

3-5 (6) in Finals, only got 2 when playing with Wade and Bosh, and 1 with Kyrie.

He'd be in the top 5 all time

For me, MJ is the best I have seen.

He was mostly surrounded by great players though.

Kobe was amazing and was carrying the Lakers on his back towards the end of his career.

Lebron has been phenomenal wherever he has played though. Didn't look like he was ever going to get that first championship until Miami. Look at him now.

MJ only played with one hall of famer (Pippen) in his first run of 3 titles and played with Pippen and Rodman in his second run of 3.

He made them great teams.

Other teams around that time had as much if not more talent, they just didn't have 23.

Post merger

The greatest collection of talent on a single team was the 86 Celtics

Bird HOF

Parish HOF

McHale HOF

DJ HOF

Walton HOF

And Danny Ainge.

As far as playoff dominance goes it's hard to look past the 83 76ers who went 12-1 including a sweep of the kareem/magic Lakers.

And if the warriors win this year, it's as a good a run as anyone has ever had over a four year period - 3 titles, 4 finals and a ridiculous winning percentage over that period.

• 4 weeks later...

In what sense? He's turned down more money in Cleveland.

Will be interesting to see who follows him as he won't be going on his own.

Yeah I'm aware that it's less that he'd have got with the Cavs but his sponsors and so on will all go up barring Nike, he's on a rumoured billion dollar deal with them as it is but him moving to LA opens more doors.

• 2 months later...

It's a question that can never be answered. 

Ridiculous talent though.

Those coattail Miami rings don't count. It'd be like if Jordan got to play with Pippen and another star like Shawn Kemp or a healthy Grant Hill.

Statistically... the real goat is Wilt. Laker Lebron is in for a rough year.