Mlb

With the new season starting next week is anyone interested in joining a Chat fantasy baseball league?

If there is enough interest, 8 teams minimum needed I'll set one up with the free one at MLB.com here .

Just add your names below if you want to join and I'll set it up by Sunday.

I'd give it a bash.

My baseball app is fucked at the moment so haven't really kept up to date with how things are going with transfers etc..also first time ive noticed pre season results. Most of the "bigger" teams playing shite.

Yankees will not make the play offs and ill chuck in A-Rod having a mare of a season (injured for a while as it is). I fear Red Sox might have cleared out their dead wood and shite attitude so will be in the mix.

Despite their awful pre season L.A Dodgers should do well, their first full season having big spending owners. Tigers are still solid.

I'll go with an all L.A final.

Angles v Dodgers, Angels in 7!

I'd give it a bash.

My baseball app is fucked at the moment so haven't really kept up to date with how things are going with transfers etc..also first time ive noticed pre season results. Most of the "bigger" teams playing shite.

Yankees will not make the play offs and ill chuck in A-Rod having a mare of a season (injured for a while as it is). I fear Red Sox might have cleared out their dead wood and shite attitude so will be in the mix.

Despite their awful pre season L.A Dodgers should do well, their first full season having big spending owners. Tigers are still solid.

I'll go with an all L.A final.

Angles v Dodgers, Angels in 7!

Don't see much from the red sox either to be honest... cleared out a lot of dead wood. Not much quality left... pitching is as usual a worry and they'll be relying on big years from Ortiz, Pedroia and Ellsbury. Transitional year. The Red Sox and yankees may both end up missing the playoffs this year. Think Toronto should win the division, with Tampa Bay nabbing the wild card.

No idea who'll win the WS this year - it's wide open.

I normally buy the lite version of it for my phone. That gives me 1 game a day (they choose the game) all the stats, scoreboard and at least 2 radio versions of each game plus extended highlights from the previous games. The lite version is well worth the money, if your a night hawk i'd probably buy the full thing but as im normally asleep when most games are played its pointless.

The radio is pretty good when you're chilling or trying to get to sleep.

I forgot all about Toronto, they were making a little bit of noise last year about being a decent force once again but due to me not being up to scratch with transfers etc not sure if its blossomed into anything.

I've got MLB.tv and I think it is worth the money. Obviously west coast games tend to be during the night but lunch time and early evening games in ET become early evening and around 9pm games over here. Easy to sit down and watch either on the iPad or streamed through the tv.

Also with BT buying ESPN America it's unclear of what their commitment will be past this summer.

• 1 month later...

Walt Weiss, fuckin hell that name takes me back.

The Jays are my team, have been since eh lived in TO back in the day. So much for the World Series this year, not a single everyday player hitting over .250, Dickey inconsistent and the rest of the rotation non-existent.

Hopeless :angry:

Aye. so much for Dickey's almost unbeatable knuckleball. i've caught a few games of late, but now that play-off hockey has started, can't really be bothered any more. the Jays are going nowhere this season. :unsure:

Walt Weiss, fuckin hell that name takes me back.

The Jays are my team, have been since eh lived in TO back in the day. So much for the World Series this year, not a single everyday player hitting over .250, Dickey inconsistent and the rest of the rotation non-existent.

Hopeless :angry:

Terrible start, but it's still early days... summer hasn't even started yet! The jays were much fancied this season... I would still bank on them finishing over .500 for the season. Similar story for the LA Angels - I think they were the outright favourites and they've had an even worse start!

Yeah a lot of the "bigger" teams have started really bad but as SOTR mentioned its early doors and with there now being 2 wild card spots then even a late push would see them being in the mix.

MadJock i think the Rays have no chance, maybe the past few years that would have been a decent bet but not this season.

Dodgers 12/1

Angels 16/1

Blue Jays 25/1

Going by the above not much value in either LA sides but Jays would surely be worth £10 of anyones cash, seeing how IMO their division is at its weakest its been in years maybe even a decade?

• 2 months later...