Mlb

:cry:

Game 7 awaits. :P

Who will the starting pitchers be for that? Reckon they will play anyone on "short" rest?

I think it will be Peavy. Buchholz is fucked I think. Also, there has been some talk that Doubront could start. I think Doubront will have a major role to play. I would be tempted to start him ahead of Peavy because the Cardinals struggle against lefties. However I think he'll be saved to provide long relief should Lackey or Peavy blow up early. Some suggestions that Lester could also be wheeled out at some point!

Going to be interesting... but I just hope that Lackey can get the job done tonight. It is simply incredible that John Lackey stands on the verge of winning the world series for Boston. I would love it if Lackey gets the win.

I've tried watching in the past but it's as slow as a week in jail, might give it another go, see if I've got it wrong. I usually love all sport!

I used to think it was terrible, until I spent some time studying in Boston. Went to quite a few games and really fell in love with it. Fenway is an amazingly atmospheric place. It comes into it's own, as a sport, during the playoffs. Edge of the seat stuff.

It was a brilliant world series too! Nothing between the two teams. Obviously Big Papi got the MVP - it was an incredible indivdual performance. However, I thought Boston shaded it because they won the key starting pitching duels. Harsh on Big Papi, but Lesters two wins were more key IMO - particularly in game 5.

• 1 month later...

Didn't see that coming.

With the Sheriff already at the Yankees, they must be favourites for the Superbowl next season.

Ellsbury was always going to leave. No point in matching that sort of outrageous contract when you have one of the biggest prospects in baseball waiting in the wings. Annoying he's gone to Yankees, but that sort of contract will kill them, especially if resign Cano. Will be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets at Fenway. Two championships with the Sox should ensure it isn't all bad.

• 9 months later...

I would have loved to have been at Jeters last home match. Proper "Hollywood" ending.

I like CJ Wilson so Angels get my support for WS. He's been shocking past few months though so not expecting much from him or Angels to be honest.

Athletics & Pirates to progress hopefully.

Took in a Tampa game this year, shocking crowd (as per) but still a class day out. Attempted a man V food challange at the game! Big mistake!

Did you get to see the mighty Os?

Nats @ Mets

Tampa @ Yanks

I would have loved to have been at Jeters last home match. Proper "Hollywood" ending.

I like CJ Wilson so Angels get my support for WS. He's been shocking past few months though so not expecting much from him or Angels to be honest.

Athletics & Pirates to progress hopefully.

Took in a Tampa game this year, shocking crowd (as per) but still a class day out. Attempted a man V food challange at the game! Big mistake!

Yea it looked awesome. I was raging when I never saw him at SS on the positions graphic but then he was DH and got a hit so all was well.

I'm a Mets fan but I'm hoping Pittsburgh go all the way this year. LAA/LAD :/

Royals V Orioles

Giants V Cardinals

My prediction about C.J was even worse than i thought 0.2 IP.

Lackey is still producing the goods which will delight SOTR.

Sad news about Josh Beckett having to retire, always liked his stuff & even had a 2.88 ERA this season.

Royals for me but quite a poor final 4 IMO entertainment wise.

Royals V Orioles

Giants V Cardinals

My prediction about C.J was even worse than i thought 0.2 IP.

Lackey is still producing the goods which will delight SOTR.

Sad news about Josh Beckett having to retire, always liked his stuff & even had a 2.88 ERA this season.

Royals for me but quite a poor final 4 IMO entertainment wise.

Lackey has been pretty much brilliant for most of his career. He had a couple of stinking seasons after signing a big money contract at Boston, but came good just at the right time. An absolute machine in the post season.

I was fortunate enough to attend a Beckett start at Fenway Park - great player when he was on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Fuck staying up to watch it.

Still think/hope Cubs win it 4-3.

Joe Maddon is an excellent manager. Refreshing to hear a manager talk about expectation as a positive rather than the usual piss we get fed.

I'd normally record it but absolutely buzzing for it tonight. It's going to be massively emotional either way.

Fair play to him for changing the line up at Game 6 away from home.