Mlb

Baseball is an acquired taste, you either get it or you don't.

Like any other sport it is infinitely better seen in person, preferably in good weather and with a few cold beverages.

Doubt very much the Yankees or the Red Sox will be crying coz Henry won't be leaving his croft to come see them.

Some how I don't quite think of you as some one willing to invest in the intricacies of the sport.

Seeing as how you're a cowkin thicko

• 2 months later...

With the new season starting next week is anyone interested in joining a Chat fantasy baseball league?

If there is enough interest, 8 teams minimum needed I'll set one up with the free one at MLB.com here .

Just add your names below if you want to join and I'll set it up by Sunday.

@dave_min

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had money on Ryu last night, but it's all come together for Price just at the right time... reminds me a bit of Lackeys post-season resurgence last time Boston won the world series! Very pleasing!

LA needs to win the first of their home-stand I think...

Before the playoffs, I tipped Houston again... but from what I've seen, it's the the two AL East teams who've been the best!  Yankees vs Red Sox was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests.

batting, some of these 20/20 batsmen that can hit sixes for fun. 

Whilst obviously, hand eye coordination, and bat speed would be transferable, it is actually an entirely different skill set.

Ed Smith wrote a book about it 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playing-Hard-Ball-Cricket-Baseball/dp/0349116660/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

What I would also point out is that at the top end Major League levels, they may make more money but the IPL type money they earn now, is nowhere until they get to the Majors - I think salaries in the minors would shock you at the low level.

@@Sonoftherock how are you celebrating?

haha!  Enjoyed that!

It really has been an incredibly dominant year from the Red Sox.  108 wins was amazing, particularly out of a really hard division, but I thought shortcoming in relief pitching would come back to bite during the playoffs... but that wasn't really the case.  Offensively the production was incredible... some people are saying the best ever.  The numbers certainly stack-up. The Red Sox just seemed to over power teams this year.

• 2 years later...