Cricket

It was an amazing run out, cricket at its best. England though are just fucked up, was a joy to watch them collapse, they were meant to be unbeatable a few months back.

Spectacular collapse. Guys like Cook and Pietersen showed a more today, but Englands tail has just been smashed by the Australian attack in every single test.

Mitchell Johnson is getting the headlines, but Nathan Lyon is developing into a brilliant spin bowler. Australias attack is frightening at the moment... and they have Cummins and Pattinson waiting in the wings too! If Australia find a couple of batsmen, then they are going to be challenging South Africa soon.... that's a big 'if' though.

Not all doom and gloom for England though. Bairstow I think will grow into an excellent wicket keeper and that Stokes is going to be incredible. Already very good with both bat and ball... he's only played three tests. Early days yet, but he looks like he has the tools to become something very special.

I laid off England, £50 at evens, looks like money down the drain, couple hundred profit still if they get beat, wish I'd left it 10 minutes though, the collapse was so quick, :)

I like KP but fuck knows what he was playing at tonight, I think he wanted out.

He was better today I thought, but still doesn't look like he gives a fuck. Hasn't since he's turned up in Australia. Body language reminds me the likes of Dravid and Laxman last time they were in Australia. Time for Pietersen to step aside I reckon.

Aussies still need the runs, the first 10 minutes tomorrow are crucial, can't wait for the game.

Was still plenty light tonight, they should have kicked on.

Mon

the Aussies, I despise England in any sport, cocky cunts think they just need to turn up to win.

The openers are key. Chris Rogers has looked pretty comfortable out there - I just google him and the reason for that is probably because he playing on his home Victorian field.

Getting Warner out should be Englands priority... if gets going then he could have 60 or 70 by lunch. In which case it's good night England.

Ingerlund making a rickets of it. Highly amusing.

Just as well I've the evil empire to view or Blowers would be confusing the bejeezus out of me. Confused Root and Panesar earlier, needed Boycott to sort him out. He's clearly losing more screws by the day.

Root bowled more than Monty, Broad bowled less than Bresnan. Cook's gan' feel, must be the drops flustering him.

P.S. fit's wi' this glacial speed ingerlund play at? Nae even that mulleted Oompaloompa McCall would coach a team to waste time in a 5 day game.

England to win the second test widely available at $3.00.

They haven't become a bad team over night and the massacre at the Gabba probably had a lot to do with complacency. I couldn't believe the way they were carrying on during the first innings when they had Australia on the rack during the early stages, laughing and joking, keepy-uppies between balls. They looked shell shocked when the Aussies came storming back at them. They'll be better prepared for the second test at Adelaide and much more focused I reckon - particularly after all the Australian sledging!

Adelaide was also a test that was pencilled in as a definitely England win before the series started. Mitchell Johnson did the damage in Brisbane, but he won't be a factor on the flat, lifeless pitch in Adelaide. Very much a batters surface and Englands top order are better than Australia's and I expect them to score heavily. You'll need a bit of guile to take wickets in Adelaide and if Jimmy Anderson can get the ball to swing, this will strengthen the case for England further. England also know they absolutely have to win in Adelaide, because the way he's playing, Mitchell Johnson is going to be even more lethal in Perth, on an even harder, bouncier surface than the Gabba!

Can't see past 2-1 going into the boxing day test at the MCG. This is shaping up to be a classic series. I have tickets to the first day of the third test! Cannot wait! Hope it's not too hot though - had the side of my face melted off the last couple of times I've been at the WACA.

After the total annihilation, the 5-0 massacre, the collapse after collapse, are you still sticking to your belief that Engerlands top order is better than Australia's ?

The most one sided ashes to date, classic viewing.

After the total annihilation, the 5-0 massacre, the collapse after collapse, are you still sticking to your belief that Engerlands top order is better than Australia's ?

The most one sided ashes to date, classic viewing.

I love watching the guffies get beat at any sport have watched quite a bit of the Ashes series and to be honest England have been pretty spineless

How so? he's probably one of the only ones that atleast done something, fair enough he got out cheaply alot but still done better than the likes of Cook and Anderson.

Splitting hairs there MIni, While KP had a marginally better average than Cook during this series, it was still pishe, in 10 innings he scored collective total of 294, slightly better than Carbury who scored 281 who has probably played his last test match for England.

The only players that can be somewhat satisfied with there own performance for England is Stokes and Broad.

A definition of a debacle.

I love watching the guffies get beat at any sport have watched quite a bit of the Ashes series and to be honest England have been pretty spineless

The commentators on SKY, are all ex England captains, and get stuck right into the team when they are not performing, the Ashes verdict at 9pm should be worth while watch.

2nd innings, bowled out in 32 overs... new depths...

Splitting hairs there MIni, While KP had a marginally better average than Cook during this series, it was still pishe, in 10 innings he scored collective total of 294, slightly better than Carbury who scored 281 who has probably played his last test match for England.

The only players that can be somewhat satisfied with there own performance for England is Stokes and Broad.

A definition of a debacle.

I agree but KP gets slated all the time, it's an easy target, you had a few players getting out to the same shots as he was and some even worse yet the media and some others just target him, looks as if he may retire now which leaves Englands batting order looking very dull and normal.

I agree but KP gets slated all the time, it's an easy target, you had a few players getting out to the same shots as he was and some even worse yet the media and some others just target him, looks as if he may retire now which leaves Englands batting order looking very dull and normal.

Retire ? he just said yesterday he fully wants to be part of the 2015 team to try and win back the ashes.

He gets more stick than others, as he is the only batsman in the squad who continually tells all and sundry that he is one of the very best, ever, and should rightly get it in the neck when he continually plays bad shots, his ego needs reined in.

Ex England player Phil Turfnell was just today saying, that great players do not play those kind of shots, continually, in those sort of situations and get out, KP is a good player, who often plays great innings from time to time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25636332

I fully agree.

He is obviously still pissed off at losing the captains position years ago, you can see by his field position he is not there giving Cook help and advise, he is clearly out of the England inner sanctum, and from England point of view, they would do well to give the vice captaincy to KP to see if that would help.

I know what he said but there's quite alot going about online and it makes sense if he was to retire rather than get dropped.

I really hope they get rid of Flower though he's got a lot to answer for, get rid of him push KP in to vice captain and watch him flourish.

They will not get rid of Flower, his record as England coach since 2009 when he took over from Peter Moores.

In the 19 or so Test series's since he was appointed, he has lost 3, Away to South Africa, Away to Pakistan in the UAE, and now away to Australia.

The moon doesn't give out any light.

When there is a vessel on there with a light on it does.

It doesn't give out any natural light, but reflects light from the Sun and also a small amount from the other stars in our galaxy, and an even smaller amount from stars in other galaxies. When all the stars in the universe eventually burn out in a few trillion years time, the whole universe will be dark, forever.

When there is a vessel on there with a light on it does.

It doesn't give out any natural light, but reflects light from the Sun and also a small amount from the other stars in our galaxy, and an even smaller amount from stars in other galaxies. When all the stars in the universe eventually burn out in a few trillion years time, the whole universe will be dark, forever.

That's the vessel giving the light not the moon.

As for your last bit, surely God will just say "Let there be light" again. Problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...

While watching England get destroyed is always good viewing, watching them lose from a seemingly unloseable position like they did in the ODI earlier today was fantastic viewing.

Crazy stuff, Aus needed 57 from 42 with 1 wicket left, that is just shocking.

Any chance we can change the thread title to just 'Cricket' so I can talk about the Big bash league and say I've got my ticket for the ODI at mannofield in May

While watching England get destroyed is always good viewing, watching them lose from a seemingly unloseable position like they did in the ODI earlier today was fantastic viewing.

Was going to post something about it! Was spectacular viewing! England had the match won, the commentators were talking about how important this victory was for them. One of the most incredible moments I've seen in sport! England need to just go home. 5 test matches and 2 ODIs now....

This summer has been like a throw back to the glory days of Hussein, Gower, Atherton, et al., who were routinely humiliated. It's even better as all the talk was about a potential England 0-5 victory in the lead up.

Was going to post something about it! Was spectacular viewing! England had the match won, the commentators were talking about how important this victory was for them. One of the most incredible moments I've seen in sport! England need to just go home. 5 test matches and 2 ODIs now....

This summer has been like a throw back to the glory days of Hussein, Gower, Atherton, et al., who were routinely humiliated. It's even better as all the talk was about a potential England 0-5 victory in the lead up.

Indeed.

7 straight ODI defeats for England.

Australia have a fantastic ODI team, Falconer, Finch and Maxwell are great to watch.