Roland Garros 2016

Starts next week!

Another tough draw for Murray... however, he has avoided being drawn in Nadals half. So potentially, he wouldn't play Djokovic or Nadal until the final.

Nishikori is the danger at this point. They're scheduled to meet in the quarters. Andy has never taken a set off him on clay. Having said that, over the past two years, it's arguable that this might have become his most successful surface! This year he's made the Italian masters final (beaten by Djokovic), but just last week he finally beat Djokovic (and Nadal) to win the Madrid masters! Wawrinka would probably be the semi-final opponent. He's the defending champion, but he's been a little out of sorts this year. Potential route to the final below:

R1 - Qualifier
R2 - Bourgue/Qualifier
R3 - Karlovic
R4 - Isner
QF - Nishikori
SF - Wawrinka/Raonic
F - Djokovic/Nadal

Think the general consensus is back the opposite to SOTR picks, that's what poster of the year Boof says anyway, I'd never be so cruel.

No predictions from me this year.... other than that I think this is the year Djokovic picks up his first French Open title! Hope I am indeed wrong!

Starts next week!

Another tough draw for Murray... however, he has avoided being drawn in Nadals half. So potentially, he wouldn't play Djokovic or Nadal until the final.

Nishikori is the danger at this point. They're scheduled to meet in the quarters. Andy has never taken a set off him on clay. Having said that, over the past two years, it's arguable that this might have become his most successful surface! This year he's made the Italian masters final (beaten by Djokovic), but just last week he finally beat Djokovic (and Nadal) to win the Madrid masters! Wawrinka would probably be the semi-final opponent. He's the defending champion, but he's been a little out of sorts this year. Potential route to the final below:

R1 - Qualifier
R2 - Bourgue/Qualifier
R3 - Karlovic
R4 - Isner
QF - Nishikori
SF - Wawrinka/Raonic
F - Djokovic/Nadal

either side of the draw is in its own way a tough draw.

I am heading over on Monday. I have all day tickets for the Philipe-Chatrier court.

Starts next week!

R1 - Qualifier

R2 - Bourgue/Qualifier

R3 - Karlovic

R4 - Isner

QF - Nishikori

SF - Wawrinka/Raonic

F - Djokovic/Nadal

Where's Federer?

either side of the draw is in its own way a tough draw.

I am heading over on Monday. I have all day tickets for the Philipe-Chatrier court.

How long are you out there for? You've probably got a good chance of seeing Murray on Chatrier with Nadal and Djokovic on the other side of the draw. Usually when he's paired with those guys he end ups playing on Lenglen during the early rounds.

Have you seen Murray before?

How long are you out there for? You've probably got a good chance of seeing Murray on Chatrier with Nadal and Djokovic on the other side of the draw. Usually when he's paired with those guys he end ups playing on Lenglen during the early rounds.

Have you seen Murray before?

Only there on Monday for the day. I've seen Djockovic, Murray and Warinka at the US open in 2013. Djockovic Was amazing that night.

I really hope to see nadal on clay.

The schedule says two women's and two men's matches on Chatrier on Monday so here's hoping it's at least 1 or 2 of the big names.

Only there on Monday for the day. I've seen Djockovic, Murray and Warinka at the US open in 2013. Djockovic Was amazing that night.

I really hope to see nadal on clay.

The schedule says two women's and two men's matches on Chatrier on Monday so here's hoping it's at least 1 or 2 of the big names.

It's weird at the French Open... the opening rounds are over three days Sun-Tuesday. Reading on twitter that Murray is supposed to be playing on Monday. Wawrinka, as champion, should be opening on Sunday... so I reckon you've got an evens chance of seeing Rafa. He should be on Tuesday or Monday.

Murray Stepanek should be a decent contest for a R1 match. Stepanek is obviously long past his best, but he's a show man and I'd imagine he'll bring out something for the big occasion. Should be more competitive than Nadal and Djokovic's openers.

If you get a chance, go and see Kyrgios - one of the most exciting players on tour and unless he completely implodes, this is a player who'll go on to become a multiple grand slam winner.

It's weird at the French Open... the opening rounds are over three days Sun-Tuesday. Reading on twitter that Murray is supposed to be playing on Monday. Wawrinka, as champion, should be opening on Sunday... so I reckon you've got an evens chance of seeing Rafa. He should be on Tuesday or Monday.

Murray Stepanek should be a decent contest for a R1 match. Stepanek is obviously long past his best, but he's a show man and I'd imagine he'll bring out something for the big occasion. Should be more competitive than Nadal and Djokovic's openers.

If you get a chance, go and see Kyrgios - one of the most exciting players on tour and unless he completely implodes, this is a player who'll go on to become a multiple grand slam winner.

Going with the way the draw is spread out I reckon we should see Murray and one of nadal or Djockovic. I'd be happy seeing Tsonga or kyrgios too.

Going with the way the draw is spread out I reckon we should see Murray and one of nadal or Djockovic. I'd be happy seeing Tsonga or kyrgios too.

Unlucky to miss Nadal and Djokovic... but tickets for Murray, Wawrinka and Nishikori isn't too bad! Rosol is potentially a tricky first rounder for Wawrinka.

If you don't fancy watching Wawrinka again, Dimitrov vs Troicki is on court 3 at 10 am... that would be my pick of the round!

Unlucky to miss Nadal and Djokovic... but tickets for Murray, Wawrinka and Nishikori isn't too bad! Rosol is potentially a tricky first rounder for Wawrinka.

If you don't fancy watching Wawrinka again, Dimitrov vs Troicki is on court 3 at 10 am... that would be my pick of the round!

6-0 6-0 6-0 Dimitrov it is then. ;)

COMEBACK.

Not sure how he's done that! Stepanek didn't deserve to lose. After his heroics in Italy, then beating Nadal and Djokovic in Madrid, its hard to believe he was nearly knocked out in the first round by a semi-retired 37-year old.

Didn't play well, but as per normal came through when it came down to a scrap.

Needs a straight sets, quick match against Bourgue if he's to do anything year.

I think I was the only one in the stadium hoping for a Rosol win. They really like wawrinka in Paris. Rosol lost it when he gave that double break point.

The whole day was a great experience despite the rain threatening to ruin it.

@Boofon - both Wawrinka and Murray first round ties went to 5-sets! Here speaks the oracle!

I think I was the only one in the stadium hoping for a Rosol win. They really like wawrinka in Paris. Rosol lost it when he gave that double break point.

The whole day was a great experience despite the rain threatening to ruin it.

How was Murray received by the French crowd? When I've seen him at the Australia Open, every single Aussie was cheering for his opponents!

@Boofon - both Wawrinka and Murray first round ties went to 5-sets! Here speaks the oracle!

How was Murray received by the French crowd? When I've seen him at the Australia Open, every single Aussie was cheering for his opponents!

They were much more in favour of stepanek.

Murray scrapes through a five-setter again.

Big Ivo in the next round.

Not sure what's going on with Murray. He'd been the top player through the clay court season... but almost overnight he's gone to shit. Only got through these last two matches by scrapping. Should have lost both of them.

There is definitely something wrong here. Karlovic next - either way, at least he won't have to do as much running!

Not sure what's going on with Murray. He'd been the top player through the clay court season... but almost overnight he's gone to shit. Only got through these last two matches by scrapping. Should have lost both of them.

There is definitely something wrong here. Karlovic next - either way, at least he won't have to do as much running!

3-0 Murray. Lump on.

He's been struggling, that can't be argued but I'm not sure I agree that he should have lost. Neither Stepanek or the young french lad had match point chances

3-0 Murray. Lump on.

:sherlock:

:laughing:

Looking like an easy 3-0 win to Murray as per SOTR's prediction that he's struggling big time.

2 sets up within an hour and only 4 points dropped on serve in the 3rd set which is going to a tie break.

Well played @sonoftherock :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: