Roland Garros 2016

My take on all this, a more expert view than SOTR, is that Murray was rough as fuck for the first two rounds after over celebrating Hibs win last Saturday, joining the rest of Scotland in rejoicing at the destruction of the newco.

He's sobering up now and suddenly he's coming at it.

I'd say thats pretty near to the mark.

• Upvote 3

Not sure what's going on with Murray. He'd been the top player through the clay court season... but almost overnight he's gone to shit. Only got through these last two matches by scrapping. Should have lost both of them.

There is definitely something wrong here. Karlovic next - either way, at least he won't have to do as much running!

:sherlock:

:laughing:

Looking like an easy 3-0 win to Murray as per SOTR's prediction that he's struggling big time.

2 sets up within an hour and only 4 points dropped on serve in the 3rd set which is going to a tie break.

Well played @sonoftherock :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

You are scraping barrel now boof! I don't see a prediction for Karlovic... I just said either way (i.e. win or lose), he won't have to do a lot of running! Playing against Karlovic, there aren't many long points!

After two big servers, Gasquet is going to be a step-up... a home player, who's very natural on clay - he had a terrific win over Nishikori in the previous round too! Will be a good match to watch - guaranteed to be some insane rallies!

You are scraping barrel now boof! I don't see a prediction for Karlovic... I just said either way (i.e. win or lose), he won't have to do a lot of running! Playing against Karlovic, there aren't many long points!

After two big servers, Gasquet is going to be a step-up... a home player, who's very natural on clay - he had a terrific win over Nishikori in the previous round too! Will be a good match to watch - guaranteed to be some insane rallies!

You did say I'd never post on the hat again, too.

I love watching Gasquet. Saw him win the Nottingham Open 10 years ago - a player who has the lot, but has sadly always lacked the physicality or mental toughness to take the next step in the Grand Slams.

A 4th Roland Garros semi finals for Murray. He's never been further. Beaten twice by Nadal and once by Djokovic at this stage. Next up is the reigning Champion Stan Wawrinkwa. Should be an absolute classic! This is what it's all about! Can't wait!

I love watching Gasquet. Saw him win the Nottingham Open 10 years ago - a player who has the lot, but has sadly always lacked the physicality or mental toughness to take the next step in the Grand Slams.

A 4th Roland Garros semi finals for Murray. He's never been further. Beaten twice by Nadal and once by Djokovic at this stage. Next up is the reigning Champion Stan Wawrinkwa. Should be an absolute classic! This is what it's all about! Can't wait!

Murray to retire hurt first game of first set I reckon.

• Upvote 1