Roland Garros 2016

Thanks Minj, hadn't read that before. There was a great link on here years ago (I think it was you who had found that one also) and it had a lot of evidence to suggest a lot of Nadals injurys were drug breaks.

EDIT: Murray hinted recently that he thinks some players are on drugs and Becker (Djokovic's coach) was straight on it, having a go.

The very long blog about it all? I'll try find it again must've been from around 3 or 4 years ago but so much stuff in it that all added up.

The drugs tests don't seem to be carried out that often here's a link to some of the US players that have been tested this year, only 13 players and 26 tests http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/

The very long blog about it all? I'll try find it again must've been from around 3 or 4 years ago but so much stuff in it that all added up.

The drugs tests don't seem to be carried out that often here's a link to some of the US players that have been tested this year, only 13 players and 26 tests http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/

Aye, that's the one but loads of the stuff was deleted.

• 2 years later...

Wonder what the script is with this Johanna Konta lassie. Comes out of nowhere looking like she might win a major then falls off a cliff edge barely able to win a match for two years only to spring back to life again looking capable of winning a major. I don't get it.

Wonder what the script is with this Johanna Konta lassie. Comes out of nowhere looking like she might win a major then falls off a cliff edge barely able to win a match for two years only to spring back to life again looking capable of winning a major. I don't get it.

Konta isn't the only one... with Williams in decline, womens tennis is pretty much the polar opposite to the situation in mens tennis, which is still being dominated by a group of players who are among the best to ever pick up a racquet.

There have been 8 different womens number 1's in the past 2 years.  Since Williams none of them have been able to maintain any sort of dominance.  Halep has been No. 1 for the longest period over the past few years, but hasn't been able to dominate GS's.

In womens tennis right now, it wouldn't be a massive surprise if any player in the top 32 had a good run of form, then took out a grand slam, only to disappear back into the abyss.... plenty have come close - Konta isn't alone (e.g. Ostapenko won the 2017 French Open)!  That would be inconceivable in mens tennis right now.