Six Nations 2018

OddJob

If it had been given as a try it would have remained a try, wasn't conclusive evidence on replay to give it imo

Saw a still photograph today which clearly shows the ball grounded and the Welsh players hand on it. Having said that the video the panel had access to may not have had the same clarity as the still and therefore could not award the try. Tough on Wales.

Cant say im confident about this game on Sunday. Folk saying we cant possibly be as bad as we were v wales, but such people are obviously unfamiliar with scottish sport of any kind.

Edit - apparently half a dozen changes to the side, so maybe there that will produce a wildcard effect.

I have to admit I was nervous when the French went 10-0 up but that was a great turnaround by Scotland to win that match. Highly entertaining too.

I have to admit I was nervous when the French went 10-0 up but that was a great turnaround by Scotland to win that match. Highly entertaining too.

What a game. Finn Russell had probably his worst game for us but thank god for Laidlaw, immense calmness when it was badly needed. Have to say the French must be pissedoff yet again, another game they probably should have won but we’ll take the win. Now for the Guff cunts

What a game. Finn Russell had probably his worst game for us but thank god for Laidlaw, immense calmness when it was badly needed. Have to say the French must be pissedoff yet again, another game they probably should have won but we’ll take the win. Now for the Guff cunts

Maybe a little harsh on us mate, the French mistakes were down to attack after attack from Scotland. They also got a huge slice of luck with that bounce for their 2nd try.

We kept at it and got the reward.

Agree with you on laidlaw, what a return to the starting lineup. Russell will bounce back soon enough.

I can’t see England being forced into the same mistakes as the French but bring it on anyway.

I didn't expect that at all, but dont look a gift horse in the mouth eh?

To be fair they kept in touch with the frogs throughout and gradually over-hauled them.

I thought our defence stank for their 2 tries and in attack we wasted a lot of good field position. I nearly blew a gasket when russel failed to find touch with that penalty kick and the french ended up with a scrum. 'kin ell.

The players are probably most surprised of all :laughing: Lets hope they can use this to kick on and have a decent championship.

Saw a still photograph today which clearly shows the ball grounded and the Welsh players hand on it. Having said that the video the panel had access to may not have had the same clarity as the still and therefore could not award the try. Tough on Wales.

Was it a photo or a freeze frame of the tv - you get foreshortening with TV is why I'm asking

A fingertip imo isn't control.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go then lads. It's our time I can feel it. I hope the Scottish players have all read Phil Bennett's inspirational motivational speech to his Welsh teammates before they played the English in 1977 :

Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English – and that's who you are playing this afternoon.

​C'MON!

The really pleasing thing about that performance and result was it wasn't some grind it out sneak over the line just victory.

We deserved the win and totally bossed the cunts.

Good scrummaging, good lineout, good kicking, very few handling errors and we only gave away a couple of penalties. England's usual tactic of outmuscling us fell flat in the face of our vastly superior tactical game. Hopefully we can carry this forward to our away form starting against the Irish. Great day.

Wish I could give a fuck about rugger, because that looks like quite an exciting scoreline if you care about stuff like that.

Would cheerfully never see Scotland win another rugby match if it meant we could scrape a draw against the Tims tomorrow.

Mon the Dons.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1