Six Nations 2018

OddJob

Fitba could learn a lot fae rugby,especially on the field of play.Light years ahead with the TMO and respect for the officials!Nae half arsed effort from the players,cos if you dinna go in 100% you get battered.Can you imagine the likes of Ronaldo and Robben etc if it was rugby...

Fitba could learn a lot fae rugby,especially on the field of play.Light years ahead with the TMO and respect for the officials!Nae half arsed effort from the players,cos if you dinna go in 100% you get battered.Can you imagine the likes of Ronaldo and Robben etc if it was rugby...

If you're allowed to pick a ball up and run with it how much skill can it really take? 

No trapping a 50 yard crossfield pass... you just have to catch it in your hands. 

No curving a wicked banana shot around the wall, you just carry the ball till someone knocks you on your arse... which, again, doesn't take a crazy amount of skill. 

No 75 yard bicycle kicks into the top corner, no flicks, tricks, or rainbow kicks... just steam along holding onto the the ball. 

Ronaldo can probably keep the ball in the air for an hour with a variety of keepy-up skills, whereas a rugby player who played all his life and plays at the highest level... he can hold the ball in his hands indefinitely. But then again, so could a lassie. Because the total skillset required to do that is... 'I can hold a ball in my hands.'

Mad Rugby Skills. 

008-ARM-9214-Celynnen-Photography.jpg

What a gutting end to the match. Finn Russell was outstanding and deservedly MOTM. Annoying tho how it took until the final 40 mins of the tournament for us to show what we can do. Can only hope although still months away it is confidence for the World Cup

Aye we could turn into an elitist sport, only played by the rich, allow anyone to play for any country they’ve spent 5 minutes in, fake injuries with blood capsules, but we will respect the ref cause we are big poofs who went to boarding school and should respect sucking aff the older kids.

Shove your rugby up your arse.

Have you boys watched rugby?

Some of those boys do keepy ups with a rugby ball.In Union at least,the skill and accuracy of the kicking,can have a huge bearing on the outcome of the game.

I’ll always prefer fitba,however I admire the commitment of the lads that play rugby.They put their bodies on the line in a way fitba players used to.Full blooded and nae falling about like a cunt to get somebody red carded.

When you see footage from the 60’s/70’s/80’s,today’s fitba is poor in comparison for effort & commitment.

The skill level has arguably gone up,but the soul has gone out of the game at the top level.

Some of those boys do keepy ups with a rugby ball.In Union at least,the skill and accuracy of the kicking,can have a huge bearing on the outcome of the game.

I’ll always prefer fitba,however I admire the commitment of the lads that play rugby.They put their bodies on the line in a way fitba players used to.Full blooded and nae falling about like a cunt to get somebody red carded.

When you see footage from the 60’s/70’s/80’s,today’s fitba is poor in comparison for effort & commitment.

The skill level has arguably gone up,but the soul has gone out of the game at the top level.

Here's my personal experience with rugby... 

Played fitba for my school, but one of the teachers was a bit of an upper class Hooray Henry and he decided we were going to play rugger inna. 

He taught us the basics, which didn't seem too difficult, then he organised some matches. 

Very first match I played in I got the ball, ran from virtually my own 'box' and sprinted to the other end of the field. No skill required aside from dodging and running fast while not even having to control the ball. TOUCHDOWN!

"This is piss easy" I thought to myself. 

Anyway, at the end of the game I was fairly surprised that this particular sport was ludicrously easy, but I'd done what was required and scored a bunch of goals. 

As we sat in the Pavillion afterwards I was surprised to be berated by the Hooray Henry... "They say any fool can run with the ball and every fool does!" He told me. He was basically giving me into trouble for pissing his skill-free game at the first attempt, demanding that I pass the ball rather than just going straight up the pitch and sticking over the line...which is what I had thought was the object of the game. 

So, basically, in order to give this shitty 'sport' of his the illusion of difficulty he was demanding I overcomplicate it by passing the ball to someone else who would pass it to someone else etc. rather than just steaming up the pitch and scoring in the pitch-wide goal using my fucking hands. 

There wasn't even a goalkeeper, if I remember correctly. 

So, you can hold the ball all you want, you can score anywhere in the 70 yard wide goal, there are no goalies, and in order to make it seem like a proper sport you have to overcomplicate how its played. 

It's not brilliant, is it? 

Aye kicking done by about 2-4 people per team max. Normally only one who is great at it. A lot less skill than scoring a free kick. Need to be able to hit it long and straight.

Plenty cheating in rugby and probably more blatant violence than football also.

I especially love the way the nice rugger folks scrape their studs on opponents, gouge eyes and punch folk.

Still, they call the ref "sir", I guess. So that makes it all okay.