Snooker

BWG

Neil Robertson for me.

Just for the name, don't know anything about him, other than he is an Aussie and has naff hair.

He's found some form of late after going well off the boil the last couple of years, got too addicted to computer games which in turn meant he stopped practicing as much on the table.

See Barry Hearn has said there will be a £20m prize fund in the next couple of years and that they are going to be naming and shaming the slow players over the next year.

Oh to have a forward thinking person like him running Scottish fitba. Guess we'll have to settle for Tim McHun in charge.

Don't like the obsession with fast play though. Nothing wrong with letting people think about their shot.

That's not the issue, you've got guys that take close to a minute on average for fairly straight forward shots, over a match even where safety battles come in to it the top guys will be well under 30secs a shot, I think out of the lads left in the worlds just now the 'slowest' average time is 25secs a shot. As a fan I can appreciate the time taken for some shots and I absolutely love a good safety battle however a lot get put off with slow play, Bazza is doing and saying the right stuff.

34.41 seconds is the slowest average time this season. Ebdon is 129th out of 131 with an average shot time of 31.51 seconds. It's not that big of an ask to get them to shave at most 4.41 seconds off of their shot time.

Tactical snooker is fine. Taking 5 fucking minutes to miss a simple red is not.

• Upvote 1

34.41 seconds is the slowest average time this season. Ebdon is 129th out of 131 with an average shot time of 31.51 seconds. It's not that big of an ask to get them to shave at most 4.41 seconds off of their shot time.

Tactical snooker is fine. Taking 5 fucking minutes to miss a simple red is not.

Do these stats go back to previous players? Griffiths and Thorburn were slow as fuck. Then along came Peter Ebdon and nowadays I'd say Marco Fu must be among the dullards.

And who could have predicted this lot? A last four of John Higgins, Kyren Wilson, Barry Hawkins and Mark Williams?

That was an epic battle between Higgins and Judd, glad Higgins got the win but do feel a little sorry for Judd, played extremely well.

Mind when Higgins done him in the final some years back? Trump totally outplayed him but Higgins just ground him down in the end. One of the toughest players to play against, such a good match player.