Experiments With Food

i'm off in search of some black garlic this afternoon. am planning to make a salsa with it. :dontknow:

should hopefully be a fine topper to a piece of grilled chicken. :thumbs:

Never even heard that till right now, looks interesting though. Does it actually taste of garlic? (know that sounds weird)

Never even heard that till right now, looks interesting though. Does it actually taste of garlic? (know that sounds weird)

apparently similar to roasted garlic, but fermented. so sweet-ish, not as strong a garlic flavour as other garlics, and with an almost balsamic flavour to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_garlic_(food)

i found something online about making it at home yourself. but i'm not about to leave my dehydrator on for 40 days! :ThumbsDown: so a trek through Asian food markets will hopefully prove successful.

It is obvious to me that most of you guys are using a sensual level of judgement when it comes to cooking and that's just fine.

There is always a downside , however , and sensual judgement is usually short-term gratification without the long-term benefit of health and well-being.

If it is a radical change in your outlook on life you want , a life changing experience if you will , look no further than this book - 'Rice and the Ten-Day Rice Diet' - Aihara and others ; 10 days that will change your life.....if you can stick with the discipline for 10 days.

Not getting the option to post a pikter !

It is obvious to me that most of you guys are using a sensual level of judgement when it comes to cooking and that's just fine.

There is always a downside , however , and sensual judgement is usually short-term gratification without the long-term benefit of health and well-being.

If it is a radical change in your outlook on life you want , a life changing experience if you will , look no further than this book - 'Rice and the Ten-Day Rice Diet' - Aihara and others ; 10 days that will change your life.....if you can stick with the discipline for 10 days.

Will eating Rice for 10 days give me a "Clean Drop" ?

but there's no reason you can't combine the sensual aspects of food and eating with good nutrition. :sheepdance:

food that's good for you, made pleasing to the eye and palate, is a winner for me.

there's a difference between food snobs, and people that just enjoy eating good tasting food. :dontknow:

Aye, they can enjoy it, fair play, but it's when they start banging on about it as if it's something special I get riled.

Especially those pricks on Masterchef, the greedy fat guy and the other gaylord with the clipped tones.

I'd dump the denner right on top of his head if he started his pish with me.

Corned beef and beetroot sandwiches

for corned beef and beetroot sandwiches you will need :

2 slices of loaf

2 slices of thinly cut Corned beef

2 decent sized slices of pickled beetroot

Margarine

Spread margarine on loaf , bang on 1 slice of corned dog , sling on the beetroot , gently place the second slice of corned beef on top off beetroot , lay other slice of loaf , cut in 2 .

Voila , nectar . great for any kind of dinner party or piece for yer work .

ENJOY :checkit:

Corned beef and beetroot sandwiches

for corned beef and beetroot sandwiches you will need :

2 slices of loaf

2 slices of thinly cut Corned beef

2 decent sized slices of pickled beetroot

Margarine

Spread margarine on loaf , bang on 1 slice of corned dog , sling on the beetroot , gently place the second slice of corned beef on top off beetroot , lay other slice of loaf , cut in 2 .

Voila , nectar . great for any kind of dinner party or piece for yer work .

ENJOY :checkit:

I avert your eyes to this thread Ledandy

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=28510

Parasites?

Is that from the rice or the rice cleaning them out?

Either way I have my doubts as to the authenticity of this claim.

The parasites that live in your gut , boofon.....apparently the amount can weigh up to a kilo ! Try it ! Ye cannae beat personal experience and ye'll get a 'good clean oot'.

The most effective thing to do is just to wash off a couple of handfuls of brown rice and chew raw for your breakfast for a few days in a row. Dem bugs don't like that and it beats stickin' a Mars Bar up yer erse.

The parasites that live in your gut , boofon.....apparently the amount can weigh up to a kilo ! Try it ! Ye cannae beat personal experience and ye'll get a 'good clean oot'.

The most effective thing to do is just to wash off a couple of handfuls of brown rice and chew raw for your breakfast for a few days in a row. Dem bugs don't like that and it beats stickin' a Mars Bar up yer erse.

i'm sorry, but that sounds just vile! :ThumbsDown: i'm pretty certain i couldn't chew my way through one handful of uncooked rice, let alone two.

on an experimental note.. grilled corn on the cob rolled in butter that's been liberally doused in the new Chipotle Tabasco sauce. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

It's not often I tinker about in the kitchen, but this last two months I've been baking with the kids so made a Strawberry Cheesecake, then made Chocolate Panna Cotta and a few days ago I made Apple Crumble. Pretty happy with them.

I had a failed attempt at bread though. It tasted nice just didn't rise and was stodgy inside.

Strawberry Cheesecake

25427C88-7274-41A6-B066-15CD429EB171-4845-0000062368697267.jpg

0634996F-E470-4275-A4E4-20D1F7ACA6A3-4845-000006236C9500E8.jpg

Chocolate Panna Cotta with toasted Walnuts and Strawberry Sauce

AAC142C2-03F1-4A0D-8E27-F233B5CDC2EF-4845-00000623638AD6BA.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'd post a picture of the Beef & Tomato pot noodle with a crumbled oxo cube in the cunt and a side order of 2 buttered dookers but I've wolfed the lot,BURP.

nice. :thumbup1:

in response to the Canadian team currently being royally pumped by Honduras, :clangers2: i`m going to eat a slice of my new go-to dessert, lime cheesecake. with a toasted coconut base. and a layer of lime curd on top. it may not help. but it can`t hurt.

keylime.jpg

nice. :thumbup1:

in response to the Canadian team currently being royally pumped by Honduras, :clangers2: i`m going to eat a slice of my new go-to dessert, lime cheesecake. with a toasted coconut base. and a layer of lime curd on top. it may not help. but it can`t hurt.

keylime.jpg

Looks braw LGIR.I prefer Lime to Lemon.Sorry about the Moose botherers getting stuffed.I've had a soft spot for Canada since I learned the fella who founded Nova Scotia came from a wee toun a couple of miles from where I was brought up.

It's not often I tinker about in the kitchen, but this last two months I've been baking with the kids so made a Strawberry Cheesecake, then made Chocolate Panna Cotta and a few days ago I made Apple Crumble. Pretty happy with them.

I had a failed attempt at bread though. It tasted nice just didn't rise and was stodgy inside.

Strawberry Cheesecake

Chocolate Panna Cotta with toasted Walnuts and Strawberry Sauce

spunk.giflooks magic min.

Also classy as awalys LGIR. trophy.gif

• Upvote 1

"deep-fried clootie dumplings, topped with a squirt of cream" :o

certainly experimental, but sounds a bit revolting. is anyone planning to try one over the festive period?

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/195634-after-mars-mission-carron-bar-boldly-going-where-no-one-has-gone-before/

No. I don't have a deep fat fryer.

My mate however swears by taking tins of shortbread anytime he goes over to the USA on holiday. He reckons he's had hotel room upgrades every time he checks into a hotel as he produces a tin of shortbread when he checks in and says it's a gift to the receptionist who deals with him.

I can see that working with gullible Americans who insist on telling you that they have Scottish ancestors when you tell them you are from Scotchland.

They never gied us that funcy shite at Woolmanhill when we got the clap in my day. A forthright injection in the arse and a "dinna come back again". Piece o piss. I was back six weeks later. There was a hooring rash o it all oer Eberdeen back then. Gonner-reeah it wiz. Nae fine.

Thats my chunces fucked wi giein LGIR a severe seeing to.

I hope no,Rocket.Following the posts of LDIR and your good self reminds me of thon long running coffee advert.

The whippersnappers on here won't have a clue what I mean. :tommy: