New Stadium Approved

Buses worked fine. They were absolutely packed as you can imagine, but they were arriving every couple of minutes so it was a case of either desperately trying to squeeze on (which many did even though the doors couldn't shut) or just be patient and let a few buses go past and get on one that had a bit of space on it.

Was on a bus within 20 mins of full-time.

Stadium was cracking, really impressed with it. Atmosphere was a typical friendly atmosphere but can imagine if full for a big game it'd be great.

But in 20 minutes I could have sunk three pints in the Pit. Why aren't the club taking this into account? This is the end of AFC as we know it.

• Downvote 1

But in 20 minutes I could have sunk three pints in the Pit. Why aren't the club taking this into account? This is the end of AFC as we know it.

Back in Pit and 3 pints scoofed in 20 minutes?

Thats Millerman time travelling right there. Takes 15 mins to leave after full time to get there. Youd have to leave early.

• Upvote 2

Buses worked fine. They were absolutely packed as you can imagine, but they were arriving every couple of minutes so it was a case of either desperately trying to squeeze on (which many did even though the doors couldn't shut) or just be patient and let a few buses go past and get on one that had a bit of space on it.

Stadium was cracking, really impressed with it. Atmosphere was a typical friendly atmosphere but can imagine if full for a big game it'd be great.

It's also just over half an hour's walk from the centre which thousands do. Surrounded by tram stops in various directions, the main bus station (and normally a subway station). Great idea. Yet still the buses were sardines for an 8000 crowd?

:)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Be good if that additional units get built at Prime Four too - then hopefully the Stadium won't seem so detached.

Detached?!?!

Have you not heard there will be a bar that holds 400, a café with a capacity of 80 (for all your pre match latte needs), a fan zone to get your face painted (dry weather only) AND a burger van.

Fear not, it'll be a hive of activity!

GIB!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Stewartie put the blockers on that, must be eyeing it up for housing. The cunt

He put the blockers on a JD Sports, next and a Superdrug, which they were planning to build there. Smart, strategic move by Milne. None of them would benefit the stadium and would only bring extra traffic on a Saturday.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good work @@Panda did you explain you were a tourist too? Just for stats obviously ;)

It's also just over half an hour's walk from the centre which thousands do. Surrounded by tram stops in various directions, the main bus station (and normally a subway station). Great idea. Yet still the buses were sardines for an 8000 crowd?

:)

You obviously never went to Amadeus ever

You obviously never went to Amadeus ever

Correct.

The place that eventually died because of location and shuttle buses.

Garage did the same recently and then it died on its arse. Started off with packed buses from RGU campuses, full on weekdays. Then people stopped using it and stopped going altogether. Hmm.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The pub/club scene in Aberdeen has always been a bit of a cycle, new place opens all the "top people" get attracted there initially, after the novelty wears off, they move to the next new thing and then the place that was cool at one point eventually just attracts minks......

Aberdeen has an "A list"? Does remind me of when Bex, Franklins and Paramount first opened and it was a big thing and that end of town would be the death of pubs at the other end. Fast forward a a few months and it was full of blokes with dodgy 'taches, white socks and paki sliders. Cyclical and all that. Not quite as easy to move a football stadium's customers between competing stadia though..

edit: Paramount was always alright actually, just a bit too close too Yates.

Aberdeen has an "A list"? Does remind me of when Bex, Franklins and Paramount first opened and it was a big thing and that end of town would be the death of pubs at the other end. Fast forward a a few months and it was full of blokes with dodgy 'taches, white socks and paki sliders. Cyclical and all that. Not quite as easy to move a football stadium's customers between competing stadia though..

edit: Paramount was always alright actually, just a bit too close too Yates.

That’s a blast from the past......yeah the ‘A’ list rich kids and hingers on and the fashionable folk. Mainly dicks! Paramount and Yates, there was a contrast of clientele :laughing:

Society is now Electric Fizz is it? A champagne bar.

Been in it once. Shite.

Was that not Ici ? Society was up Queens Road wasn't it, owned by Gareth Wood? A greater shower of pricks you could never hope to meet would frequent it, but I used to go because it was fairly near my old flat......and because I am a prick.

Actually remember chatting up some lassie and trying to impress her with the dickish watch I had bought. Don't know what was worse, the fact I was trying or the fact it was working.

I'm better than that now of course.